Mi8 SE stuck with only fastboot

clemclemclem

Members
Jan 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have been struggling for the past two days, since I received the phone in the post (3 months to get here..), initially to get gapps to work.
I received an unnoficial version installed by the seller with gapps on it but I was unable to login on google from any of the apps so I wanted to fix that.

Here is where I am at now:

My bootloader came unlocked so I installed TWRP, wiped Data + Calvin + Cache and flashed the latest xiaomi.eu ROM on it.
I was hoping I would get a clean ROM to install GAPPS on..

Flashing went just fine but now I can't boot into the ROM, booting into recovery also doesnt work.
I have acess to fastboot however so I tried to reinstall twrp from there but it also does not work.

I have been trying so many things I'm now just tired of this phone already :( even when I never used it.

If anyone on this forum has an idea or a good twrp that would work, please let me know, I'll really appreciate your help!

Reactions: fk3d22
Hey, you have to flash the official ROM through MiFlash. Follow this and download the ROM given in the thread: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
When you have done this, simply flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM without wiping anything, it should work well. If this ROM does not include Gapps, download from here (ARM64, 9.0, pico), and flash without wipe

Last edited:
When your phone can't boot to Recovery or OS, a fastboot flash (MiFlash) is your only option. I have done it on my Mi8, it did not lock the bootloader. And it has no reason to brick your phone if you do it properly ;-)
As I said, it is how you actually unbrick a bricked phone ^^

Last edited:
I would try but where do I find the ROM? Following the link you sent me there is no official Mi8 SE ROM it seems, and Miflash only accepts those, right?

Correct, you can only flash the fastboot version of the ROM with MiFlash. And you're right, I don't see the SE version.. I'll try to find one, I'll edit this post when I find it

EDIT : ok try this, but who know where they found it ...
EDIT 2 : The download comes from bigota.d.miui.com ... seems legit

Last edited:
Glad I could help ;-)
If you have any issue, feel free to contact me.
I switched to HavocOS on my Mi8, I couldn't stand MIUI anymore. In my opinion it is a pretty bad rom and I needed a closer to AOSP experience :)

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Right now I really appreciate the gesture system of miui, but a good pixel rom would be best so I see what you mean ;)

Gestures also exist on HavocOS, just like on MIUI. But when you use the keyboard, you have to press longer on the keys on the edges of the screen. It is because the system can't differentiate a key press or a gesture if you press to shortly :-(
That's the only reason why I don't use it anymore

i have the same problem too ...
can't you tell me the way that you had solve the problem
Please ?
Read the entire thread, if you don't understand something, you will find the answer on the web ;-)

Last edited:
i have the same problem too ...
can't you tell me the way that you had solve the problem
Please ?

Hey here is what I did for anyone coming here,

1. Download and install Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool from here:
https://www.xiaomigeek.com/download-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool.html

2. Download latest China developer Rom from here:
https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-official-miui-roms-for-xiaomi-mi-8-se/

3. Open up MiFlash and plug in your phone, MiFlash should recognise it.

4. Select the Rom you downloaded.

5. Select "Clean All" and not "Clean All & Lock" before flashing.

6. Flash and enjoy.

Reactions: fk3d22
Hey here is what I did for anyone coming here,

1. Download and install Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool from here:
https://www.xiaomigeek.com/download-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool.html

2. Download latest China developer Rom from here:
https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-official-miui-roms-for-xiaomi-mi-8-se/

3. Open up MiFlash and plug in your phone, MiFlash should recognise it.

4. Select the Rom you downloaded.

5. Select "Clean All" and not "Clean All & Lock" before flashing.

6. Flash and enjoy.

it's work the probelm solve
thanks .

Hi guys

Thanks, it seems to be working. So now Im back to the Chinese rom haha.

Did you in the end flash an EU rom ? If so, how did you do it? I got into TWRP again and flashed (without removing the system this time; the europe rom from the STABLE channel but I am stuck in fastboot again.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi guys

Thanks, it seems to be working. So now Im back to the Chinese rom haha.

Did you in the end flash an EU rom ? If so, how did you do it? I got into TWRP again and flashed (without removing the system this time; the europe rom from the STABLE channel but I am stuck in fastboot again.

Cheers
You have to format data in twrp. ('NOT wipe, FORMAT!!) And reboot in recovery to reload your zip to be flashed. Then install it.

Hello guys, I have a friend with the same issue, which version of TWRP should we use for Android Pie stable version?

I also faced the same problem - after trying to flash MIUI EU ROM i get stuck in fastboot.

I finally managed to get it to work, but only with V10.0.1.0.OEBCNFH. I also tried V10.3.1.0.PEBCNXM and V10.2.3.0.PEBCNXM but they do not work.

These are the steps I used:

1. Unlock bootloader with Mi Unlock tool. Boot into fastboot (volume down + power on).
2. Install TWRP as per here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8-se/development/recovery-twrp-recovery-installer-t3899697
3. From TWRP, FORMAT DATA, then type 'yes' to confirm. Do not reboot back into system. Go back to the home page, and select REBOOT > RECOVERY.
4. From PC, copy MIUI EU ROM into phone Internal Storage.
5. From TWRP, install MIUI EU ROM that you just copied into Internal Storage.

P.S. before I started I also installed ADB drivers as per here https://miui.blog/any-devices/xiaomi-adb-fastboot-usb-drivers-tool/

[QUOTE = "Hidro, gönderi: 470187, üye: 224475"]
Doğru, sadece MiFlash ile ROM'un fastboot dosyasını flaş edebilirsiniz. Ve haklısın, SE görüş görmüyorum .. Bir tane bulmaya çalışacağım, bulduğumda bu görüş düzenleyeceğim

DÜZENLEME: Tamam deneyin bu , ama nerede bulduğuna dair kim olduğunu ...
DÜZENLEME 2: İndirme hugeota.d.miui.com adresinden geliyor ... yasal indirme
[/ ALINTI]
dır-dir

Dostum merhaba..cihazım Mİ8 .. Twrp ile baska rom yuklemek istedim.Fakat cihazı bılgısayar abag üstünde sonra twrp ekranına gedım.Sonra astbood modunu sectım yanı 2 ye bastım ve cıhaz twrp yuklemeyı onaykadım.Sonra ekran twrp modund kalmış ve normale donHA GETIREMIYORUM.NE YAPARSAM YAPAYIM YINE TWRP MODUNA GEÇİP KALIYOR ...

Attachments

• IMG20200201224548.jpg
    IMG20200201224548.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,155
This one is doesnt work for me(mi 9t pro), when i press "flash" its take 1 second and give "flashed" but nothing happens phone still looped at fastboot.
But this one if worked for me:

dont forget that u need official fastboot ROM.

if still doesnt work try to pm me via Discord @Skovorodker#8776