Mi 8 asking for password?

banie01

Members
Feb 5, 2019
Hey All,

I recently received a Mi8 and set about updating the Rom from that flashed by the vendor, to the EU 9.1.24 build.
Installed TWRP, and flashed the ROM.
Now however on setting up the device, it goes through the following
1. Add WiFi network
2.Verify Mi account
3.Select Language/Region
4. T & Cs
5. Copy Apps and Data screen
6. Bring Data from Backup/Cloud or Iphone
7 At this point the phone displays a T9 Keyboard but only allows numerical input and requests "Confirm your password"

I've tried wipe and reset, then followed the instructions from this http://en.miui.com/thread-4770288-1-1.html all with no success.
I have disabled 2FA on my google account and I am now at a total loss as how to proceed?

Ok, So we I have no managed to screw up even more and relock the bootloader :/
I have submitted a new unlock request.
In the meantime the phone is now booting to the MiRecovery 3 screen.
I have downloaded MiFlash and MiAssistant, which is the best means/method of getting a rom backbone the phone and getting up and running again?

So I have tried flashing a new ROM via XiaomiADB.
I've originally tried Original Chinese Rom as the handset was supplied from there with bootloader unlocked and flashed.
That failed.
So then tried the latest Global, and the tool completed, gives a successful message but then just boots back into MiRecovery 3.

I'm stumped at this point and any advice or assistance would be very much appreciated and needed ;)
XiaomiADB.pngBXiaomiADB.png
XiaomiADB.png

Attachments

• XiaomiADB2.png
    XiaomiADB2.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 422
So I have attached 2 screenshots from XiaomiADB.
I can get the device to flash in this tool, the only image that will flash is the 10.2.2.0 Global.
The output confirms the server allows this image, and confirms a "successful" flash.
However when the Phone reboots it just loops back to MiRecovery.
I have also tried flashing the latest China Rom, but this fails out as not allowed by server.

Looks like I cant get authorisation for EDL flashing on my Mi account anymore either :/
I'm usually so careful with this stuff too, but my own confidence screwed me over and only compounded my mistake!
Anyone any steer on how I can recover from here if I still have access to MiRecovery and fastboot?
But not bootloader unlocked?
XiaomiADB3.png
XiaomiADB3.png

Attachments

• XiaomiADB4.png
    XiaomiADB4.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 408
I am in the same boat. My Mi8 was working fine until one day it got stuck in the Mi8 recovery mode. I tried to hardreset it and now it is stuck in the 'Confirm your password' prompt with no alphabetical keyboard. I have no idea what password this screen requires since none of my usual passwords are working.

Were you able to find a solution to this problem, @banie01?

Much appreciated. Thanks.

I ended up flashing via EDL to get back to a Chinese ROM.
Just waiting on the bootloader to be unlocked now.

Can you point me to a set of instructions on how to do that? I have not flashed my phone yet and am quite new to this.

And what does it mean by the bootloader has to be unlocked? I had received from phone from China and had never flashed anything on it myself.

Thanks a ton.