Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how I could get the poco theme back? Is there a themes app that I should install/flash? Not really a fan of the miui default ones.

I can't get my battery/wifi icons to go back to the POCO theme. I've tried disabling dark mode and reapplying the theme but they don't change, although the wallpapers do. Is it possible that I messed up my themes app?

Edit: can't forget to thank the community for this awesome rom
View attachment 23685

did somebody tried and succesfully flashed the cepheus TWRP? And if yes, china mi 9 or global mi 9

Successfully dirty flashed it on my mi8 and I like it so far. Thanks to the developers and Ill keep posting how it works . Im not sure but I think that Faceunlock works faster than in the last weekly and I really like the new setting
"stay on lock screen after unlocking".
Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Do I have to uninstall Magisk from "Magisk Manager" before I will dirty flash 9.3.7 from 9.3.1? I've seen somewhere post about uninstallation but I cannot find it anymore.
So, in Magisk Manager after I press uninstall there are two options: Restore Images and Complete Uninstall. I do want to keep my root so I assume the way to save the root is to choose Restore Images? and then flash new release via TWRP ... right?

Guys, I have 8.8.24 on my mi8. Now there is an update in the updater app to 9.3.7... Is it will be ok to update through updater -load to twrp and install just like in first post wrote, or need to update twrp or something to do?

Do I have to uninstall Magisk from "Magisk Manager" before I will dirty flash 9.3.7 from 9.3.1? I've seen somewhere post about uninstallation but I cannot find it anymore.
So, in Magisk Manager after I press uninstall there are two options: Restore Images and Complete Uninstall. I do want to keep my root so I assume the way to save the root is to choose Restore Images? and then flash new release via TWRP ... right?

You don't have to uninstall anything, just dirty flash 9.37 rom and then flash Magisk again, like the first time you installed it. The configuration and the modules (Systemless Hosts, in my case) will still be working after installing Magisk again. This is what I do since I installed the weekly rom and 0 problems.

Reactions: pendrago
You don't have to uninstall anything, just dirty flash 9.37 rom and then flash Magisk again, like the first time you installed it. The configuration and the modules (Systemless Hosts, in my case) will still be working after installing Magisk again. This is what I do since I installed the weekly rom and 0 problems.

So, just flash magisk module after flashing update and it's good to go... great! Thanks a lot!

None of the official ROMs have night mode yet...

It's not enabled by default. Some app must be triggering it for you, as none of our testers can reproduce what you have.

Found the cause of the night mode problem.. is like what you said, triggered by one particular app. The system night/day mode is changed by switching night/day mode of the app itself!

Can I say the developer used the wrong way/coding to switch day/night mode of the app?

FYI, I found this app by freezing ALL apps, and then defrost then one by one (first groups by groups, if problem triggered, one by one).

Thanks again Igor!

Found the cause of the night mode problem.. is like what you said, triggered by one particular app. The system night/day mode is changed by switching night/day mode of the app itself!

Can I say the developer used the wrong way/coding to switch day/night mode of the app?

FYI, I found this app by freezing ALL apps, and then defrost then one by one (first groups by groups, if problem triggered, one by one).

Thanks again Igor!
Cool, which app was the culprit this time?
And yeah, the in-app Night mode switch affecting the global Night mode is stupid, to say the least.

Reactions: Chu hiếu

Hi together,

if you have a special module installed in magisk for your actual installed rom version eg. "smali ..."

then you have to delete / disable this module in magisk before you update your actual rom version .

Otherwise if you install magisk - after updating the rom version - again, it will stock in a bootloop.

Because magisk will enable all old modules after reinstalling.

Regards Kater

Last edited:
I recommend you first do the dirty flash of the ROM only, wait to boot phone (in case something happens) and then, go back to recovery and install Magisk zip again, don't uninstall app or uninstall Magisk from the app, it's better to do it how I said, I do that every update and never had a problem;)

google play use very much battery
Screenshot_2019-03-10-11-55-10-401_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Good Morning, I dont know if Im the only one but I do sometimes loose the WiFi connection with my Mi8 and then I need to push the refresh button several times to get a reconnect. Does someone experience a similiar problem ? Ive seen that issue on 9.2.21 already but didnt experience it on my own.

Question: Is it possible to deinstall some systemapps manually over adb , like for the background carousel ? I just dont need it and would like to save some battery life. Will I get some bug reports then ?

Last edited:
I've got a mi8 (basic version) and did a factory reset. Then installed the latest official global dev version and then made a factory reset once again. Then installed EU rom and finally - no bugs, errors or other troubles - eu ROMs still rock :)

Hi, i have a question: "When i enable stay on lockscreen after face unlock, how notification works? For example in the iphone X i can't see the content of notifications if the phone doesn't recognise me, is the same in this Rom or i can see the content of the notification even if the phone doesn't recognise me?". thanks in advance for your reply.

Last edited:
Question: Is it possible to deinstall some systemapps manually over adb , like for the background carousel ? I just dont need it and would like to save some battery life. Will I get some bug reports then ?

You can freeze/disable the Wallpaper carousel, in Settings/Manage apps.
That should be just as good as uninstalling it.

I have frozen most all built in Mi apps that can be frozen with no problems so far
It is easy to unfreeze them if you need to later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eclipse1991
Status
Not open for further replies.