You installed a development ROM and have
Problems with GPay.
Do you think that's safe ??
Then you delete a system folder and
removed Google Play updates?
Do you think that's safe ??
I think that's just stupid !!

Sorry

Hi guys, I have the same problem. I cleared data on google play service and on Google Pay app but it doesn't works.
Safetynet is passed, but Google Pay doesn't works on my Mi8

Keep having this issue too. Now it's unfixable. I've tried clearing data, cache, removing and adding card. Issue still remains..

Everything fully updated too..

Anyone know if restoring the global rom will work with Google pay? Also where I'd find that?

Reactions: dznybr and Mic87xp1
Hi all
Have the same problem.
Xiaomi Mi8. ROM: 10.2.2.0 PEACNXM (stable). After I changed frimware it immideatly works few weeks without any problems. But yesterday just stop working without any software updates and etc...

Reactions: dznybr and LeBiotic
Keep having this issue too. Now it's unfixable. I've tried clearing data, cache, removing and adding card. Issue still remains..

Everything fully updated too..

Anyone know if restoring the global rom will work with Google pay? Also where I'd find that?

Ithink you will in addition need to relock the bootloader. Paying with a phone unlocked is just a joke.

Hi all
Have the same problem.
Xiaomi Mi8. ROM: 10.2.2.0 PEACNXM (stable). After I changed frimware it immideatly works few weeks without any problems. But yesterday just stop working without any software updates and etc...

try to delete the /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in the TWRP.
After this connect google pay with the paypal app

Hello
Check out forums from Samsung, LG, etc.
No problems with Google Pay.
But a lot of problems with Xiaomi.eu.

There will be a reason why
Google Pay locks the service on this ROM !!

Same issue with unlocked Mi 8 in Australia...working on it and tried every approach for more than 12 hours but not resolved..First thought might be the incompatability between Chinese mobile harware with EU ROM, but even with mainland ROM it does not help.

Hi all
Have the same problem.

GPay stopped working again :(
Options that were described earlier do not help.

Do not want to use magisk. Yet.

I still can't add Paypal to Google Pay and I've tried everything I've found:

- delete data of Google Pay and Google Play Services and reinstalled Google Pay
- delete the /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in the TWRP

I have a MI8 EE (ursa) with xiaomi.eu beta 9.3.14 and I'm not using things like Magisk.
I wouldn't want to reinstall the rom and I'm afraid of relocking the bootloader

Last thing I'd know is to disable the OEM unlocking option in developers settings, but I'm not sure about any problems that might arise.

Maybe some future rom updates can make it work again?

Reactions: LeBiotic
Здравствуйте.Возможно в обновление получится запретить обновляться сервисам Goggle

"If you have Google Pay issue at Android 9.0 devices:
In the TWRP delete folder /data/data/com.google.android.gms"

That solved my problem

Reactions: LeBiotic
works for me:
  1. disable google backup in settings
  2. delete google pay
  3. clear data of Google Play Services
  4. delete /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in the TWRP

Reactions: Heymanster
Google pay works/doesn't work. The problem I have is adding a card for NFR payments. That's when I get the modified and can't add error. It allows my credit card to work, probably because Google likes me buying apps etc online

Edit: tried the solution above again WORKS! I was able to add card and tap pay with gpay. Thanks

Last edited:
works for me:
  1. disable google backup in settings
  2. delete google pay
  3. clear data of Google Play Services
  4. delete /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in the TWRP

This method allowed to add contactless payment for cards in GPay. Will try to check contactless payment in store later

i just wanted to try again, but now i don't see any button to add paypal anymore ?!

Edit: Addding through the paypal app works. Without deleteing /data/data/com.google.android.gms will test payment in shop later today

Last edited:
Reactions: Destronatic
  • disable google backup in settings

• delete google pay

• clear data of Google Play Services

• delete /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in the TWRP
Addding through the paypal app works.

I did it like this and I've added Paypal succesfull via the Paypal App. I guess it's working... for now. I hope it stays now.
And I'll disable auto updates for Google Pay now.