Is there an easy way to select the calling account in telephone app?

Conus

Members
Feb 5, 2019
My Phone has SIM Card and a SIP account. Xiaomi's built-in SIP works great via WLAN even without SIM card. But it's hard to select between accounts for an outgoing call.

In Xiaomi's telephone app I've to go to: Settings->Advanced Settings->Calling accounts->Preferred calling account. Here I can select SIP (VoIP) or SIM account. It's annoying to go this way every time I want to switch between outgoing SIP or SIM calls. Other apps (eg. CSipSimple) ask for calling account before doing outgoing calls.

Is there an easyer way to switch between accounts without fiddling around with the settings?

I found a workaround to circumvent settings for calling account by adding the SIP address to Phone number, eg. <outgoing number>@sipgate.de . This call goes out directly via SIP. But in the telephone app it's not possible to append an address, because numeric keyboard hasn't alphabetic characters. However calls directly out of addressbook are working if SIP account name is appended to phone number.

When I was using SIP telephony (before EU free roaming) I used either Zoiper or Grandstream Wave.

One or both of these apps have "native dialer integration", now I was always using Truecaller also, replacing the built-in dialer, so I don't know how these might work for you.

Reactions: Conus