Invalid [Redmi 4X] I can't access my menu back and home buttons when I change my display size.

RohanDDXX

Members
Mar 22, 2019
I wanted to change my Redmi 4X's Display size to 1080p. I found a way to change it without root from ADB shell. I changed the display size with wm size 1080x1920. It worked. I enjoyed the screen. It was amazing. But then I press on my menu button to close an app, it doesn't work. Then I check my back and home buttons, and they do not work as well. I was very tensed. I changed the screen back to normal (720x1280). The buttons now seem to work. Please help me. I want to keep 1080p size with buttons and everything working. Is there any way??? Help me guys.

Your device's physical display size is 720x1280. Therefore it's pointless to force higher solution. You will get strange issues. In best case display is crippled down to fit in 720x1280 or you get cropped margins or something else. In worst case display driver crashes while try to address non-existent pixels.

Last edited:
I wanted to change my Redmi 4X's Display size to 1080p. I found a way to change it without root from ADB shell. I changed the display size with wm size 1080x1920. It worked. I enjoyed the screen. It was amazing. But then I press on my menu button to close an app, it doesn't work. Then I check my back and home buttons, and they do not work as well. I was very tensed. I changed the screen back to normal (720x1280). The buttons now seem to work. Please help me. I want to keep 1080p size with buttons and everything working. Is there any way??? Help me guys.
You want to tinker with your device - that's your right, but that's also your problem. Don't open ridiculous bug reports like this one.