Resolved Mi8 Pro Fingerprint / Wake from sleep / Unlock Fingerprint Problem

Last edited:
how to disable edge notification? Just installed 9.3.28 and fingerprint sensor not working like in 9.3.21

€: i just found out: if i set "notification when screen is off" to "wake" or to "not wake" it works, only if "show animation" is on, it does not work. and i have AOD disabled
You're not even supposed to have the option for an animation, it is a Mi MIX 3 exclusive feature, so be happy that you have the choice. ;)

Reactions: goran0904
how to disable edge notification? Just installed 9.3.28 and fingerprint sensor not working like in 9.3.21

€: i just found out: if i set "notification when screen is off" to "wake" or to "not wake" it works, only if "show animation" is on, it does not work. and i have AOD disabled
Mi9 have the same issue,and I finally find the solution here.

I confirm that everything is OK with this option now the fingerprint works well with or without AOD!!

Last edited:
Settings -> Lock screen & password, just under "Sleep" setting.

Thank you I find it. Dear @Igor Eisberg do you believe this was the problem at the previous roms between 9.1.17 and 9.3.14 that doesn't work properly?

Also the Night - Dark mode at automatic don't work always stay in white!! It works at mi8 Pro only at always on. Do we know why?? Thank you so much!!

Screenshot_2019-03-31-20-03-26-469_com.android.settings.png

Last edited: