How to return to STOCK ROM Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition?

DarkSilver90

Members
Mar 7, 2019
I am not sure what I did, but, my Mi 8 EE seems to not able to access or use the storage anymore(can't copy or paste anything at all via USB, can't be access in the phone either)...?

I am using https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-10-0-10-1-10-2-stable-release.47170/

I can't get to flash another ROM because my storage seems to be "bugged"(I can't copy another ROM to flash in Recovery).

Fastboot Mode is still working.

Any solution guys? Or, how do I get back to STOCK MIUI 10 ROM?

Please help, thanks!!

I am not sure what I did, but, my Mi 8 EE seems to not able to access or use the storage anymore(can't copy or paste anything at all via USB, can't be access in the phone either)...?

I am using https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-10-0-10-1-10-2-stable-release.47170/

I can't get to flash another ROM because my storage seems to be "bugged"(I can't copy another ROM to flash in Recovery).

Fastboot Mode is still working.

Any solution guys? Or, how do I get back to STOCK MIUI 10 ROM?

Please help, thanks!!

Hi, proceed with the following steps:

1) Download ADB and install it to C:/adb on your PC

2) Download your Custom ROM and move it to your ADB Folder on your PC (C:/adb)

3) Download a functional TWRP image for your phone, move it to your ADB Folder on your PC (C:/adb) and rename it to recovery.img

4) Restart your phone in recovery mode and perform an advanced wipe (Dalvik/ART, Cache, Data, System)

5)Connect your Phone via USB with your PC, go in Fastboot Mode with your phone and start CMD on your PC as admin. Type the following lines and please don't close the CMD window afterwards:

Code:
cd C:/adb/
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot format userdata
fastboot boot recovery.img

6) Your Phone should be in recovery mode now. Go back to your PC in CMD-window and type the following line without quotation marks ("):
Code:
adb push "full name of your custom rom file".zip /sdcard
Please be aware that this transferring procedure can take a longer time (8-12 mins). You won't see any progress bar or percentage. So have patience. When it finished successfully you will see a message like "3399 KB/s (18005544122 bytes in 612s)".

7) Back on your phone in recovery mode check if the Rom file has been transferred to the /sdcard folder. If so go on and install your Rom.

8) Now everything should work

Last edited:
Reactions: Gralfitox
My phone does not install twrp and does not recognize the fastboot format userdata