9.8.8/9/10/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After upgrade 9.8.8 to 9.8.10 ( twrp 3.3.1-35 ) phone bootloop on twrp any idea please ?

edit : and now if i rollback on 9.8.8 same issue stuck on twrp boot and can't change twrp because of permission ( dirty flash dalvik and cache wiped only ) do i need to wipe data/cache/system ?

Fixed : Dangerously downgrade to Pie ( 9.8.1 ) version stuck again on twrp , wipe/format data fixed my issue

Edit : upgraded to 9.8.10 no issue at all .

Last edited:
No Magisk discussion here, this has nothing to do with the ROM.

That's not a bug... what did you expect to happen? App drawer mode uses an entirely different screen layout, so when you switch to it you need to rearrange everything from scratch...
I know that a drawer is a totally different screen layout and it is fine. I expect to remember all the widgets on the screen before selecting app drawer and restore them when you turn the drawer off. It should be possible as the icons are in the original order on the layout. It works for third party drawers.

I know that a drawer is a totally different screen layout and it is fine. I expect to remember all the widgets on the screen before selecting app drawer and restore them when you turn the drawer off. It should be possible as the icons are in the original order on the layout. It works for third party drawers.
I just wanted to show you screens about it but this works now. Maybe, a reboot was needed. Thanks for your support.

I used to have 9.8.8 and I wanted to migrate to 9.8.10 so I tried to upgrade via the updater, but THEN my phone is bootlooping.
I cannot access to the recovery, each time I try to boot into TWRP via fastboot it's bootlooping, only fastboot is working.

Any help ? Or someone experienced this, thank you so much for your replies !

flash back to Stock with Miflash and than beginn with TWRP ...

Reactions: Ilyomix
Yes, it works, but u can't see ur files in twrp for flash, at least u upload the files via abd push

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

after i installed TWRP i format Data, install the rom and setup,
after that i go back to TWRP and i see the System and files

Flashed 2 times 9.8.10 on Mi9, Rom Works Well but some 3rd party apps are not working (my bank app and Samsung wear for my gear S3, but it's maybe because they don't support Android Q yet) but Both times I noticed the same, signed to google account and can't restore from cloud during setup wizard (full wipe both times) , back to 9.8.1 and no issue with restore and my apps. I Will have to wait at least until Samsung will support gear S3

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Dettti
MI9, 9.8.10, keep pop up force stop error, cannot enter the home screen.Have already roll back to 9.8.8.

Hi,
What about the issue with Mi6 and work profile, that causes android.process.media to FC, because security app was not copied to the work profile, like in the past...

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Stock message app crash everytime I try to send a sms, and then once I open it on my k20pro under 9.8.12 :

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.util.ArrayList.size()' on a null object reference
at com.android.mms.transaction.bx.a(Unknown Source:141)
at com.android.mms.transaction.SmsReceiverService.a(Unknown Source:813)
at com.android.mms.transaction.SmsReceiverService.b(Unknown Source:23)
at com.android.mms.transaction.bs.handleMessage(Unknown Source:125)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:233)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)

After 2 hours of apn settings messing (o2 Germany) I finally got mobile data running.
So far it's a great rom.

Update on Monday Mi Note 3, just amazing, thank you for this release.

Hello, don't you have problem with hotspot / WiFi ?
Since I updated my Mi Note 3 (jason) from stable ROM (Android O) to dev version (Android P), I have problem with hotspot and WiFi. I guess I installed 9.7.4 version first, since then I am waiting if an update helps me, but so far, it did not.
Hotspot does not work at all, when I try to turn it on, it says error. WiFi is working strange. When I turn the phone on, the WiFi works - it connects to known network, and works without problem. But when I turn it manually off, I can not turn it back on, just nothing happens. After restart, as I said, the WiFi is on, and it connects to known network.
I uploaded a screen video to see how it looks like:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.