9.8.22 location history mi 9

Hi,
I have just upgraded to Android 10 Xiaomi.eu for Mi9 but found this problem which is clearly blocking for me, I don't know if this is a MIUI / Xiaomi.eu or Google problem but I will now have to downgrade since I'm using a lot Google Location History, I have tried to reinstall 9.8.1 but had an infinite boot to Android then automatic reboot to recovery :/

How can I downgrade to 9.8.1 please is there a specific procedure ?
Thanks !

Regards,

Laurent

Last edited:
Mi9 Se. Location History is On. But no stored places in history line since update to 9.8.15
Edit. After downgrade to 9.8.9 Google maps history working fine!

Edit: after reflash 9.8.28 and 9.9.3 working again.

Can you explain what you did to get this working again a little more detailed?

Downgrade to to 9.8.9
Is Reflash to 9.9.6 working as well?

Problem seems to bei solved! After upgrade to 9.9.26, location sharing ist working on my MI9 again. I had to go into Google settings and activate the device, after that it worked.

I still doesn't work for me. How did you get it enabled? When I look at the permissions for the Google Location Service I can see that Location permission is denied, but I can't allow it.
When I tab on it, it opens Google Account / Location History where it indicates that Location History is enabled. But in Maps it still says Location History is off and no data is send to https://www.google.com/maps/timeline
So obviously Location History isn't enabled on the phone.
Screenshot_2019-09-27-17-14-43-212_com.google.android.permissioncontroller.jpgScreenshot_2019-09-27-17-14-58-812_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpgScreenshot_2019-09-27-17-06-17-439_com.google.android.gms.jpg

Last edited:
I still doesn't work for me. How did you get it enabled? When I look at the permissions for the Google Location Service I can see that Location permission is denied, but I can't allow it.
When I tab on it, it opens Google Account / Location History where it indicates that Location History is enabled. But in Maps it still says Location History is off and no data is send to https://www.google.com/maps/timeline
So obviously Location History isn't enabled on the phone.
View attachment 26251View attachment 26250View attachment 26249
Unfortunately it is not working. I have the same problem. After last update I can turn location history on but its not working.

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Fixed in 9.9.26
How come?
I installed it too, I have the location sharing which haven't before. Location history can be move to on on this version but nothing saved.

Can you upload a print screen?

If it surely does, I don't care to make a re-clean install.

Fixed in 9.9.26
Hi Inbrzy. Not working on my mi 9. I can easily turn location history rom but nothing is saved. SS attached. I have also checked if Google maps have location permission and its always on. Sharing location working fine in this rom.
I haven't updated system to current version by dirty flash. I can try clean install but please confirm if it will help because there is no other reason to do this. Everything else works really well.

Thanks for your support.
M

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka
085801ce815e74d5b78111cd744a4a0d.jpg
ea712de7901fa95fb8c1ee708ac70ee5.jpg

Then we have to wait for official gapps for Android Q..

Yes it is just installed in TWRP.
I have just installed the mini-version on my Mi9, and it seems to work now (still waiting for https://www.google.com/maps/timeline to update)
I'm now able to select my device under Google Account / Location History (my Mi9 device wasn't on the list before), and that allows Location permission for Google Location History app, and when I go to Settings in Maps it now says "Location History is on".
Screenshot_2019-09-30-16-09-29-521_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpgScreenshot_2019-09-30-16-09-10-924_com.google.android.permissioncontroller.jpg

Yes it is just installed in TWRP.
I have just installed the mini-version on my Mi9, and it seems to work now (still waiting for https://www.google.com/maps/timeline to update)
I'm now able to select my device under Google Account / Location History (my Mi9 device wasn't on the list before), and that allows Location permission for Google Location History app, and when I go to Settings in Maps it now says "Location History is on".
View attachment 26330View attachment 26331
Hi
This we had before with the new rom itself.

The big question is if the history is restored.
- what do you mean with "mini version"?

Hi
This we had before with the new rom itself.

The big question is if the history is restored.
- what do you mean with "mini version"?
Well I didn't have that on my Mi9 with 9.9.26 before i flashed Open Gapps. You can see that from the screenshots I've posted in post #34 in this thread.
Open Gapps comes in many different versions as you can see from the link I posted in post #44. I installed the mini version, which includes Google Maps.

Well I didn't have that on my Mi9 with 9.9.26 before i flashed Open Gapps. You can see that from the screenshots I've posted in post #34 in this thread.
Open Gapps comes in many different versions as you can see from the link I posted in post #44. I installed the mini version, which includes Google Maps.

Is it recording your location history?