9.8.29/9.9.3/9.9.6 - Last MIUI 10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having issues downloading files from Google Chrome? They act like they download successfully but never get saved. I've tried manually setting the download location but when I tap the option it just shows me Downloads as the only option with no way to change it.

Downloads worked fine previously on latest MIUI Global Stable ROM.
No, 0 problems

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: einsteinx2
Anyone else having issues downloading files from Google Chrome? They act like they download successfully but never get saved. I've tried manually setting the download location but when I tap the option it just shows me Downloads as the only option with no way to change it.

Downloads worked fine previously on latest MIUI Global Stable ROM.

EDIT: Also one other small thing I noticed, but it seems like the Camera's internal stabilization was working for a 4k 60fps video I took the other day, but today I took another one and it doesn't seem to be working now (though it never worked with 60fps in the latest MIUI Global Stable ROM). However, on the plus side, stabilization is working and saving correctly in Google Photos for 4k 60fps videos whereas it would work but fail to save on any 60fps video I tried in the Global ROM (1080p and 4k). I haven't had this phone very long so I don't know how well that option actually works anyway, so maybe it is working and it just happened to work better with that particular video the other day, it's hard to say since I haven't taken many videos yet.
No problems on K20 Pro..

Enviado do meu Redmi K20 Pro através do Tapatalk

Reactions: einsteinx2
Weird, not sure why it's working for me. I noticed I also have the "Ask where to save files" option turned on but it never asks me, it just starts downloading.

EDIT: Ahh actually I think I figured it out. It must be some kind of security thing... I just downloaded a 50mb test zip file from a website and it saved perfectly fine. Previously I was trying to download apk files. So I have a feeling Chrome or some Xiaomi security thing was deleting the apk files after downloading them... Regular files seem to work fine.

Weird, not sure why it's working for me. I noticed I also have the "Ask where to save files" option turned on but it never asks me, it just starts downloading.

EDIT: Ahh actually I think I figured it out. It must be some kind of security thing... I just downloaded a 50mb test zip file from a website and it saved perfectly fine. Previously I was trying to download apk files. So I have a feeling Chrome or some Xiaomi security thing was deleting the apk files after downloading them... Regular files seem to work fine.
Check in Android/data/com.android.chrome/files/Download
I had the same issue and all apks were there. Not sure why it's happening only on MIUI Android 10.

Check in Android/data/com.android.chrome/files/Download
I had the same issue and all apks were there. Not sure why it's happening only on MIUI Android 10.
That was it! I checked and all three of the previous files I had downloaded that were missing are there! One is an apk, the other is a twrp img, and the last one is a .win.sha2 file from a twrp backup. Super strange it put these files there, but when I downloaded a test zip file from some site for testing bandwidth and it saved in the normal Download directory.

Oh well, at least I know where to find them now if I download an apk. Thanks!

So really weird, but for whatever reason, I just downloaded the Fdroid APK and it worked perfectly. Chrome downloaded it to the normal Downloads folder, prompted me to allow APK install permissions, and then I could tap the apk in Chrome's download list and install it. No idea why it worked differently before.

hi there,
does the installation procedure for xiaomi.eu differ if I am coming from Pixel Experience (unlocked Mi8)?
Should I really NOT wipe system as stated in the instructions?

hi there,
does the installation procedure for xiaomi.eu differ if I am coming from Pixel Experience (unlocked Mi8)?
Should I really NOT wipe system as stated in the instructions?
You need wipe system and Data before install new EU rom.

Gửi từ MI 9 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

lo siento, me acabo de registrar en este foro y formulé una pregunta, pero parece que lo eliminaron. ¿Puedes decirme que pasa? Solo quiero que alguien me guíe. Repito que acabo de ingresar porque compré un mi9 y lo he desbloqueado hoy espero sus noticias saludos
But questions are only English or similar (I come from Chile if you need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.