New Mi 8: No Network 9.11.14

Thommy

Members
Aug 4, 2018
After installing the 9.11.14 I have no network on both SIM cards. Both SIM cards are Vodafone. Even when searching manually for a network, none will be found.

Edit: I'm back at 9.11.7 and everything works again. It is a problem in the ROM

Screenshot_2019-11-15-12-13-07-345_com.android.phone.jpgIMG_20191115_115716.jpgScreenshot_2019-11-15-12-13-07-345_com.android.phone.jpg

Last edited:
For me, the issue occured when I made my first call after updating via OTA. I got 2 SIMs. Both are dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Thommy
Looks like SIM cards from Vodafone are affected. I have Otelo (Vodafone) and 1 & 1 (Vodafone).

Can not test, unfortunately, it is due to dual. Have already installed the 9.11.7 again.

If the problem appear for the first time then it doesn't have to do with how many sim cards we have, I tried after the first time that appears the problem to leave my device with only one sim card and the problem appeared again. Now I return to 9.11.7 and I don't have any problem with sim cards

It doesn't have to do with dual sim. As long you don't call, everything works ok. If you call, you cannot end normally the call and you loose network

Looks like SIM cards from Vodafone are affected. I have Otelo (Vodafone) and 1 & 1 (Vodafone).

Can not test, unfortunately, it is due to dual. Have already installed the 9.11.7 again.
Same problem here 1&1 no network. Only short after reboot

Reactions: Thommy
New problem after go back to the old version. If I like to take a phone call from contact I get FC....

Same problem with me too, after returning to 9.11.7. Install the Google Contacts from the Playstore. That's working

New problem after go back to the old version. If I like to take a phone call from contact I get FC....
What I did to solve this problem is after revert back to 9.11.7 to reboot once more time to TWRP Recovery, TWRP Recovery >> Advanced >> File Manager and find the folder /data/system/package_cache and delete any folder that you will find in there, after that you will see that now everything works as it should.

This solution I find it at Greek forum of Xiaomi

Reactions: Renek74
What I did to solve this problem is after revert back to 9.11.7 to reboot once more time to TWRP Recovery, TWRP Recovery >> Advanced >> File Manager and find the folder /data/system/package_cache and delete any folder that you will find in there, after that you will see that now everything works as it should.

When we wipe cache in recovery mode before a dirty/clean flash, does it actually deletes everything in /data/system/package_cache?

When we wipe cache in recovery mode before a dirty/clean flash, does it actually deletes everything in /data/system/package_cache?
I really don't know, but when i wipe cache in recovery the specific problem didn't solved, and solved only when i delete the files on specific folder that mentioned before

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

...thanks tried and now it works. Good work arround. But Devs must be fix the Sim card problem soon....

What will happen to my saved data (Pictures, contacts, musik etc.)
Do i will lose it?