Mi 8SE Recovery disappeared

Henning

Members
Oct 30, 2013
Hi,
I have an Mi 8SE here which is properly unlocked and was working quite well with the Xiaomi.eu Roms for a while. The owner decided at some stage to switch to the the stable branch and in the way of doing so he kicked out the TWRP recovery. Phone is starting normally but some of the apps behave strangely. In order to sort that out I found that he managed to make TWRP disappear, it seems.
I tried now with various variants of TWRP and Pitchblack but the only result is that mostly nothing happens after the reboot command

cf97ccc6
henning@meister
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes sending 'recovery' (27724 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.118s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.145s]
finished. total time: 1.264s
henning@meister ~/Downloads $ fastboot boot twrp.img downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.139s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.092s]
finished. total time: 1.232s
henning@meister ~/Downloads $
Unquote

Either I end up with a blackscreen with "MI / mi.com" or it boots back to Fastboot

Any idea anybody ?

Tks

Hi,
I have an Mi 8SE here which is properly unlocked and was working quite well with the Xiaomi.eu Roms for a while. The owner decided at some stage to switch to the the stable branch and in the way of doing so he kicked out the TWRP recovery. Phone is starting normally but some of the apps behave strangely. In order to sort that out I found that he managed to make TWRP disappear, it seems.
I tried now with various variants of TWRP and Pitchblack but the only result is that mostly nothing happens after the reboot command

cf97ccc6
henning@meister
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes sending 'recovery' (27724 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.118s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.145s]
finished. total time: 1.264s
henning@meister ~/Downloads $ fastboot boot twrp.img downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.139s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.092s]
finished. total time: 1.232s
henning@meister ~/Downloads $
Unquote

Either I end up with a blackscreen with "MI / mi.com" or it boots back to Fastboot

Any idea anybody ?

Tks
- miflash and fastboot rom in order to reset the phone.

Hi,
tks, but this works only on a windows PC ............ I use Linux & Mac only

Hi,
been there , done that....... that did not help. Same as before : copied successfull it says, reboot into recovery fails. Either by going straight back to Fastboot or direct to the system or black screen