MIUI 11.2 20.1.2/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi9 01.04 ROM and previous 12.19 still has terrible battery stats..
Today has 20% battery drain in the night. 20!!!%... Wifi off, data off, NFC off, BT on...

Daytime using also has terrible battery. I dont use the phone, just lay it on the desk, and I see on the AOD that the battery meter going down for NOTHING. Wifi still off, mobile data still off...

Everyone has same issue? Im thinking about change ROM to other...
It looks like Mi9 devices are affected with that. I can confirm since Android 10 ROMs I have terrible battery life. There is something fishy going on with google play service abusing battery to get phone location.
Try to switch off location service and see if it improves. I know it is not really a solution to kill feature smartphone was designed for.

See my findings under following post:

Another bug. The camera keeps freeze closing. For me this rom is definitely no go at the moment.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: fmanzottikd
Ok thanks. If I install the weekly, when the stable will be ready, the installation process is always the same? Sorry but I am new in flashing roms.

Inviato dal mio MI CC 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

I will never go back to stable ROM, I'm happy with weekly ROM updates! And to me, going from latest weekly to latest stable version will always be a sad downgrade experience... ;)

It looks like Mi9 devices are affected with that. I can confirm since Android 10 ROMs I have terrible battery life. Try to switch off location service and see if it improves. I know it is not really solution to kill feature smartphone was designed for.

I checked battery stats, and for me the cell standby eat a lot of during the night. Older ROM has better battery performance, so I dont think the carrier has built down a signal tower ..

Location service = GPS?!

I checked battery stats, and for me the cell standby eat a lot of during the night. Older ROM has better battery performance, so I dont think the carrier has built down a signal tower ..

Location service = GPS?!

Yes. Just try to switch it off from quick access tiles menu on the top.
Try 3rd party tools like betterbatterystats or GSAM battery monitor. It will give you more detailed statistics about what is really eating your battery.

Reactions: LOLO9393
I don't know what you mean but I did pay them. I bought all my phones, all Xiaomi and all flagship.

What is your point? My response was for someone saying his mobile is still in pie...
Same meaning. Pie is working well? what the heck?
Outstanding phone, they want to be sure to have the 5G validated without bug.

I will never go back to stable ROM, I'm happy with weekly ROM updates! And to me, going from latest weekly to latest stable version will always be a sad downgrade experience... ;)
When I am on weekly, when I make a new weekly update, I have always to do format data?

Inviato dal mio MI CC 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Is anyone else experiencing issues with this rom and Android Auto? My maps are constantly freezing, requiring me to switch back and forth in and out of the map display to get an update to GPS location. I've noticed that Spotify information doesn't update on its own either, the same process as with the maps, have to change screens and go back in to get an update.

The phone also totally locks up sometimes requiring a hard reboot after disconnecting from Android auto too.

I've tried a complete factory reset, no fix. Complete wipe and clean rom install no fix.

Mi9
Same behaviour here with AA/Waze/Spotify on Mi9.

Also Whatsapp doesn't show Location Permission "Always" anymore since last release (only "when using app"). Reinstalling Whatsapp didn't help.

BTW is it my hands or there is some bug with image orientaion on Mi9? My phone doesn't want switch to landscape orientation any way.

Do you just believe that you format data or did you do it?
No. I did this. ) And I believe that this helped me.

Gplay has Storage permission ?

Or just slow as f**k while downloading?

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

No. Storage permissions was OK. IDK how but it was fixed by itself.
And this looked like I tapped on install app button in GP, and nothing happened only error that "something is wrong, try later" appeared.

Location service = GPS?!
Location service from Google point of view is everything that check, record and report your position.
It can be done via network if you don't deny in setup.

Coming back to battery drain, I have noticed some very strange behavior:
Phone at desk, the drain slope can, without any reason, move from 0.5 %/h to 1.8 %/h.
At night 0.5%/h is standard but must be in 0.2% range.
Google integration into Android 10 MIUI rom is not dry (like a low quality paint!). It has no prime importance for chinese.

Last edited:
Mi9 01.04 ROM and previous 12.19 still has terrible battery stats..
Today has 20% battery drain in the night. 20!!!%... Wifi off, data off, NFC off, BT on...

Daytime using also has terrible battery. I dont use the phone, just lay it on the desk, and I see on the AOD that the battery meter going down for NOTHING. Wifi still off, mobile data still off...

Everyone has same issue? Im thinking about change ROM to other...
I'm facing the same battery drain issue here on my Mi9, I'm thinking to use the Debloat script shared here...

It looks like Mi9 devices are affected with that. I can confirm since Android 10 ROMs I have terrible battery life. Try to switch off location service and see if it improves. I know it is not really solution to kill feature smartphone was designed for.

I checked battery stats, and for me the cell standby eat a lot of during the night. Older ROM has better battery performance, so I dont think sthe carrier has built down a signal tower ..

Location service = GPS?!
Yes. Just try to switch it off from quick access tiles menu on the top.
Try 3rd party tools like betterbatterystats or GSAM battery monitor. It will give you more detailed statistics about what is really eating your battery.

Ok I try.. thanks

I waiting for weekend update for Mi9 dev, but after that, if it has continously battery drain, I will try REVOS Miui.. Users said it has better performance than other ROM-s, and still based on china dev.

either it was a very very short night or you have switched the phone off. lol
7hrs, airplane mode.
Before the script and Magisk Universal GMS Doze module I was having 10% - 13% overnight battery drain with same settings.
Now it's 0% - 1% in total not hourly.

I don't know what you mean but I did pay them. I bought all my phones, all Xiaomi and all flagship.

1. Learn the difference between "pay" and "pray". In short: the first one works, the second doesn't.
2. You did CERTAINLY not pay the EU ROM developers (you should, though, using PayPal). They get ZERO money when you buy a phone from Xiaomi, but do all their work for free as a gift to the community - better be grateful for what you get, and don't demand anything! Think of the question "What do I do for the community for free?"

Is it mandatory or recommended to do the "format data"? I'm not going to put everything right, I have too many apps

• Haha
Is it mandatory or recommended to do the "format data"? I'm not going to put everything right, I have too many apps

I'm affraid this is mandatory. In my case I even got read only internal storage partition without that. (

no its not... every week i only use dirty flash...meaning no apps or files being deleted...no format data

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition using Tapatalk

no its not... every week i only use dirty flash...meaning no apps or files being deleted...no format data

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition using Tapatalk
I do the same thing, but here it is about updating an Android 10 and I would like to understand also in this case I can make it dirty or I am forced to delete everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.