New Mi9 - Widevine

In DRM Info, the fingerprint of my device is
Xiaomi/cepheus/cepheus:10/QKQ1.190825.002/V11.0.3.0.QFAMIXM:user/release-keys

I guess only devices in EU(EEA) got L1, not devices with MI(global).

Sent from my MI 9 (Cepheus) using Tapatalk

Nope, that's wrong you should have Widevine L1. ;)

This patch is for mi-9t. As far as I remember, that patch deletes a file on mi-9t, which does not exist on our mi9. Unfortunately won't enjoy HD yet :(

Btw guys, you should always state about which version of mi9 your are talking about (aka which one do you have).

I have the 8/256 mi9 version and as far as I know, nobody has ever seen this device having L1. On the standard/classic/EU mi9 version (6/64, 6/128) some users have L1 and some do not.

For now, the case is still not solved :(

cheers and thx for input guys
Mine is 6/128 and I got L1. Got it after doing factory reset/format data.

I had no luck. I don't have any module that causes Widevine level to change, so uninstalling them had no effect. With no modules I still have L3. Algo without magisk.
Did you hide Magisk from Netflix in the manager like so?

Nope, that's wrong you should have Widevine L1. ;)
I don't think my device had L1 out of the box. The Mi 9 variant I am using is the one that has the model number M1902F1G and had a stock global firmware coded as PFAMIXM, not PFAEUXM which was meant for the European market.

I even went as far as fastboot flashing back to the stock version of V10.2.9.0.PFAMIXM that was released around April 2019, and locked the bootloader just to see whether I could get L1. But still no go.

Today I flashed the Widevine L1 patch but still L3. From the recovery.log, I found that the script tries to mount /vendor using busybox, which, by the way, was not included and not available in the Mi 9. This is a partial output of the log file:
---
Mounting filesystems...
run_program: execv failed: No such file or directory
run_program: child exited with status 1
about to run program [/sbin/busybox] with 3 args
Removing files...
run_program: execv failed: No such file or directory
run_program: child exited with status 1
---

So in TWRP, I had to mount /vendor, copy over both the liboemcrypto.so files to the relevant directories and chmod both files to 0644. Widevine still at L3.

It's still OK as long as I can watch Netflix even if it's in SD.

Below are the screenshots of my device info and DRM info.

Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-48-05-794_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-50-30-963_com.android.settings.jpg

I've got L1 at the end. But Netflix shows black screen. Movies and serials got sound, but all content with black screen. If I uninstall, image come backs again. If I install windevine patch back screen on Netflix. I come back to L3 again. Maybe patch needs to be better.
Mi 9 lite. Weekly ROM 20.1.21 v3

I've got L1 at the end. But Netflix shows black screen. Movies and serials got sound, but all content with black screen. If I uninstall, image come backs again. If I install windevine patch back screen on Netflix. I come back to L3 again. Maybe patch needs to be better.
Mi 9 lite. Weekly ROM 20.1.21 v3
Something is missing/bugged inside Mi 9 lite ROM. FYI this black screen issue with Widevine L1 was fixed for Mi 9T Pro/Mi 9 devices in 20.1.16 weekly update.
;)