MIUI 11.2 20.1.16/21 v3

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little doubt? Which is better stable or weekly?

I'm using the latest weekly build released

I use an Mi Max 3

I dont have your device, so I could not tell you anything about the Mi Max 3. However, in general and for my device, the beta is usually always the best...by far!

Ignore the negative comments from the entitled people who posted above and will very likely end up getting banned forever from this site. Bottom-line, If you are fine with and even expect occasional bugs, but absolutely want the bleeding edge version of the OS then use the beta based build. If you are wanting consistency, then use the stable build, or find a beta that works for you and stick with it.

Reactions: leoalwkrd
I dont have your device, so I could not tell you anything about the Mi Max 3. However, in general and for my device, the beta is usually always the best...by far!

Ignore the negative comments from the entitled people who posted above and will very likely end up getting banned forever from this site. Bottom-line, If you are fine with and even expect occasional bugs, but absolutely want the bleeding edge version of the OS then use the beta based build. If you are wanting consistency, then use the stable build, or find a beta that works for you and stick with it.
I'm using the weekly builds since my second month with Mi max 3 and that's more than a year ago, I never had problems with the weekly Betas, except for the Android 9 update to the 10 that I expected more concistent builds, the betas in general never let me down, I love the suit and the community support. The performance difference was huge compared to the Beta x Stable Global I used.

I think I'll stay at Beta anyway, it's great.

Thanks for responding!

I'm using the weekly builds since my second month with Mi max 3 and that's more than a year ago, I never had problems with the weekly Betas, except for the Android 9 update to the 10 that I expected more concistent builds, the betas in general never let me down, I love the suit and the community support. The performance difference was huge compared to the Beta x Stable Global I used.

I think I'll stay at Beta anyway, it's great.

Thanks for responding!

Your device is approaching 2 years old now, I would expect more and more of these errors especially on bleeding edge roms as it has been depreciated is and increasingly less supported. You should at the bare minimum be doing clean installs between major OS upgrades, like 9 to 10, and not simple updates unless you enjoy bloat and a terrible battery life.

Reactions: leoalwkrd
good morning,
i'm on EEA miui 11.0.6 with unlocked boot loader and root.
Can i install miui.eu rom from twrp without format data? What are the right installation steps?
Thanks for help

good morning,
Can i install miui.eu rom from twrp without format data? What are the right installation steps?
Thanks for help
No you can't. And installation steps are in first post.

Reactions: Ginos
good morning,
Thanks for help
You need to format,when i switched over i factory reset then format data(type yes) then flashed rom,wipe cache and dalvik then reboot, enjoy.back anything important up first

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ginos

Hey, got this strange bug under Gboard where there is a lot of blank space. Somebody knows how to solve it? Thanks in advance guys

What is your device? Do you have full screen gesture turned on? I can't seem to reproduce it in my Mi 9 (Cepheus).

Sent from my MI 9 (Cepheus) using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks for your quick reply.
My device is a Mi9 6/64, running the latest xiaomi.eu developer ROM.
I use the full screen gestures. I did a flash clean yesterday but never had this issue before with any other rom. I suspect it's something setting related but I am not able to find any setting to disable or change this thing.

Hey, thanks for your quick reply.
My device is a Mi9 6/64, running the latest xiaomi.eu developer ROM.
I use the full screen gestures. I did a flash clean yesterday but never had this issue before with any other rom. I suspect it's something setting related but I am not able to find any setting to disable or change this thing.
Try this, enable floating keyboard from within Gboard's settings, then disable it.

See if the extra space is hidden.

Try this, enable floating keyboard from within Gboard's settings, then disable it.

See if the extra space is hidden.

I just tried, the blank space is still there :( will try with a new keyboard app to see if the problem still persists.

I just tried, the blank space is still there :( will try with a new keyboard app to see if the problem still persists.
Did you clean or dirty flash this latest update? Have you tried clearing app data for Gboard?

Did you clean or dirty flash this latest update? Have you tried clearing app data for Gboard?

Clean flash, already tried deleting data app for gboard but to no avail! I'll stick with SwiftKey for now i guess, that blank space bug really annoys me eheh

Good rom i see, on my mi 9.
For now the only bug is a grey bar on the notification bar that appears when apps open.

Sadly I've spoken too soon.
This morning the phone was unusable. When try to open an app it get a black screen and stucks on it...
Reboot but not solved the issue.
Tried to wipe dalvik and cache and everything turned on normality.
I'm afraid of this bug..

Last edited:
Good rom i see, on my mi 9.
For now the only bug is a grey bar on the notification bar that appears when apps open.

Sadly I've spoken too soon.
This morning the phone was unusable. When try to open an app it get a black screen and stucks on it...
Reboot but not solved the issue.
Tried to wipe dalvik and cache and everything turned on normality.
I'm afraid of this bug..
Try clearing app data/reinstall on that app.

Sent from MI 9, Cepheus

Reinstall all the apps or wipe data? Do think this would solve also the grey bar problem?
Grey bar isn't related to, general bug of miui currently.
Try firstly with one troubling app that crashes to clear data, if doesn't help reinstall. I personally haven't had any issues regarding app crashes.

Sent from MI 9, Cepheus

Status
Not open for further replies.