Android 8.1 or 9

GianlukITA

Members
Apr 30, 2019
Is it going to be any android update to our beloved scorpio phone to 8.1 or even 9 pie with stock miui ??? It's stuck on 8.0 since always xD

Reactions: Valko67
I hardly think so, would not be surprised by an "EOL" announcement from Xiaomi any time now.

What might be holding Xiaomi back is that the Note 2 is closely related to the Mix1 as to firmware, and I think Xiaomi does not want to declare "EOL" for the Mix1 anytime soon for marketing reasons.

Mix1 was Xiaomis designer "Concept phone", you can't just "EOL" something like that.

Effective EOL is hardly a problem, Note 2 is working fine for me as is, there's not much I would want to change in it that does not imply better hardware - a better screen, stereo speakers, etc.

I hardly think so, would not be surprised by an "EOL" announcement from Xiaomi any time now.

What might be holding Xiaomi back is that the Note 2 is closely related to the Mix1 as to firmware, and I think Xiaomi does not want to declare "EOL" for the Mix1 anytime soon for marketing reasons.

Mix1 was Xiaomis designer "Concept phone", you can't just "EOL" something like that.

Effective EOL is hardly a problem, Note 2 is working fine for me as is, there's not much I would want to change in it that does not imply better hardware - a better screen, stereo speakers, etc.
I'm fine with my Note 2 as it is too xD was just wondering how it would perform along with Pie.
Anyway isn't there a mod to enable stereo speakers on mi note 2 ??

I'm fine with my Note 2 as it is too xD was just wondering how it would perform along with Pie.
Anyway isn't there a mod to enable stereo speakers on mi note 2 ??

Have heard of a mod to use earpiece speaker as second speaker for some other device, can't recall which.

I think there were two problems with that - the earpiece speaker was not intended to play music - sound not very good, and too high volume can ruin it.

I use a good BT speaker when I want to listen to something at home, or when travelling use my Razer Phone which has true stereo speakers.

Is it going to be any android update to our beloved scorpio phone to 8.1 or even 9 pie with stock miui ??? It's stuck on 8.0 since always xD
So true @GianlukITA looks they forgotten us here and anywhere else to ,and this note2 have more potential than a lot of what Xiaomi put intrue the market since than, it is still a phone full of potential but ,but yes still stuck on this bloody ******* Oreo 8.0 since stones age hello owner dearest and best development guy of all time Mr , https://xiaomi.eu/community/members/ingbrzy.55523/ could you do us favour please, I ask U ,....please make this note 2 move on to the next level, I am not the only one would appreciate this very much and be so thankfull , I would be ready for contribution

So true @GianlukITA looks they forgotten us here and anywhere else to ,and this note2 have more potential than a lot of what Xiaomi put intrue the market since than, it is still a phone full of potential but ,but yes still stuck on this bloody ******* Oreo 8.0 since stones age hello owner dearest and best development guy of all time Mr , https://xiaomi.eu/community/members/ingbrzy.55523/ could you do us favour please, I ask U ,....please make this note 2 move on to the next level, I am not the only one would appreciate this very much and be so thankfull , I would be ready for contribution

Scorpio is EOL with Xiaomi and thus also with Xiaomi.eu since last fall, in case you missed that.

There is a dev on XDA that has recently revived PixelExperience for Scorpio on Android 10.
I haven't tried it.

Scorpio is EOL with Xiaomi and thus also with Xiaomi.eu since last fall, in case you missed that.

There is a dev on XDA that has recently revived PixelExperience for Scorpio on Android 10.
I haven't tried it.

Yes I seen it ,but I ain't trying it yet, I wonder how battery life behaving with that rom , may be to try , if there nothing coming from miui , thank you for the suggestion , have good night

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk