MIUI 11.2 20.2.27

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone facing reboot issue while connecting wifi networks? Somtetimes it reboots 2-3 times while connecting some wifi networks.

Hi,
I recently installed the 2020.2.27 on raphael / Mi 9T Pro and found some bugs or missing features after installation:
1. After Installation the saved WiFi networks are missing
2. VPN via Cisco AnyConnect connects VPN, but it doesn't effectively work (tested on several browsers)
3. We don't have to report, but some of my outlook contact photos in my inbox are negative, others are correct in dark mode :D
4. the last weeks "New - New gestures of recents, switching between apps (using the bar at the bottom of the screen - by dragging it left or right) and closing app" is missing again. It was a great feature which worked perfectly.

I've also opened a bug thread for these findings.
BR,
tt2g89

If you do it like this, I guess your phone is not rooted. You can check and change build.prop for example with kernel adiutor. There are two lines called ro.build.version.security_patch (for me with Mi 9 it's 2019-11-01) and ro.build.version.security_patch_real (2020-01-01). I tried to change it, but it changes back.

Someone replied with the link to the post where devs explain why is this the case. The first line is set by the devs to an older date to pass SafetyNet check. The second one, "real", was created by them to be used by the system and displayed to the user. Unfortunately, many applications (like VMware Intelligetn Hub) check the first one and tell you "Update or GTFO". My phone GTFO'd :/

Hello,

Security patch date info is inside "build.prop" file in /System partition (and /Vendor partition too but don't need to modify this one).

Can you send a screenshot of "DRM Info" app? Need to check the fingerprint build info.

Uploaded here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Does it tell you anything?

I'm not sure where is stored or how it verifies the security patch date..

But as someone state above there's two places where the security patch it's displayed, on settings "Security status" and "Password & security -> Privacy" and both don't match in the date of the patch. I had the same problem on my Mi 9...

So maybe that's why your company sees an older patch date

You are right! I didn't realize I can see both from my options menu, without specific apps. It does say 2020-01-01 on the first one and 2019-11-01 in Privacy menu :/ Now I know why I'm being blocked... I hope devs sync these two values soon.

Hi

Read explanation given here:

- not rooted you can modify the date via TWRP explorer.

Thank you for the info! I read the thread and the explanation from the devs. Hopefully I'll be able to modify the date as it seems they are happy to keep the old patch information sticky, which just breaks things for me.

Reactions: Tesla_42
Does it tell you anything?

You are right! I didn't realize I can see both from my options menu, without specific apps. It does say 2020-01-01 on the first one and 2019-11-01 in Privacy menu :/ Now I know why I'm being blocked... I hope devs sync these two values soon.
Okay, sadly you don't have Widevine L1 (loose it when flashing persist.img file I think...).
If you need december, 2019 security patch date info, you will also need to edit fingerprint build info.
Mi 9 official Global ROM doesn't get 2020 security patch yet.
Send me, via MP, your "/system/build.prop" file and I will edit it (SafetyNet should be ok ^^).

Dirty flashed on Mi Note 10, battery draining fast. Battery usage showed Screen usage 51%
Flashed back to 20.2.20
Screen usage 34%

Other than the battery drain, everything seemed fine. I'll clean flash tomorrow to see if it helps. Not enough time today

On MiMix2s missing too. Only from "Search..."
In 20.2.20-v2 missing.
Last working in 20.1.21 v3.

From Magisk SafetyNet Check status - Succsess. MiMix2s.
VPN seen on my mix2s.
ecfbcb9f60d361d71d6733176cca3d2a.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Hi guys
In the last builds i have some problems whit my Mi 8 SE in the calls..
Thanks for your work

after long waiting for Redmi note 8 .its almost perfect thank u guyz u did amazing work .still one problem and its not about ur rom the headphone sound still low is there any way to increase the volume steps.thx again

is there any way to install the rom via fastboot? my cell phone and a mi 8 and is having trouble getting into recovery.

Hi there,

On MI9 SE update is fine. Have to flash TWRP with this version to root again.

MI9 SE TWRP

Evreything is fine (thanks to xiaomi.eu ^^) but still have massive battery drain....20% in 2 hours (without doing anything SIC)!

Regards

Reactions: fatjoez
Very good update!
So far no problems.
Home screen problem is fixed on Mi CC9/9lite

New:
The wifi frequency is now displayed in the info bar.
WiFi and LTE data throughput is much better.
Security patch level is now February 2020!
Thanks for the hard work
this version can be described as stable!
20e20c646943a8ba0687239095027994.jpg
Not for me, same problem with this release
Blank Icons on home screen after lock screen

hello , here we are again.
twrp 3.3.1-105 MI MIX 3
when i select to update , it boot in twrp but everything is encrypted.

is there any new version of twrp ?
had this issuein past .

thank you

Hi there,

On MI9 SE update is fine. Have to flash TWRP with this version to root again.

MI9 SE TWRP

Evreything is fine (thanks to xiaomi.eu ^^) but still have massive battery drain....20% in 2 hours (without doing anything SIC)!

Regards
I had before version 19.12
This version for me also has high battery drain

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

I got exactly the same issue on Mi 9 Pro, I tried to install Magisk 20.3 more than 4 times, I even tried to install older version and doesn't works at all, Now i try to go back to previous Rom version but it boots every time back to TWRP recovery. The issue is definitely bigger than I expected
Sometimes people forget they had magisk installed and hidden prior update, it's imperative to start the hidden magisk manager instead of the real named one, the routine then takes care of the new installed iteration.

Dont forget that guys!

Happy weekend!

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reactions: rjreis and Poney70
Hello guys! This is my review of this week's update!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Security patch updated to February 2020.
2. Added option to adjust wallpaper to dark mode.
3. New compression feature for video files.
4. New Video Editor option in Gallery.
5. Added option to convert HEIF image to JPG file before sending the image.

BUGS FIXED
- Fix bug with missing split-screen and suggestions panel in Recents by reverting the new navigation gesture system to older one.

Status
Not open for further replies.