MIUI 12.0 20.6.4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHANGELOG

System

Optimization - Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020 (some devices)
Optimization - Changed certain Chinese models names and bootanimations to Global ones (Mi 8 Pro, Mi 9T, Mi 9T Pro, Mi 9 Lite, Mi Note 10)

Settings
Fix - Restored "Video wallpapers" and "Live wallpapers" categories in wallpaper settings

Security
New - 5G network optimization in Game Turbo (Redmi K30 5G)
Fix - A Chinese setting in Game Turbo's settings

Notification bar
Fix - When the floating notification appears, bottom of the page was blurred

Control center
Optimization - Control center is now closed by incoming calls
Optimization - Press and hold redirection options
Fix - Restored "Sync" toggle
Fix - Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
Fix - Accessibility features weren't available in the editing mode

Lock screen
Fix - Couldn't use fingerprint under the screen occassionally
Fix - Owner info was hidden when any notification arrived
Fix - Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space

Calculator
Fix - Arabic digits were displayed for "Arabic (Western numbers)" locale instead of Western digits

System launcher
Fix - Google Voice Assist icon wasn't showing on search bar when "Google" is set for "Global search provider"
Fix - Dark mode state wasn't applied properly to Google Discover

Gallery
Fix - Partial screenshots weren't visible on Screenshots album (some devices)

Browser
Fix - Browser settings weren't visible when Dark mode was disabled on the browser and enabled on the system

From June 20th, the beta will end for the following devices:
Mi 6, Mi 6X, Mi Mix 2, Mi Note 3, Redmi Note 5

From September 5th, the beta will end for the following devices:
Mi 8, Mi 8 Explorer Edition, Mi 8 Pro (UD), Mi 8 SE, Mi 8 Lite, Mi Max 3, Mi Mix 3, Mi Mix 2S

POSTPONED by Xiaomi: cepheus, raphael, davinci, pyxis, phoenix, picasso, tucana, crux
SUSPENDED due to upgrade Qualcomm baseline: cmi, umi, lmi

SUSPENDED due to Android 10 test: ginkgo, laurus
@ingbrzy sorry for my question. But I want to change my email . But it show me like this. Please help me. That mail is reject previously when I make account on eu site and now I want to change then it show like this. Please help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-05-15-35-23-491_org.telegram.plus.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Screenshot_2020-06-05-15-35-20-969_org.telegram.plus.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 281
I'm getting really tired of cleaning the weekly threads. Don't make me resort to auto-banning.

RN5 Pro 4/64 lags as hell after update. And there is error when try to flash HAL3_ENABLE zip file for *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* (which works in every update from almost year ago)...
I started to think that this is it - time for some less heavy rom (Lineage, Havoc or whatever), or new phone.
Yep, this is it, ciao!

Thanks Devs!
Very sad news about Mi6...
Hopefully there will be a change like used to be with Mi5, ported from another ROM.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
Not going to happen. Mi 5 and Mi 5s shared basically the same ROM, with a few differences. There will be nothing like the Mi 6 to port from.

...This increase data speed
Do you have any proof for your claim, or you're just repeating some utter nonsense you heard from somebody else?

Did Xiaomi say when the stable (Chinese, so EU too) version of MIUI 12 will be released?

Awesome work btw. I love my mi8 with this rom

Did Xiaomi say when the stable (Chinese, so EU too) version of MIUI 12 will be released?
It depends...
For a few models, end of June, for a few more, possibly August/September. And for many older models, never.

It depends...
For a few models, end of June, for a few more, possibly August/September. And for many older models, never.
Cool, I was wondering if I should try any AOSP ROM on my MI8, but I'm stuck with MIUI as is pretty cool and full of features.

I gues as my phone was a "premium" device bsck in the days, I'll upgrade in August/September

Thanks Kind stranger

Reactions: parashersandep2003
What does "Qualcomm baseline" mean?
I dont understand and when will next rom for umi be published?

SUSPENDED due to upgrade Qualcomm baseline: cmi, umi, lmi

RN5 Pro 4/64 lags as hell after update. And there is error when try to flash HAL3_ENABLE zip file for *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* (which works in every update from almost year ago)...
I started to think that this is it - time for some less heavy rom (Lineage, Havoc or whatever), or new phone.
Really? :-( did you clean flash rom or updated OTA?

Thank you guys. The update screen has changed but I didn't take the screenshot right away and then it disappeared. MI9

Last edited:
Really? :-( did you clean flash rom or updated OTA?

Dirty flashed. Just first version of miui 12 clean flashed.
I have one more complain - seems that there is some echo on other side, probably some mic problems. People can't hear me clear after update.
Thanks anyway, I use those roms for years.
This is it I think, till buying next phone.
Igor (I'm also Igor), don't cry for me :(

Reactions: jackcicci
Guys . i still have no message showing when WhatsApp messages pop up when i play something or watching netflix . its white notification with the logo of whatsapp . do you have same issues ? K20 PRO

Finally. I thing gonna keep this build. I test all day and i dont find bugs. Absolutely everything is fine. I couldn't even believe it :) So RN7 users you can download and install this build.

I`ts not bad. Now i can tell from my heart Thank`s Dev`s :)

Last edited:
Reactions: juolen
Installed 20.6.4 (dirty on 20.5.28) on my lavender:
- the RAM management is always the same (on average about 1 gb free and when you open many apps the free ram goes down and some lag starts)
- fluidity and general reactivity seem improved
- the battery consumption does not seem to me varied (about 7-8 hours of active screen with the miui 11 versus 4-5 hours of screen with the miui 12)
Having said that, congratulations to the developers who make a beta really stable for everyday use (what I do with it). Thanks

Reactions: 007flawless
This version is perfect. I just have a issue. My amazfit bip stoped notification! Some advice? They Bluetooth connection is ok! Thks

Thanks for great update! Just one question, on battery consumption now I see the process
Code:
android.system.suspend@1.0-service
, its ok to be the process consuming most battery when not using the phone?

Reactions: Thommy
anyone having problem with rooting (Magisk 20.4) - Mi 9 Lite?
After dirty flashing newest ROM, when I try to install Magisk in TWRP it says error - cannot mount system/

Status
Not open for further replies.