[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 12 Xiaomi.EU Beta 20.7.9

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019

Hi MIUIers,

Welcome back to my thorough review of this week Xiaomi.EU beta ROM! Please report and confirmed if you encountered same issues too. Now let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. New support of LHDC V3 Codec.
Added LHDC V3 codec for Snapdragon 845 series.

2. Improved control center style with date and time.
You can also tap on time to go to Clock app and date to go to Calendar app.

3. Added text size & font weight, dark mode and split-screen support into Second Space.
Note: Dark mode in Second Space will lost its settings whenever user switch back to first space.

4. Added blood pressure measurement in Xiaomi Health.
forum.php

NEW BUGS
- None (yet)

BUGS FIXED
1. Fix dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space (Make the entire UI appears thin).

2. Improve performance of swiping down to control center.

3. Same as listed down on official changelog.

REMAINING BUGS
1. Picture in Picture (PiP) broke.
Youtube and other apps that support PiP can't be activated properly in small PiP window (When using full screen gestures).

2. Black screen on video panel when minimizing app to floating window.
Steps to reproduce: Play Youtube video, swipe up to float the app, and black screen will emerge.

3. Dark mode status bar blackened problem in force dark mode apps.

Good update overall. The control center lag seems to be solved in this build.
Thank you @Igor Eisberg for implementing my simple request and solving the font-weight issue in Second Space! One thing to note is the dark mode lost its settings whenever user switch to First Space. Maybe that's why Xiaomi hide the option in the first place. But split-screen and font-weight is working flawlessly in Second Space.

SD845 devices end of beta builds:
57 days left

On mi 9tpro, I can't open the gallery

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-10-10-53-33-668_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-10-10-53-33-668_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 382
Hopefully, the battery drain has now been resolved. It has been very high since Mui12.
For me the idle drain is very inconsistent. I close all apps before I put my phone away for the night and after 9 hours sometimes it has only dropped by 3% and another day it may drop 8% in the same 9 hours. Phone is always connected to wifi. The battery usage screen does not show any specific app or service with higher than normal battery usage.

Mi 9T Global 128GB.

Hey 2 questions..last time I tried Xiaomi eu, 2 build's before that one,the control panel was Very slow and laggy,and the battery was never above 4 hours, while with aosp and the same usage I had above 6. Any improvements on these matters? thanks a lot!

Hey 2 questions..last time I tried Xiaomi eu, 2 build's before that one,the control panel was Very slow and laggy,and the battery was never above 4 hours, while with aosp and the same usage I had above 6. Any improvements on these matters? thanks a lot!
1. The control center animation lag were definitely reduced in this build. It is noticeable.
2. Same my battery barely reach 4 hours of screen of time nowadays. Not sure whether its battery fault or software fault.
Hopefully, the battery drain has now been resolved. It has been very high since Mui12.
Yeah I find it hard to find what cause this problem, it might be of our battery is already getting old but could be software fault. Not sure but I will try to look more about this issue.
Still have android.system.suspend@bla.bla draining 2% in an hour over night..... and 35% of total battery usage.
What to do guys?
Same here
Yes same here

How can I save the Bluetooth codec? Whenever I change it, it back to default setting when i quit the options app.

Sorry my bad English.

Reactions: Mohammed-Ram
Yeah I find it hard to find what cause this problem, it might be of our battery is already getting old but could be software fault. Not sure but I will try to look more about this issue.

I don't think it's battery's fault. Battery life may be reduced a little because of age. But something is draining the battery very fast. And i think, its that android.system.suspend

Reactions: Technoboy45
Yes! Good idea, at least till this boring issue will came to an end....

Scheduling battery saver from 00:00 to 07:00 AM usage reduced at 1% in an hour but the "suspend" still stay aroun 50%... I'll try to attach screenshot related that window time...

I also have an mi 9 and in the stable version as in the weekly version there is no trace of that process .

Attachments

• fa7d075a-db53-450d-b7f8-9c4e0eb89f44.jpg
    fa7d075a-db53-450d-b7f8-9c4e0eb89f44.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
After the clean installation of Mi 9 20.7.9, the lock screen will often become very dark,
and the normal brightness after unlocking to the desktop.
But as long as AOD is turned on, there will be no such situation for lock leveling.
Has anyone encountered it? (20.7.2 has happened, 7.9 has not improved)

Last edited:
After the clean installation of Mi 9 20.7.9, the lock screen will often become very dark,
and the normal brightness after unlocking to the desktop.
But as long as AOD is turned on, there will be no such situation for lock leveling.
Has anyone encountered it? (20.7.2 has happened, 7.9 has not improved)
No for me. I have dirty flashed and have no issue.

How can I save the Bluetooth codec? Whenever I change it, it back to default setting when i quit the options app.

Sorry my bad English.
you cannot change or force the codec in developer settings. Your Bluetooth device and phone automatically choose the best codec. I don't know if there is a magisk module for that

you cannot change or force the codec in developer settings. Your Bluetooth device and phone automatically choose the best codec. I don't know if there is a magisk module for that
I couldn't remember which version. I was able to save it in a version. sound quality and level had increased. it was MIUI 11 Xiaomi Eu beta.