Weekly Android 11 release mi 10 pro using magisk/root

marcel112

Members
Jun 2, 2011
Guys,

i know there are issues for getting root working on weekly built.
When there is a breakthrough, it would be much appriciated when it is shared.

I am looking daily for updates, but for now i am "stuck" at stable release :-(

So please share if you know the solution/update

You need the canary version of the magisk app… dont forget it.
So the file from thread as flashable zip in twrp and after reboot install the Canary magisk app.

Any link by chance?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 10 Pro met Tapatalk

So the file from thread as flashable zip in twrp and after reboot install the Canary magisk app.

Any link by chance?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 10 Pro met Tapatalk
You do not need to install magisk manager manually.
After you flash magisk manager zip in recovery it will install the magisk manager itself. And as it is based on the canary branch it is the canary version that gets installed. So just flash magisk zip reboot and it should be there after your phone finished booting (can take a couple of seconds for the icon to appear after the first boot)

It would have been better imho if you discussed this on the magisk thread instead of creating another one. So that every information and questions related to this topic be in one thread. That makes it easier for others to find them.
I replied to your post there.

You do not need to install magisk manager manually.
After you flash magisk manager zip in recovery it will install the magisk manager itself. And as it is based on the canary branch it is the canary version that gets installed. So just flash magisk zip reboot and it should be there after your phone finished booting (can take a couple of seconds for the icon to appear after the first boot)

It would have been better imho if you discussed this on the magisk thread instead of creating another one. So that every information and questions related to this topic be in one thread. That makes it easier for others to find them.
I replied to your post there.
i tried to dirty flash from 12.0.4.0 stable , firdt i used uninstaller magisk
i got bootloop
so i format data, and wiped cache, data and dalvik, flashed weekly 20.8.25, and flashed the file you provided
I wiped cache and dalvik after flash, no errors
i set up the phone still no magisk , so booted back to twrp and when put pin in, i get error on pin???
i am sure the pin is correct, so data keeps encrypted
now what to do?

safetynet is failing btw

Last edited:
i tried to dirty flash from 12.0.4.0 stable , firdt i used uninstaller magisk
i got bootloop
so i format data, and wiped cache, data and dalvik, flashed weekly 20.8.25, and flashed the file you provided
I wiped cache and dalvik after flash, no errors
i set up the phone still no magisk , so booted back to twrp and when put pin in, i get error on pin???
i am sure the pin is correct, so data keeps encrypted
now what to do?
Use a pattern instead of a pin code. Twrp still cannot decrypt pin for xiaomi android 11 roms

What do you mean by no magisk?

Reactions: marcel112
Use a pattern instead of a pin code. Twrp still cannot decrypt pin for xiaomi android 11 roms

What do you mean by no magisk?
after reboot to twrp and flash the file again i have magisk my bad
edit: pattern works like a charm, thanks... now i will use a11 for daily , great work