Mi8 almost unusable - Solved

Aybabtu

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Hi, I'd like to share different inconveniences I experienced with the last beta Rom on Mi8. Maybe some other users have the same issues !
1. Still have an important battery drain in general, i have to charge 2-3 time/day. It's very important when I make a phone call or when I use internet (4G ans WIFI)
Is my battery tired ? How can I check that ?
2. FC some times when I call or when I make a photo, sometimes in this 2 case, the phone reboots alone
3. The phone is always very laggy. This almost stops when I charge the phone !
4. some times, the phone shuts down and the battery goes from 70% to 16% in one shot !

So I know some bugs are Xiaomi issues, and the Dev can't fixed that. But I'm asking you, will you be able to fix the battery drain on MI8 ?
Thank you

Last edited:
You are going to have to format your phone to install the stable rom anyway this coming week, so, you might as well get a head start.

Hi, Youre right, but i think the battery drain on stable version is not super too !

So after a few days, what can i say !
Baterry drain is better ok
But photo very laggy, sometimes the phone shuts down
GPS : OMG, shuts the phone down every time i use it
What can i do ?

So after a few days, what can i say !
Baterry drain is better ok
But photo very laggy, sometimes the phone shuts down
GPS : OMG, shuts the phone down every time i use it
What can i do ?
Hi ! You have format data and install Miui 12 Stable ? Autonomy is better ?
I don't know if I make it or flash weekly 20.5.28 ?
If you can flash the last Mipa kernel the Mi 8 Comes more good no lags.

Hi thank you for you contribution
it's just horror with my phone since last beta et now stable !
Phone shut down for no raison, important battery drain, i can't even finish a call !
I don't know what to do !
can you give a tuto how to flash this Mipa Kernel please ?

I've the same problem. The last few weekly builds seems to have some strange bugs with battery drain and an android.system.suspended@1.0-service task that takes a lot of cpu. So and now, with this bad build they make it EOL.

Reactions: Aybabtu
As a regular user for 2 years, I wonder: Why do people use betas all the time and complain from battery, errors? Why don't you use stable? Why bother every week flashing the phone for little changes you will have in a month? Do they pay you for bug reporting?

I did that at first. Then I realised it's not worth it. I have always great battery and stable phone. Isn't this what you want?
Just a reflection.

@arboria The problem is not the battery error by itself. Since the last years, some times the betas always come up with some battery problems. But all the time they fixed it in one of the next betas and so no problem at all. But now, complete other situation. They're doing the development of a device on EOL and they left the latest betas with battery bugs that makes it nearly unusable. Did they make the EOL one or two months ago would be better because of a more stable beta that can be used without any strange problems. Going back is not a good solution without a clean install.

I've no problems with beta solutions at all. Some minor problem here and there are most time no problems. I'm using MIUI betas since the MI5 and really never has there been such an unsatisfactory situation as now with the MI8. I think it should be a little understandable if you are not happy about it.

Now I've switched to another beta custom ROM that is still being developed. So bye xiaomi.eu.

Hi ! Just for explain my experience I used last beta and battery drain.
I have clean flash & format data and flash stable miui 12 and great no drain.

HI guys,
found the origin of my important battery drain, FC et reboot of the phone.
The back of my MI8 was open every time and the battery swelled, i don't know why ! maybe because of a shok or something !
The phone is at the store and I let you know , thx for your support

HI guys,
found the origin of my important battery drain, FC et reboot of the phone.
The back of my MI8 was open every time and the battery swelled, i don't know why ! maybe because of a shok or something !
The phone is at the store and I let you know , thx for your support
Ok take the opportunity to change the battery against a new one. And I come back to miui 12 stable eu rom it works really well fast and no battery drain and very good deep sleep.

Ok take the opportunity to change the battery against a new one. And I come back to miui 12 stable eu rom it works really well fast and no battery drain and very good deep sleep.
Is there any "android.system.suspend" battery drain on stable miui 12 eu rom? Is everything ok with stock kernel of stable rom?

Hi ! But do you know if whether there is going to be a new update of the stable Rom ? where there will be no more update ?
Thank you

Hi ! But do you know if whether there is going to be a new update of the stable Rom ? where there will be no more update ?
Thank you
i don't know, but i hope so ! i'll try pixel4 rom and it' comes with android 11. so i might say that technily A11 is possible on MI8 ! Wait and see...

Reactions: ggkameleon
i don't know, but i hope so ! i'll try pixel4 rom and it' comes with android 11. so i might say that technily A11 is possible on MI8 ! Wait and see...
Yes is possible the Pixel 3 &3Xl had Snapdragon 845 and get A11. It's just Xiaomi don't want to dev it for all S845 Xiaomi phones.
When you test pixel4 Rom can you post later your expérience please ?
I stay on Miui12 stable is very smooth and good autonomy. But later I think flash Pixel4 Rom too or Pixel Experience Plus with face unlock and ANXCamera (Miui camera port).
Have a good day.

Pixel4 rom for Mi8 is good, smooth, no lags ans fully optimized. Coming from Miui, you just have to like android stock style...and sometimes it's good to try something else !

Reactions: ggkameleon