Bootloading problem/Unstable Fastboot [SOLVED]

Han NotSoSolo

Members
Sep 28, 2020
Hello,
I have a 2018 Mi A2 Lite, and two months ago I decided to root it using Magisk and the Fastboot method (so I downloaded the ROM and flashed with the PowerShell from my PC). Everything went perfectly, and I rebooted a rooted smarphone. At the beginning of September, I received a notification that told that the software update couldn't be installed, and I assumed that there were root issues, so a few days ago I decided to unroot my phone to install the new security Google update. Again, everything worked, the problem was fixed and the update could finally be installed. After the update, I tried to root it again, and there's where the trubles begin. I, again, downloaded the Magisk tools, I opened the PowerShell and boot the phone in Fastboot mode, flashed and... I don't know, something went wrong, I think I have downloaded the wrong version of the ROM (11.0.10.0 instead of 11.0.7.0 I guess) and now my phone is stuck in the phase when you look at the AndroidOne lines moving, the boot phase I guess. It's not a bootloop, because it remain always in that phase, but I don't know what to do. Furthermore, for some reason the Fastboot mode only stays active for 23 seconds, before the phone shut down by itself, it doesn't matter if it's plugged to the PC or not, too short to let me flash something else...
Any help yould be great. I had the last version of Android 10 on it, the bootloader is unlocked but I don't know if the USB debug is still active or not. I can still use the phisical buttons to enter the Fastboot mode or the recovery mode.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a 2018 Mi A2 Lite, and two months ago I decided to root it using Magisk and the Fastboot method (so I downloaded the ROM and flashed with the PowerShell from my PC). Everything went perfectly, and I rebooted a rooted smartphone. At the beginning of September, I received a notification that told that the software update couldn't be installed, and I assumed that there were root issues, so a few days ago I decided to unroot my phone to install the new security Google update. Again, everything worked, the problem was fixed and the update could finally be installed. After the update, I tried to root it again, and there's where the troubles begin. I, again, downloaded the Magisk tools, I opened the PowerShell and boot the phone in Fastboot mode, flashed and... I don't know, something went wrong, I think I have downloaded the wrong version of the ROM (11.0.10.0 instead of 11.0.7.0 I guess) and now my phone is stuck in the phase when you look at the AndroidOne lines moving, the boot phase I guess. It's not a boot loop, because it remain always in that phase, but I don't know what to do. Furthermore, for some reason the Fastboot mode only stays active for 23 seconds, before the phone shut down by itself, it doesn't matter if it's plugged to the PC or not, too short to let me flash something else...
Any help would be great. I had the last version of Android 10 on it, the bootloader is unlocked but I don't know if the USB debug is still active or not. I can still use the physical buttons to enter the Fastboot mode or the recovery mode.
Update:
I managed to solve the problem by flashing the right ROM of Android 10 with the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) method, passing by the Recovery mode --> Apply update with ADB.
I downloaded the Android ADB platform and tools and the right ROM, and sideloaded in the PowerShell window.
Furthermore, the Fastboot mode is stable again. Still don't know why it was unstable tho.