MIUI 12.3 20.12.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why the caches will not clear is that you are not decrypting your data. TWRP 3.4.0 cannot decrypt and so the errors come up.

You will need to boot (not flash) with a different TWRP that can decrypt your data.
The TWRP that I use to install, I boot (not flash) each time with:
Download: 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP
fastboot boot [TWRP-3.4.2b-0623-umi.img]
(There will be a delay before it loads up, and a further delay before you can input your pattern.)

This will only decrypt with a pattern access. So you will need to make sure that you unlock your phone with a pattern in order to access it.

You will then be able to install from your phone, and then clear the Dalvik and cache, and also delete the /data/system/package_cache folder.

thank you, but this is all too complicated for me. so i can't go back to 20.11.18 with this twrp version ???

But I still don't understand why I should do that its not the first time i go from stable to weekly or from weekly to stable and every time i jest format data from TWRP and flash the rom and all work fine
I would suggest that you have a look at What should I wipe in TWRP? from the official TWRP site.
It starts off,
"If you are switching ROMs (changing from one ROM to a completely different one) then you should perform a factory reset. A factory reset wipes data and cache (which includes dalvik cache). A factory reset will also wipe sd-ext and android_secure if your device has those items. 99% of the time, this is all that you need to wipe and you only need to do it once, not three times as some people would lead you to believe. .....
However, if you encounter strange behavior, then you may want to consider performing a factory reset. ...."

It also discusses some of the unnecessary things that people seem to suggest here!

Reactions: sdfre3 and Sylar82
thank you, but this is all too complicated for me. so i can't go back to 20.11.18 with this twrp version ???
For whatever reason, even though there are no version changes, it does not like downgrading.
It looks as though you may have two options:
1. Revert to your backup, and keep with the current version;
2. You can try performing a factory reset. This can be done within TWRP. You will obviously lose all of your data, but your files may remain intact.

Now i have mi 10 20.10.30 and 0623 twrp
There are two issues here:
1. You will be upgrading from Miui 12.2 to Miui 12.3;
2. You will be starting to use the ROMs where there have been issues / conflicts with your 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP.

If you want to continue with the upgrade, then you will need to remove your 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP from recovery memory and flash TWRP 3.4.0 into recovery memory. You will need to follow the instructions here in post #442 above. From then on, you must only boot (not flash) into TWRP 3.4.2b-0623 every time you want to install. (There will be a delay before it loads up, and a further delay before you can input your pattern). You will need to clear Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package-cache folder (if it exists) each time you install a new ROM.

If you want to keep your data, then the ideal thing to do is go through and install each new ROM because I do not know how jumping all those weeks will respond. To short-cut, you may want to try installing the first Miui 12.3 ROM (20.11.11/12), and then try jumping a few weeks.
Whatever you do, you need to make a full backup, just in case .... ;)

Recently got the Poco F2 Pro after my Mi 9T broke and was wondering what was the best TWRP to use when going to install Xiaomi.eu roms? Thanks.

how to fix gray control center?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-10-10-37-01-551_com.miui.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-10-10-37-01-551_com.miui.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 354
[QUOTE = "lintern, post: 576587, membro: 262031"]
Recentemente comprei o Poco F2 Pro depois que meu Mi 9T quebrou e estava me perguntando qual era o melhor TWRP para usar ao instalar roms Xiaomi.eu? Obrigado.
[/CITAR]

twrp 3.4.2b - 1206

Anyone with the Poco F2 Pro know which is the best twrp for it is? I would like to install Xiaomi.eu roms but not sure what's best for this device. Thanks.

I know I may be too fast. But in 20.12.9 for cepheus the shortcut bug of the camera is still there. Everything Chinese.
99f2e6d7823b33f15d5ca98996651413.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Superwitschi
Status
Not open for further replies.