MIUI 12.5 21.1.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mi 9 pro, is there any TWRP updated to flash the new Rom? Is the actual version compatible with Android 11/Miui 12.5?
No update, no problems, same version is compatible already...all good as i updated mine... just the glow charging animation is not working correctly, also the written word of Mi turbo charging doesn't show up but the turbo charging feature is working properly though..also the weather shape on the left sliding menu from the top is broken.. that's all for now.

Thanks a lot for the big effort by devs.

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk
876eb27917bcf2b5df2ffe81fc834a5d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahaba
[QUOTE="Ohh why I did this to myself...[/QUOTE]

Curiosity

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, thanks for being here, I have a mi10, and installed this latest ROM (and the previous ones), via USB OTG, and everything is working perfectly. Thanks again to these developers.

I thought installing this ROM would be without problems, but not unfortunately. In order to avoid bootloop problems experienced in installing the previous ROM I followed warning message of @ingbrzy namely "boot your TWRP from fastboot mode, flash ROM and reboot to system". Unfortunately the phone reboots to Fastboot mode and I can not boot to system. I tried several times without success. From TWRP I can not reboot to recovery neither, only to fastboot. I even have not tried installing Magisk causing problems last time as well.
Any assistance to install a working ROM finally would be highly appreciated.

You are not alone. Had the same problems. First boot was ok then after trying to install magisk it booted directly to Fastboot since then i cant install eu rom at all... Maybe will wait next week`s update and try again.

Guys i cant click "yes" on this step but i can cancel it. And I cant flash it trough twrp the file wont show. Can anyone help me? My twrp version might be old how do i update it?
I have a Mi 9T Pro
View attachment 33879
The update application problem has been resolved with this release. Download the rom and then move it to the main folder and then restart in recovery and install

Reactions: goosebro
Many Thanks for the dev`s great job!!!

Just installed the fresh ROM. Looking nice, but I`m still experiencing the problem launching the “Sound and vibration” menu. Once I tap it, the settings are closing down (sometimes with log report window pop up). It is not critical since I can change the ringtone from the Themes but it would be great if you could fix it with the next ROM release.
Here is the link to the sreen recorder video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dr9YX9dap-hA_ML634KFrAeKVkA6dsT9/view?usp=sharing

And one more issue was just after the 20.0.29 version first start. The SIM activation service couldn`t activate the SIM card. I tried few options and it was solved by next steps:
- Change the region in settings. It was UK by default however I set Ukraine (here I am) during the first start;
- Switch to “always” at roaming settings
- Reboot the phone and finally it was solved.
I cannot get the link / video to work.
Also what phone do you have?

Same issue with Mi9 with Wifi, it's erratic. i can turn it on / off without problems, but the connection is not fine, sometimes is working fine, but most of the time it's slow (too much) and with problems to navigate.
If i switch to mobile data, everything works fine.

Reactions: OXOTA and pblnns
I thought installing this ROM would be without problems, but not unfortunately. In order to avoid bootloop problems experienced in installing the previous ROM I followed warning message of @ingbrzy namely "boot your TWRP from fastboot mode, flash ROM and reboot to system". Unfortunately the phone reboots to Fastboot mode and I can not boot to system. I tried several times without success. From TWRP I can not reboot to recovery neither, only to fastboot. I wanted to go back to previous ROM without success, only fastboot available after reboot. I even have not tried installing Magisk causing problems last time as well.
Any assistance to install a working ROM finally would be highly appreciated.

Factory Reset done? fastboot bootloop is a result of coming from another rom to any other. So you have to click on factory reset in twrp and swipe right.
If you want to update from beta rom to beta rom you dont have to do that.

PS: Backup your Data before.

Guys I did big version jump with dirty flashing but I have one issue. Screen fingerprint works only with always-on display. Else it won't wake up the screen so I have to wake up screen to for it to take my finger input. Is there some setting I'm missing?

For now I'll make custom theme with totally transparent background and everything disabled but if there is proper fix pls tell.

The update application problem has been resolved with this release. Download the rom and then move it to the main folder and then restart in recovery and install
Im updated now but I have a problem. My Boot logo changed to Redmi how do i get back to Mi logo?

Reactions: mansell68
Factory Reset done? fastboot bootloop is a result of coming from another rom to any other. So you have to click on factory reset in twrp and swipe right.
If you want to update from beta rom to beta rom you dont have to do that.

PS: Backup your Data before.
I want to install over previous weekly, I do not think I should do a factory reset in this case.
I tried with LR Team TWRP 3.2.3, which was suggested by @psydex. This "older" version seems Ok for me as well because this TWRP returns in recovery after reboot. The problem with this is that unlock code (pattern) is not requested and the sdcard is not decrypted (just files and folders with random letters) and I can not copy the ROM to install. How should I recover the normal file structure decrypted?

Last edited:
Mi 10 (umi)
Booted (not flashed) into TWRP 3.4.2-1026.
Full backup first in TWRP
Installed new ROM 'over the top' (plus Magisk-6d88d8ad(21201)
(Cleared cache and Dalvik, plus deleted /data/system/package_cache folder)
Booted back into system (a bit of a delay first time)
Everything fine - didn't expect anything else! :)
(Yes - the new ROMs can take some time to download - go and take the dog for a walk!)

[Edit: Clicked on 'A' (autobrightness) and reset volume levels just to be sure - all OK)]
Hi friend. Can you share to link TWRP 3.4.2-1026? My phone Mi 10 umi too.

On raphael:
(a) Safety net check fails
(b) Startup screen shows "Redmi" instead of "Mi"

Edit:
(c) Chinese text in Camera settings, which Google translates to "intelligent recommendations", which is "on" and allows to change whether QR codes can be scanned
(d) quick snap for the Camera is still missing

Last edited:
Reactions: mansell68
Hm, I accidentaly gave LP root access, but as soon as I realised it I removed the access, uninstalled magisk, rebooted, rebooted to fastboot and reinstalled the rom and magisk. Actually, I foundthat out from a "symptom" of giving LP root access: magisk kinda stops working, as it becomes undetectable from apps (and can't give them root access this way).
Btw, did the developers change the fonts or made the letters thicker to fix the spotify issues?
Also, on another sidenote, this time magisk got installed as a work profile app too (I'm using island for dual apps), giving root access to the work profile as well, while being hidden. The modules and ~most settings are only accessed by the personal/main profile.
Edit: the letters seem to be thicker only in the gkeyboard, hmm

Hi, can I flash it over the stable version ? I have the poco f2 pro.
Sorry for this answer but I really don't understand all the tricks with the bootloader of the latest weekly versions...

Hello guys.

I have Mi9T, and I still haven't updated to Android 11 since I heard there are alot of bugs and stability issues regarding MIUI 12+Android 11, and I'm honestly thinking to upgrade now, since it's now on it's been out for a whole while now.

So whoever has a Mi9T and is on this update, please can you give me a brief overview on the software experience? What bugs have you encountered? Is bubbles working, especially for WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger? Is the software it stable? Does it crash alot? Is it slow? etc... Like a simple run down of the software, please.

Thanks in advance.

Um, are keyboard letters that thick for you too? Changing the font settings ~dossn't fix it..

Attachments

• 2021_01_08_23_56_50.jpg
    2021_01_08_23_56_50.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 289
Status
Not open for further replies.