Resolved 21.1.14 mi 9 friezes appeared.

kizbaron

Members
Nov 30, 2018
21.1.14 mi9 friezes appeared when watching video and listening to audio in messengers. There are also friezes in the camera application.

yep me too :(
Xiaomi mi 9t pro (raphael) here, installed 21.1.13/14

Videos in Youtube, Netflix, in site videos,.... play 5 seconds and pauses 3 seconds, plays 5 seconds,.. Very annoying.
I disabled miui battery optimization and autostart is enabled in youtube vanced. No use

If you have Voice Match enabled, try disabling it and rebooting. Your issues seem to happen due to sound trigger HAL crashing because of broken voice recognition. We don't have the required files to fix Voice Match for Snapdragon 855 devices on Android 11 yet, we have to wait for a Global ROM.

If you have Voice Match enabled, try disabling it and rebooting. Your issues seem to happen due to sound trigger HAL crashing because of broken voice recognition. We don't have the required files to fix Voice Match for Snapdragon 855 devices on Android 11 yet, we have to wait for a Global ROM.
Oh man thanks a lot! That did the trick I think. I'm watching YouTube and Netflix for 15 min each and no hiccups!

Thanks, man! Now it's everything ok.

Thanks. So now we can't use voice match? Was useful for google home

From your experience, how much of the google stuff can be safe to uninstall or freeze on the eu roms, so by default these bloated features of Google do not cause further troubles? I really only need Gmail, Maps, Keep and maybe Fit.

From your experience, how much of the google stuff can be safe to uninstall or freeze on the eu roms, so by default these bloated features of Google do not cause further troubles? I really only need Gmail, Maps, Keep and maybe Fit.
I explicitly said that this only has to do with Voice Match... not Google services.

Thanks. So now we can't use voice match? Was useful for google home
"Now"? You can't use Voice Match since you updated to Android 11, because there are no Snapdragon 855-specific blobs for Android 11 yet.

Solved! Thank you.

I had the same issues on my K20 Pro (SD855) after installing 21.1.14, with the sound behaving strangely in Youtube, and speech in Google Maps cutting out and even crashing my phone a few times during navigation.

I did however not have Voice Match enabled, as I'm not using it. Tried to enable and disable but still no luck.

What did seem to fix it for me was to uninstall the latest update of the Google app. Clearing the app data might have worked as well.
Worth a try for those with similar issues.

Reactions: Poney70
Yes, I can confirm.

Videos and audio were lagging on a 9T Pro.They were freezing and only playing part by part with some pauses.

I just cleared Google LLC cache and everything is ok. Problem solved.

When you clear the Google LCC cache, all options are set to default, incluing Voice Match off.
(Settings / Google/ Account services / Search, Assistant and Voice / Voice)

Last edited:
I described where to disable it on my post.
There are tow solutions for the issue, clean cache or disable it, basically the same thing.