MI 10 Ultra unofficial TWRP

No worries, as long as you have fastboot access, you'll be able to get it working. Let me know how you get on. I think once you get persist.img, take a twrp backup and store it somewhere. I think I will too at the weekend as well.

Hey Mark i am back with some not that good news, because I tried al the methods you point me at, and none of them worked.

Yes i did the dirty flash and installed the Chinese stable version 12.0.15 fastboot rom via MiFlash, went to see if the problem was solved but nothing.

So i decided to install via TWRP the 2 zip files of the links you left and in this case they were not installed.

Tried to install the boot image you gave me and nothing. i tried all these actions during on the stable fastboot rom.

Then decided to flash via TWRP the Chinese stable 12.0.15 zip file. went to check and the problem still there. tried to flash the two zips again and nothing and also the boot img. nothing.

believe me i almost throw the pone to the sea. cause i live in front of the sea.... jajajaja this phone its making me crazy

So i decides again to come back via TWRP the rom eu 21.1.13 everything normal no errors during the installation but at the end no fingerprint function.

One ting to recall is that after the installation of your persist img i went to check the fingerprint for and for 1 or 2 seconds i thought it was going to work, but then the message that "couldn't add the fingerprint, try later"

i did the CIT test for the fingerprint and this is the result:

Attachments

• 1611198959902.jpg
    1611198959902.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Is it only the fingerprint issue now. Do you have all other sensors working as well as signal levels, Bluetooth and WiFi? Of course it could be that you have a faulty sensor but may be try using my own files. Both I uploaded to my mega page and I would try the twrp restore first.

Download this zip file... https://mega.nz/file/vMhHzQJC#RsXAJ_ylAOGoMHXpbB6dRzFUqt23waIMqWHIwN1nh_A
It is a twrp back up of my persist.img file. Extract it to your storage and it should end up being twrp/backups/c3c35568b/....xxxxxx
Go to twrp and select the files to restore it back to your phone. If it's encrypted, use the pattern M . Screenshot below but ignore time name, I think the file is something like 9.59.

The second file... https://mega.nz/file/PAYFkCKC#gQoAxhwN9RBqSOqra91bMH6zqN23bLYsbLJS-ktKwdI
This is my own persist backup file that sits in the storage folder and gets updated now and again. You can may be restore this using info in the previous methods from yesterday using adb or terminal commands. I just thought, why not try my own files.

The 2 links next are worth reading too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-21-09-53-21.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-21-09-53-21.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot_2021-01-21-09-54-06.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-21-09-54-06.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 330
Is it only the fingerprint issue now. Do you have all other sensors working as well as signal levels, Bluetooth and WiFi? Of course it could be that you have a faulty sensor but may be try using my own files. Both I uploaded to my mega page and I would try the twrp restore first.

Download this zip file... https://mega.nz/file/vMhHzQJC#RsXAJ_ylAOGoMHXpbB6dRzFUqt23waIMqWHIwN1nh_A
It is a twrp back up of my persist.img file. Extract it to your storage and it should end up being twrp/backups/c3c35568b/....xxxxxx
Go to twrp and select the files to restore it back to your phone. If it's encrypted, use the pattern M . Screenshot below but ignore time name, I think the file is something like 9.59.

The second file... https://mega.nz/file/PAYFkCKC#gQoAxhwN9RBqSOqra91bMH6zqN23bLYsbLJS-ktKwdI
This is my own persist backup file that sits in the storage folder and gets updated now and again. You can may be restore this using info in the previous methods from yesterday using adb or terminal commands. I just thought, why not try my own files.

The 2 links next are worth reading too.

Yes Mark everything is working perfectly but the fingerprint.....ok i"ll try what you said, come back to yo asap

Yes Mark everything is working perfectly but the fingerprint.....ok i"ll try what you said, come back to yo asap
[/QUO

Hey Mark looks like there is no way to bring back the fingerprint option, i have tried all the methods and nothing so far.

flashed the Chinese stable fastboot rom nothing.

flashed the persist back up img and nothing.

tried the actions mentioned on the links you pointed and nothing

uufff still i have the option to add the fingerprint but on phone but its no possible to add it.

all the other sensor are working good its just the fingerprint,

looks like i have to send the phone to a xiaomi authorized repair center, but the problem with this is, in my country there is no repair center, if i want to send it for repair i have to send it to Mexico, which is the closer place where there is a xiaomi authorized repair center.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I must have changed my persist.img when installing custom rom.
Can someone please send me the original stock persist.img?
Thanks in advance

When I installed the last xiaomi.eu rom for monet , I couldn't download the cert for Widevine L1 - error code 1 ? -

( Device: Mi 10 lite 5G monet )

Hi guys, I'm having similar issues with my mi10 ultra , WIFI won't enable, no scan, NFC does not pick up anything and no finger print menus in EU ROM. Tried to go back to stable CN but no improvement, I've followed instructions closely and I've had no luck. Was this ever solved ? I'm back on latest EU build after flashing back to stock with Mi flash tool and accedently locking boot loader, I waited the 170 hrs, latest build, any help would be amazing

Sounds like the phone was not formatted after flash and just wiped. It has all the symptoms. There are partition differences between them, so as soon as its flashed, go to the wipe option in TWRP and select format and type yes when required to confirm the format. After that reboot system. It may be that you thought it did but the menu can be confusing in twrp wipe and format options.
You must format data whenever you change ROM branches. So format when you go stock to EU, EU stable to weekly and of course the other way too.
I would have thought that once you have waited your 168 hours, you should be able unlock straight away? But I may be wrong but worth trying. Let us know how you get on.

Sounds like the phone was not formatted after flash and just wiped. It has all the symptoms. There are partition differences between them, so as soon as its flashed, go to the wipe option in TWRP and select format and type yes when required to confirm the format. After that reboot system. It may be that you thought it did but the menu can be confusing in twrp wipe and format options.
You must format data whenever you change ROM branches. So format when you go stock to EU, EU stable to weekly and of course the other way too.
I would have thought that once you have waited your 168 hours, you should be able unlock straight away? But I may be wrong but worth trying. Let us know how you get on.
Thank you - I really appreciate the help

I followed your instructions exactly just now

So I formated ( typing yes) - reflashed with EU rom - formatted again ( typing yes) - still no wifi or fingerprint options - its very odd

Did the repairing Persist option work? from previous posts on other phones, this seems to be the root cause of sensors not working ?

other than that I can only think of hardware failure

Someone also used a fastboot ROM. So they went from a not very happy phone, flashed a stock Chinese fastboot ROM, checked it was all good, then started again by installing twrp, booting to it, then flash the EU ROM, Format data and reboot to system. That worked. I know it a pain but a full stock Chinese fastboot ROM may be the way as it will format and create the correct partitions from the script.

Not sure about the persist.img. Don't think anything came back but as long as you didn't mess with it, it should be ok. Take your time and try to work through and let us know how you went. I know it's a step backwards but it might just work.

Thank you - I really appreciate the help

I followed your instructions exactly just now

So I formated ( typing yes) - reflashed with EU rom - formatted again ( typing yes) - still no wifi or fingerprint options - its very odd

Did the repairing Persist option work? from previous posts on other phones, this seems to be the root cause of sensors not working ?

other than that I can only think of hardware failure

Hello Ace and Mark best regards....well in my case since i lost the fingerprint function of my MI 10 Ultra i haven't been able to recover it., its been around 2 or 3 months searching on the web watching video tutorials and nothing, i have performed downgrades all the way down 2 or 3 versions of miui chinese oficial roms and stables and weekly and nothing. i have flashed the persist img files Mark sent to me and ddint work.

one thing i noted watching some videos is that the people who have solve this issues they just did a clear data of 2 apps in the phone, one of them is the FingerprintExtensionService and dont remember the other one, but when i try to find those files i only have one wich is Delmar Fingerprint. but with no option to clear data. so maybe in my case if i could get the FingerprintExtensionService app for MI 10 Ultra maybe would help to solve the issue. i have tried some FingerprintExtensionService app but didint work maybe because it belongs to another Xiaomi phones.

the option to enrroll the fingerprint its still available in the cell but after setting the pathern it close inmediately.

I think your right , its the only thing left to try - do you have a link to the best CN fastboot ROM I should use?

Thanks

Hello Ace and Mark best regards....well in my case since i lost the fingerprint function of my MI 10 Ultra i haven't been able to recover it., its been around 2 or 3 months searching on the web watching video tutorials and nothing, i have performed downgrades all the way down 2 or 3 versions of miui chinese oficial roms and stables and weekly and nothing. i have flashed the persist img files Mark sent to me and ddint work.

one thing i noted watching some videos is that the people who have solve this issues they just did a clear data of 2 apps in the phone, one of them is the FingerprintExtensionService and dont remember the other one, but when i try to find those files i only have one wich is Delmar Fingerprint. but with no option to clear data. so maybe in my case if i could get the FingerprintExtensionService app for MI 10 Ultra maybe would help to solve the issue. i have tried some FingerprintExtensionService app but didint work maybe because it belongs to another Xiaomi phones.

the option to enrroll the fingerprint its still available in the cell but after setting the pathern it close inmediately.
I can't find any app called FingerprintExtensionServicebut I did find the Delmar app and I'm able to clear data, see screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_20210304_192404.jpg
    IMG_20210304_192404.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 268
I'll take a look in the morning - thanks for the advice

It's really the WiFi that's hurting the fingerprint would be a bonus at this stage

I will flash back to stock CN with fastboot and let you know how I get on

Thanks again :)

Reactions: Mark F
I can't find any app called FingerprintExtensionServicebut I did find the Delmar app and I'm able to clear data, see screenshot.

So Mark the Delmar app its the only one on the MI10 Ultra??? i thought there was FingerprintExtensionService app, because i watched in some vidoes but not for the ultra but others xiaomi.... and yes it has the option to clear data sorry my misstake, actually i just did it but still nothing. So i think there is no option to recover the option. so bad. thnks Mark for your reply

Reactions: ToneLa
Hello, sorry if this has already been posted but I now how a early original stock fastboot ROM, how do I do the cleanest wipe possible, I want to scrub everything? Even partitions that should be ok but could be refreshed - I want to start with as much of a fresh stock ROM as possible.

As always your help is very much appreciated!

How you guys install the week update? Every time my phone get encrypted and I have to clean flash..

How you guys install the week update? Every time my phone get encrypted and I have to clean flash..
[/

Hi there just follow the instructions given by Mark F as follows: "Install TWRP, then boot straight to TWRP, not system. Then FORMAT data from TWRPs menu. Mount PC or OTG usb stick with the ROM on, using TWRP, install ROM, then once done, FORMAT data again, then reboot system. Obviously you would normally only wipe dalvik and cache on any same branch update but as the EU ROM and Chinese may have partition differences between them, it's best to format before and after on this install only. Then wait, it takes ages but as long as you see the 5g and MIUI logo, it will be ok."

and dont forget to turn off before the actions mentioned above the fingerprint, face recognition, pin number or pattern etc etc

Hello, sorry if this has already been posted but I now how a early original stock fastboot ROM, how do I do the cleanest wipe possible, I want to scrub everything? Even partitions that should be ok but could be refreshed - I want to start with as much of a fresh stock ROM as possible.

As always your help is very much appreciated!
Are you staying in that original stock fastboot ROM? If you are and you probably won't have twrp, just go to factory reset and select erase all, see screen shot.
If you are going to update, then get twrp installed and once updated, you can select format from the wipe menu in twrp and then select format and type yes to confirm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-06-09-28-09-844_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-06-09-28-09-844_com.android.settings.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: Mali2
and dont forget to turn off before the actions mentioned above the fingerprint, face recognition, pin number or pattern etc etc

But this is not update, this is a fresh install, every time I set a screen password twrp is unable to decrypt the phone, so or you do a fresh install every week or keep your phone unprotected without a screen password...

But this is not update, this is a fresh install, every time I set a screen password twrp is unable to decrypt the phone, so or you do a fresh install every week or keep your phone unprotected without a screen password...
Instead of clean flashing, you have two possibilities:

1) (RECOMMENDED) Set a pattern instead of a pin/password, for unlocking the screen of your device.

2) Remove your screen password just before installing a ROM update (then re-set a screen password after that).

:)

Reactions: raamoon
Instead of clean flashing, you have two possibilities:

1) (RECOMMENDED) Set a pattern instead of a pin/password, for unlocking the screen of your device.

2) Remove your screen password just before installing a ROM update (then re-set a screen password after that).

:)
Worked perfectly, thanks. =)

Reactions: Poney70
Are you staying in that original stock fastboot ROM? If you are and you probably won't have twrp, just go to factory reset and select erase all, see screen shot.
If you are going to update, then get twrp installed and once updated, you can select format from the wipe menu in twrp and then select format and type yes to confirm.
hello

I tried multiple stock flashes - going back to the earliest fastboot CN rom I could find back on android 10 , no joy with wifi or FP, I'm still not convinced every portion is getting flashed as the phone still remembers my Mi account lock and asks for the password on first boot - i have the password and can unlock but it means something is still remaining from my old ROM?. I think I'm going to stop for a while - maybe lookout for an orange fox recovery rom if one is ever made ( any help making one would be amazing but I'm very unsure of the process!)

thank you all for your help!

hello

I tried multiple stock flashes - going back to the earliest fastboot CN rom I could find back on android 10 , no joy with wifi or FP, I'm still not convinced every portion is getting flashed as the phone still remembers my Mi account lock and asks for the password on first boot - i have the password and can unlock but it means something is still remaining from my old ROM?. I think I'm going to stop for a while - maybe lookout for an orange fox recovery rom if one is ever made ( any help making one would be amazing but I'm very unsure of the process!)

thank you all for your help!

Hello there i really dont know why its so dificult to solve this issues (yours and mine) with the MI 10 Ultra, specially when most of the xiaomi phones issues are so easy to solve just reeflasing the OS, or cleaning some files, or just reebooting the device, but with this phone everything is so complicated once an issue shows up..... I really like this phone and i think its the best for now on xiaomi family (my humble point of view) but dealing with this issues and not be able to solve them becomes frustrating, and as long as i can see there is no solution, no matter what you do, and yet worst looks like nobody can help with this, its not they dont want to help but the device itself make it hard.

Hello there i really dont know why its so dificult to solve this issues (yours and mine) with the MI 10 Ultra, specially when most of the xiaomi phones issues are so easy to solve just reeflasing the OS, or cleaning some files, or just reebooting the device, but with this phone everything is so complicated once an issue shows up..... I really like this phone and i think its the best for now on xiaomi family (my humble point of view) but dealing with this issues and not be able to solve them becomes frustrating, and as long as i can see there is no solution, no matter what you do, and yet worst looks like nobody can help with this, its not they dont want to help but the device itself make it hard.

I know, I have seen so many fix's for other models, this phone seems unpredictable. I really hope it can be fixed, I just don't know what to try next, I appreciate everyone's help so far !

Very open to what to try next

Things I have tried without making any difference - flashing new from in EDL ( with a bypass miflash tool without online authorisation)

The current situation is from the testing in the hardware test option

WIFI will not enable - no matter what
Fingerprint sensor not detected ( no option at all )

Last edited: