[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Some sellers have put a version on but mine was not full GMS, so it was unlock the bootloader and flash the EU ROM. If you are not China based, then the EU ROM should be a must.

Last edited:
I would wait until you are on EU ROMs first before asking some of your questions. Like the timeline, it didnt work for me on stock + the Google apps they put on but it works fully on the EU ROMs as GMS is fully embedded. So get yourself over to EU when you can, have a play, then see if anything you need is not there.

Alright Mark. I'm planning to have the rom installed this weekend (way past the 168 hours), if there's anything, I'll put it up here. Can't wait.

Reactions: Mark F
With the EU.rom:

OTA'S?

UPDATES?

CAMERA QUALITY?

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk
OTAs, yes. Full OTA updates once twrp installed. It will be as you need twrp to install the ROM.
UPDATES, yes. Stable as and when released in line with stock stable releases. Weekly or Beta updates as and when released but normally based on Wednesday nightly stock beta. Both branches are are released and transformed to EU versions from stock Chinese.
CAMERA QUALITY, it's the same app, so quality should be the same as the app will follow any changes to the stock Chinese version. Xiaomi EU version ROMs do not make apps, they are just transformed stock Chinese versions, so any differences will follow on from stock. You could always use a G_Cam app and xml if you really want to tweak settings.

Last edited:
OTAs, yes. Full OTA updates once twrp installed. It will be as you need twrp to install the ROM.
UPDATES, yes. Stable as and when released in line with stock stable releases. Weekly or Beta updates as and when released but normally based on Wednesday nightly stock beta. Both branches are are released and transformed to EU versions from stock Chinese.
CAMERA QUALITY, it's the same app, so quality should be the same as the app will follow any changes to the stock Chinese version. Xiaomi EU version ROMs do not make apps, they are just transformed stock Chinese versions, so any differences will follow on from stock. You could always use a *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* app and xml if you really want to tweak settings.
Thanks a lot

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Hi, I take it that you are currently on a stock Chinese version and using stock recovery. I'm not sure of your PC abilities but I do have a guide to assist getting your first EU ROM installed with twrp.
The first thing is to get everything you need ready. As you will have to format your phone when changing ROM branches, make sure you have an off phone back up to your data and photos, music etc and of course apps, or at least have access to them anywhere off of the phone.
You will need to download the ROM of choice before you start and have it available on your PC or a OTG usb stick or drive.
On your PC, get your adb and fastboot files in a simple to access folder. In that folder place a copy of the twrp you are going use and rename it to twrp.img. this makes it simpler to handle.
Now open a CMD promt on your PC and connect your phone to the PC in fastboot mode. Now follow my guide which is available below remembering to start at the part of the guide about installing twrp and the next section on installing the ROM using twrp.
Here is the guide... https://mega.nz/file/6UAhXCxZ#Np2KwhMnl8obmOvp4b-2R9ajo0zrtz3vwefy-Ya3PLs
The best twrp is the wzsx150 version. There are 2, the original that is marked as mi10pro and the latest marked as mi10ultra. Both work but here is a link to my copy of the latest... https://mega.nz/file/TUh0mLAZ#0jYRCIeAiCJEMW1eIvWzPSWG2MuKJMG5V-wgxtWT80M

Once extracted, rename the .IMG file as above.

Once you are done and back to normal on your phone you have 2 choices to update from now on.
You can manually update by downloading the latest ROM and save it on your phone, PC or OTG USD stick or drive and just reboot to recovery from the extended power menu or from power off with per on and vol up to get to recovery. From there, install, select ROM, swipe. Once done select dalvik and cache wipe, NOT FORMAT, and reboot system when done.
To update using OTA updater app on the phone, open app check for download or press on 12 in settings, details. Once an update is found, it will download and ask you to install and as long as you have twrp, it will install fine. One note is that you need currently to use a pattern screen lock for this twrp, not pin or password, so when you first install, set a pattern.
Please ask away if you have any problems, don't struggle, no question is a stupid question if you don't know the answer.
Good luck and let me know how you do.

Hi guys, new one here

Mark i followed your guide and have successfully installed stable 12.1. from this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv12/

Only problem i got was after installing TWRP i was not able to copy the rom into the phone (My PC showed th phone but the drive was now allowing any changes/data transfers), I searched across and found that the problem may be that a format right after TWRP installation was needed (and so i did) and reboot to recovery! (not after having to reinstall TWRP since i rebooted the phone to system at some point while loking for a way to transfer the rom)

It finally allowed me to copy the ROM into my phone and continue...

so far so good, only thing was that after first boot into miui it asked me for my miui password with a prompt YOUR DEVICE IS LOCKED you need to input the password for the miui account -my phonenumber-. which was odd since i have not seen that anywhere on the guide... maybe i locked my phone whithou noticing it? is it possible?

regards

Glad you got over to EU. My guide was written during A10 but I've not heard of anyone having log in issues, but it would be due to a different system being on the phone. You may now find on your devices list, it may show two. This phone and another mi 10 Ultra. Obviously the other one was the one logged in on the old stock ROM.
I am not sure about the file transfer of the ROM though. You can normally transfer it over to the storage area, like downloads or the root of your storage area. But you do have to mount your PC while in twrp or of course move it by otg usb stick.
Main thing is that your here and all well. Thanks for the oddities, I will keep them in mind for the next guide for the 11Ultra when released. Many thanks.

Still liking stable. I have no plans to upgrade to that bugheep weekly beta. Just the fact that I can't use a PIN and need to use a pattern or no password is enough reason for me to not use it.
Well, been using weekly releases for almost 5 months, with a PIN that I never had to remove to perform updates.

Over to EU A11 from CN A11. Seems like everything works great. Banking apps work great, maps timeline is good, Netflix works great! I also noticed that the phone runs a lot cooler now compared to CN rom. There are a few items to nitpick.

I'm not so sure about the camera though. I'd have to go out testing it around, but the camera seems to have lost it's 'pop'. I don't really have an apple-to-apple comparison. Might go out for a walk in the park to have a go at it.

Notifications that can be responded to from the notifications shade has an alignment issue, Mail has a sync issue, but that this seems to be a carryover from the CN rom feature. Maybe it'll get fixed in the future.

Some carryover issues from previous post:-

1) Huawei has a sidebar to summon floating windows, and although xiaomi can also summon using the app preview and selecting floating windows, but it's 1-step vs 2-step. I use that feature quite a lot.

2) Funnily, you can't put calculator on the floating window. You can have the floating calculator; but you have to exit whatever you're doing, find calculator, open calculator and select floating window, and then open back whatever you were opening to reference that vs summon sidebar, select calculator. I wished the floating calculator was an option in floating window (in app preview) or at least on the status bar. Workaround is to install third party calculator, but it's a shame. They have a very nice calculator.

3) For some reason, if I'm typing and I want to select a word, perhaps somewhere in the middle of the sentence, I can't double tap or long press to select the word. I need to long press and press select.

Having said the issues above, I just got used to it. It's still a great phone, a beast at that. But if one day Huawei ships back with an android, I'll probably use that.

@Mark F I decided to just use pin and fingerprint to tempt fate. I don't really understand the consequences, but I'm sure it can simply be rectified by selecting pattern, right?

Thanks to Mark and all the other people who made this possible. I am deeply indebted to you guys.

TLDR; The phone should've been sold like this! If you're not living in China, this rom is a must.

The reason I use pattern over pin or password is that when you come to update, twrp only uses pattern to decrypt your ROM for update. If you use pin or password, you will have to go back to system and disable it. Doing so loses face and fingerprint data and that has to be set up again, which is a pain on weekly branch with the number of updates.
I prefer to use password of course and without it, I can't run the company portal as it has a requirement for secure password.
I hope a further twrp release will be able to work with all three screen lock methods.

But great to have you join us. I have come from a long line of Huawei phones and the last, P40pro+. Yes it's different but you get used to it.
As for the camera, it's the same camera app as stock. The EU devs don't make a separate app, they just un-Chinese it. You can use G cam and it's xmls, so may be you want to go down that line if you think it's that different but hopefully some of your oddities will get fixed. If you find any bugs, pop over to the bugs thread and note them down if there not already on its list.

The reason I use pattern over pin or password is that when you come to update, twrp only uses pattern to decrypt your ROM for update. If you use pin or password, you will have to go back to system and disable it. Doing so loses face and fingerprint data and that has to be set up again, which is a pain on weekly branch with the number of updates.
I prefer to use password of course and without it, I can't run the company portal as it has a requirement for secure password.
I hope a further twrp release will be able to work with all three screen lock methods.

But great to have you join us. I have come from a long line of Huawei phones and the last, P40pro+. Yes it's different but you get used to it.
As for the camera, it's the same camera app as stock. The EU devs don't make a separate app, they just un-Chinese it. You can use G cam and it's xmls, so may be you want to go down that line if you think it's that different but hopefully some of your oddities will get fixed. If you find any bugs, pop over to the bugs thread and note them down if there not already on its list.

That is quite the situation there Mark. Send like it's going to be stuck as a personal enthusiast phone.

I just got quite a scare just now. My battery died and when I booted it, it seemed like it was stuck on the login page after entering pin. I panicked thinking "this could be what @Mark F meant". I tried booting into TWRP and it said could not decrypt data even after entering pin. I thought I was in trouble and had to wipe data. Turns out, it just took a while longer to go out of the login page (3-4 minutes) I'm not sure if it's normal.

On the camera it probably is nothing. It could just be a feeling.

First boot after any update takes a while. As long as you see 5G and then MIUI logo, all is good. On the Huawei phones it says optimisating apps with a percentage number, on these you just get the logo for longer. Nice and quick after that first boot from update though.

On mine, that was the second boot. So not sure what happened there. It's not stuck at MIUI, it was stuck at the initial lock screen.

I m also planning to move to EU (weekly) From CN ROM (Android 11). 2 more days wait period for bootloader unlock.

@Mark F, Thank you for a detailed guide. I will be moving to EU ROM from CN ROM on my Mi 10 Ultra today (As its been a week after I apply for bootloader unlock)

Phone: Mi 10 Ultra
Moving from CN ROM (stable V12.1.1.0) to EU ROM (Latest) weekly beta MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Android 11 (CN ROM) to Android 11 (weekly Beta EU)

Step 1: Download the latest TWRP (which you shared in earlier post) + Latest Weekly Beta ROM for Mi 10 Ultra (Cas)
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader (this is do a factory reset)
Step 3: Reboot the phone and set up pattern lock (to avoid issue on TWRP)
Step 4: Boot to Fastboot and install TWRP using ADB command
Step 5: Format Data using TWRP(am I missing anything here)
Step 6: Reboot to TWRP
Step 7: Move the Downloaded EU ROM to Phone storage
Step 8: Install the ROM using TWRP
Step 9: Format Data Again + Wipe Cache and Dalvik using TWRP
Step 10: Reboot the phone
Now on EU ROM.

Please let me know the above steps are in order and correct. Am I missing anything?

@Mark F, Thank you for a detailed guide. I will be moving to EU ROM from CN ROM on my Mi 10 Ultra today (As its been a week after I apply for bootloader unlock)

Moving from CN ROM (stable V12.1.1.0) to EU ROM (Latest) weekly beta MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Step 1: Download the latest TWRP (which you shared in earlier post) + Latest Weekly Beta ROM for Mi 10 Ultra (Cas) Both to PC
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader (this will do a factory reset)
Step 3: Boot to Fastboot and install TWRP using ADB command from PC
Step 4: Boot straight to TWRP Recovery
Step 5: Move the Downloaded EU ROM to Phone storage by either mounting PC from TWRP or putting new ROM on USB stick and mounting that
Step 6: Install the ROM using TWRP
Step 7: Format Data using TWRP, must be FORMAT and not just wipe on any change of ROM branch like this
Step 8: Reboot to system from TWRP, May take up to 5 or 6 minutes but as long as you see 5G and then MIUI logo, it will be fine, just wait.
Now on EU ROM.
Step 9: Set up phone with screen lock of pattern (currently as TWRP cannot decrypt ROM for updates when screen lock is set to pin or password)
Hopefully everything covered in the changed lines above but here is a link to the latest version of the guide, https://mega.nz/file/fIoWUD4a#q1S3wYoOltgaPcchAiXc3dHal7Sf31k5BZQBM4xy6NE

Message me if you need any help or run in to any issues, Good luck and enjoy.

Step 1: Download the latest TWRP (which you shared in earlier post) + Latest Weekly Beta ROM for Mi 10 Ultra (Cas)
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader (this is do a factory reset)
Step 3: Reboot the phone and set up pattern lock (to avoid issue on TWRP)
Step 4: Boot to Fastboot and install TWRP using ADB command
Step 5: Format Data using TWRP(am I missing anything here)
Step 6: Reboot to TWRP
Step 7: Move the Downloaded EU ROM to Phone storage
Step 8: Install the ROM using TWRP
Step 9: Format Data Again + Wipe Cache and Dalvik using TWRP
Step 10: Reboot the phone
Now on EU ROM.

Please let me know the above steps are in order and correct. Am I missing anything?

Step 3: Reboot phone and check unlock status. No need set any security.
Step 6 not required.

Step 9 is required because this is a fresh install. Otherwise you'll be stuck at MIUI boot screen. One other thing not mentioned frquently, the first boot will take around 5-10 minutes. If it takes longer than that, shutdown, and reboot into fastboot > TWRP and format data.

If you need a video tutorial, this guys does a very great job.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch both of them as one of them uses a .bat script to push TWRP while the other typed in all the commands manually. The first one is better in my opinion, as it is really broken down into very basic steps but he didn't use a .bat script to push TWRP. Using .bat script is way easier and foolproof.

Thank you for sharing the video. Fingers closed, hope everything goes well. will update you once done.

Hi Guys I own a Mi10 ultra and when I try to update I get this message "cannot verify the source of the update." See attached. Does anyone else have the same problem? Any solution? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-03-14-39-58-776_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-03-14-39-58-776_com.android.updater.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 158