Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-20-18-58-37-785_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-20-18-58-37-785_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_2021-04-20-18-58-06-933_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-20-18-58-06-933_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 298
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
OK, so I'm on the 12.0 rom and I want to roll back to stock, I received the phone with the EU rom and I'm not that tech savvy so... can you guys assist me on this. Is it even possible to roll back to stock with full functionality and everything, because from what I've read on the net, once you root your phone with a custom rom, you can't roll back to stock. Mi 10 Ultra owner, and are there any benefits to BTW?
Just to clarify, Xiaomi make several ROMs for their phone; one of them is their EEA ROM (filename with "EEA" and "EU", like miui_LAVENDEREEAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QFGEUXM_2064030854_10.0.zip). xiaomi.eu is a different ROM that also uses the MIUI interface, based on the Xiaomi China ROM. I expect you know this as you mention the 12.0 ROM.

You should be able to install a stock ROM, either using adb or the Xiaomi flash tool (MiFlash, I think) with a USB connection to a Windows computer.

"root your phone with a custom rom" - rooting is one thing, custom ROM another. A lot of people who use custom ROMs also root.

"Benefits of rolling back to stock?" - in my opinion, lots of interesting advertisements and promotional notifications. Probably more collection of information by Xiaomi and intrusive conditions (want to use Compass app? Accept "send all info to Xiaomi") - xiaomi.eu isn't free from this. Some weekly ROMs have bugs which the stock ROM may not have (the converse is also true). Weekly bugs eventually get squashed. Advantages claimed for the xiaomi.eu ROM: look at the first post of the current weekly thread. When I used the stock global ROM I had a lot of trouble with notifications not happening, and apps that needed to run in background being aggressively put to sleep to conserve battery. Of course, it may be better now.

All this is a matter of my opinion. Best wishes
P.S. Thanks to Igor Eisberg #313: EEA, not EU; corrected. Also, as always, thanks to the developers.

Last edited:
Mi11:
I cant use 2,4ghz wifi anymore, it does connect but says no internet and disconnects
5ghz works
I have had a different problem, but also "it does connect but says no internet". I get this when connecting to some public networks (in particular UK NHS WiFi). In my case I can always get it to work, but it requires half an hour of fiddling and rebooting. One thing that seems to help is deleting the data of the HTML Viewer app. I do this with Titanium Backup on a rooted phone; I don't know how to do it otherwise. It seems likely that my issue is different so this may not help.

OK, so I'm on the 12.0 rom and I want to roll back to stock, I received the phone with the EU rom and I'm not that tech savvy so... can you guys assist me on this. Is it even possible to roll back to stock with full functionality and everything, because from what I've read on the net, once you root your phone with a custom rom, you can't roll back to stock. Mi 10 Ultra owner, and are there any benefits to rolling back to stock BTW?
Some extra thoughts - If everything is working fine on the current ROM, is there a need to go back to stock?
Take note of what @pol098 says. There may be some disadvantages about going back to stock ROM, as well as some advantages with sticking with your current beta ROM. I'm not familiar with that stock ROM, but it could be that you have more facilities with the beta weekly ROM.
Of course the choice is yours, and you would have to think about going with the solution that you feel most comfortable with.

on my mi11 didnt have this problem .everything is ok 2.4 or 5 ghz
I had to disable WPA3 (WPA2+WPA3 to WPA2 only) encryption in my router.. after that 2,4GHZ is working again, Mi11 connects and get Internet...

but this problem just came with 21.4.14, with previous releases it worked with wpa3

Just to clarify, Xiaomi make several ROMs for their phone; one of them is their EEA ROM (filename with "EEA" and "EU", like miui_LAVENDEREEAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QFGEUXM_2064030854_10.0.zip). xiaomi.eu is a different ROM that also uses the MIUI interface, based on the Xiaomi China ROM. I expect you know this as you mention the 12.0 ROM.

You should be able to install a stock ROM, either using adb or the Xiaomi flash tool (MiFlash, I think) with a USB connection to a Windows computer.

"root your phone with a custom rom" - rooting is one thing, custom ROM another. A lot of people who use custom ROMs also root.

"Benefits of rolling back to stock?" - in my opinion, lots of interesting advertisements and promotional notifications. Probably more collection of information by Xiaomi and intrusive conditions (want to use Compass app? Accept "send all info to Xiaomi") - xiaomi.eu isn't free from this. Some weekly ROMs have bugs which the stock ROM may not have (the converse is also true). Weekly bugs eventually get squashed. Advantages claimed for the xiaomi.eu ROM: look at the first post of the current weekly thread. When I used the stock global ROM I had a lot of trouble with notifications not happening, and apps that needed to run in background being aggressively put to sleep to conserve battery. Of course, it may be better now.

All this is a matter of my opinion. Best wishes
P.S. Thanks to Igor Eisberg #313: EEA, not EU; corrected. Also, as always, thanks to the developers.

a
As I've mentioned I'm not that tech savvy and I received the phone as it is, > do not know if it's rooted or not or how to root a phone. that is why I'm looking for some help to get into things. Problems with the rom... I have tons of, my front facing cam is turning green when ever I try to make a selfie, my back cam is terrible compared to the reviews that I've seen online and because of what I got this phone. I have no issues with notifications but I have problems with my contacts, no matter what I do most of my contacts when calling are showing as numbers that are not in my list or with names that I have not signed the number in my list. When I'm in a call the screen does not turn off and when I'm holding the phone next to my cheeck and showder,I press the buttons on the screen. Have tried to sett this in menu with no avail.
These are the main reasons I wanna try out stock rom where I guess thing are better. If anyone have used the new rom on a Mi 10 Ultra and can confirm there are no such issues I may try it out... but still I'm a bit afraid to go into it because I'm not sure if I'm not gonna mess things up, so please advise in any way. At this point my old Pixel 3 is better than the MI 10 Ultra with this 12.0 rom....

Mi 10 Ultra: I received the phone as it is, do not know if it's rooted ... Problems with the rom... I have tons of ... cam ... contacts ... [proximity sensor]
I can't say anything about the Mi 10 Ultra ROM.

To know if a phone is rooted: on the Google Play Store there are lots of app to do that (some with intrusive ads).

To install a stock ROM (general guidance, step-by-step instructions can be found): download the appropriate ROM for your phone and region (e.g., global EEA). Get the latest Xiaomi MiFlash tool (Windows software); you will need a Windows PC and a USB cable suitable for data (there might be a few USB A to C cables for power only).

Before going this way you could try things like wiping the cache - I do this using root, but for my (not Mi 10) phone there is a Cleaner system app with a Deep clean option. You could also do things like deleting the cache (safe) or data (deletes data) of apps. On my phone: Settings > Apps > Manage apps > long press an app > Storage > Clear data > either all or cache. For system apps, like Contacts: Settings > Apps > System app settings > Contacts (for example) > More > Either Rebuild index date or Clear data. I'm not speaking from great expertise here, there might be more things to try without too much difficulty. I'd do this, at least, for the cache of contacts (trying not to delete data), and the data of Camera.

You could test the proximity sensor in case there's a hardware or calibration issue - there's a menu accessible by "dialling" a special code which I may vary between phone models. Be VERY careful in hidden menus not to do anything you're not sure of.

HTH

Last edited:
Reactions: skiliak
Hi everyone.
Is there anyone else experiencing battery draining in this Mi 11 version?
Mine is really draining fast this time.
No other problems till now. The only thing that i notice some roms ago is that when you change silent mode to dnd mode, it keeps both marked and it should change one to another when you click it i believe.
Regards and thank you for the great work.

Random blackouts , phone freezers , no response. need to hold power button to restart poco f2 pro got the latest weekly build and got 4 of them so far

Hi everyone.
Is there anyone else experiencing battery draining in this Mi 11 version?
Mine is really draining fast this time.
No other problems till now. The only thing that i notice some roms ago is that when you change silent mode to dnd mode, it keeps both marked and it should change one to another when you click it i believe.
Regards and thank you for the great work.
Battery drain tends to be down to the individual and their own phone, rather than the ROM.
You will need to go into your Settings / Battery, and use the graph, together with its analysis underneath to find out what it is that is causing the drain.
You will then need to look at your settings in order to find the compromise that you want.

Access Point Names can't be opened for me. I have already noticed this issue during closed beta tests this week but I thought it's a kind of individual issue. Based on forum resorts there are some users with same phenomenon regardless of the device...so it's not device specific...

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk
Same issue here

Hi I have the xiaomi MI lite 4G how to find a rom for this smartphone which bears the name of COURBET thank you

poco f3/redmi k40 issue: on whatsapp video it makes a clear and white blur around me..not normal, it happens on instagram videochat also but lower..if you have great light works flawless but in a bit dark it try to compensate somehow..i ve tried on my whatsapp with my poco f1 with xiaomi.eu stable and all is perfect..something is really wrong with this poco f3.

poco f3/redmi k40 issue: on whatsapp video it makes a clear and white blur around me..not normal, it happens on instagram videochat also but lower..if you have great light works flawless but in a bit dark it try to compensate somehow..i ve tried on my whatsapp with my poco f1 with xiaomi.eu stable and all is perfect..something is really wrong with this poco f3.
I don't think Xiaomi.eu teams change the video quality.

Don't know what this has anything to do with us. We don't touch the camera libs or configurations, so you get what China ROM provides.

Reactions: JiaiJ
Battery drain tends to be down to the individual and their own phone, rather than the ROM.
You will need to go into your Settings / Battery, and use the graph, together with its analysis underneath to find out what it is that is causing the drain.
You will then need to look at your settings in order to find the compromise that you want.
Hi.
I checked and what drained most is OTHERS. More even then screen and other app that i really used.
Is the first time i notice this issue. With the other versions i had no problem of battery.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.