Resolved Widevine L3 without any flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just flashed the latest Global EEA rom from Xiaomi on my Mi9/cepheus and relocked the bootloader. There seems to be no effect on my Widevine level, which is still L3.
I did the same on my mi 9t pro. Xiaomi took the widevine from us, a flagship and a flagship killer without the L1 is too bad

• Sad
Reactions: jan-glx
Latest Weekly for Mi 9T (davinci) 21.4.21 has been reuploaded with a workaround for this issue.
You'll now see the "Widevine (L1)" option in "Fingerprint payments" and it should work perfectly.
Go get yourselves a fresh L1 certificate.

Sadly there is no proper solution for Mi 9 (cepheus) and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro (raphael) for now.
You can thank Xiaomi for omitting the support for loading new Widevine L1 certificate on the firmware level.

Oww this is amazing!

Nice job from all dev's involved to make this possible.

Let's hope for a solution for another devices....

Latest Weekly for Mi 9T (davinci) 21.4.21 has been reuploaded with a workaround for this issue.
You'll now see the "Widevine (L1)" option in "Fingerprint payments" and it should work perfectly.

Sadly there is no proper solution for Mi 9 (cepheus) and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro (raphael) for now.
You can thank Xiaomi for omitting the support for loading new Widevine L1 certificate on the firmware level.
Any news for the RN8 situation?

Any news for the RN8 situation?
ginkgo's situation is unique. Widevine's OEMCrypto lib fails to communicate with the "Secure World" altogether. When I learn more I'll let you know here.
In fact, many of you ginkgo users most likely still have your L1 keys intact, it's just that the OEMCrypto can't access them.

Reactions: dexterv

So sad to hear that :(

• Sad
Reactions: jh0bc93 and henno

Works perfect. Thank you so much for your work!

Marvelous. I have downloaded the certificate and I have checked with the DRM info app and widevine is on L1.
I have tried Netflix and can watch the movies in FullHD.
I really appreciate the effort so that we can have the L1 certificate again.

Thank you.

Amazing job! Such a bummer that xiaomi failed us. Are there plans to include it in the stable for Mi 9t as well? I'm willing to switch to weekly of course, but if I don't have to I won't.

Amazing job! Such a bummer that xiaomi failed us. Are there plans to include it in the stable for Mi 9t as well? I'm willing to switch to weekly of course, but if I don't have to I won't.
Nah, impossible at the moment. The Stable davinci has the same limitation like cepheus/raphael have on both Stable and Weekly.

Thanks so much, worked like a charm on my Mi 9T (more than 1000 downloads already, I think you made many people very happy)!
Together with Poneys conversion patch I can watch Prime Video in 1080p again (do you have any plans to maybe include that patch into your weekly versions? :D).

Indeed, it is perfectly working on my Mi 9T (with a wiped/restored "persist" partition)! Simply amazing! <3

Reactions: JiaiJ
Hey to all,
First of all a big thanks to everyone involving into this...

I also lost after an update my L1 and having the L3 when I check through the DRM app
Problem is that I do not see the option of Fingerprint Payments under Fingerprint Unlock...

Mi 9T Davinci > latest weekly > magisk canary and safety net sample app shows PASSED.

Should I do something else in order for the payments to appear into the menu?

Thank you.

I also lost after an update my L1 and having the L3 when I check through the DRM app
Problem is that I do not see the option of Fingerprint Payments under Fingerprint Unlock...
Hey!

Download and install the reuploaded 21.4.21 ROM if you want to be happy. ^^

EDIT: Look at the bottom of the "Fingerprint unlock" menu. ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Issue with Redmi Note 8 has been solved. This is an amusing one.
Xiaomi used Android 10 firmware files for Widevine since 21.3.3, so OEMCrypto can't even interact with them.
Replacing the A10 files with A11 files from 21.2.24 fixed L1, and the L1 key was intact in the DRM storage.
The change will apply to the upcoming Weekly ROM.

We have returned from this state:
Code:
E QCOM-OEMCrypto: Error at trusted_app_get_api_version : 473
E QCOM-OEMCrypto: TA Result : 2147483647 OEMCryptoResult : 25
E QCOM-OEMCrypto: Error at _oecc01 : 110
I QCOM-OEMCrypto: LibOEMCrypto version 1.32
I QCOM-OEMCrypto: TA   version 0.0
I QCOM-OEMCrypto: Api  version 0.0
W WVCdm   : [oemcrypto_adapter_dynamic.cpp(775):LoadLevel1] Could not initialize L1. Falling Back to L3.
To this:
Code:
I QCOM-OEMCrypto: LibOEMCrypto version 1.32
I QCOM-OEMCrypto: TA   version 1.65
I QCOM-OEMCrypto: Api  version 16.3
I QCOM-OEMCrypto: Created OEMCrypto idle_thread
D WVCdm   : [oemcrypto_adapter_dynamic.cpp(729):Initialize] OEMCrypto_Initialize Level 1 success. I will use level 1.

@kurisu-kuN You said you don't have access to the "Fingerprint payments" menu, so I guess you debloated your device and broke something... :(

I was indeed using debloater magisk module but I just disabled it and restarted, still the same...

Pιty, is there any other action that is required to use fingerprint payments?
It is not that I was using it, so I haven't set up anything else regarding payments whatsoever...

Or maybe I should restore the persist from a previous nand backup?

I was indeed using debloater magisk module but I just disabled it and restarted, still the same...

Pιty, is there any other action that is required to use fingerprint payments?
It is not that I was using it, so I haven't set up anything else regarding payments whatsoever...

Or maybe I should restore the persist from a previous nand backup?
There is nothing to do in order to see the "Fingerprint payments" menu (but adding at least one fingerprint of course...). ;)

The easiest solution is to factory reset your device...

There is nothing to do in order to see the "Fingerprint payments" menu (but adding at least one fingerprint of course...). ;)

The easiest solution is to factory reset your device...
Probably I will have to follow that route...
Many thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.