[GUIDE][alioth] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40

Hi all,
does installing xiaomi.eu rom is impacting NFC payment (google pay, bank app etc) as bootloader need to be unlocked?

What if I want to revert back to older rom?eg. flash from V12.5.2 stable to V12.0.8 stable or weekly (newer) to weekly (older). Do I need to run update_rom script in older rom folder or first_install_with_data_format in older rom folder?

Sent from my M2012K11AC using Tapatalk

What if I want to revert back to older rom?eg. flash from V12.5.2 stable to V12.0.8 stable or weekly (newer) to weekly (older). Do I need to run update_rom script in older rom folder or first_install_with_data_format in older rom folder?
"first_install_with_data_format" is always recommended when downgrading. ;)

Reactions: steelcow
Hello,

Today I tried to update my HMK40_POCOF3_ROM V12.0.8.0 --> HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.2.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.
But I run into a bootloop in the recovery menu...

I'd like to avoid to loose my data storage...

[Edit]
I tried to downgrade back to V12.5.2.0, but I ran in the same issue

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

So to solve that issue, I had first to reinstall the chinese ROM (MiFlash) V12.0.8.0 (the 12.5.2.0 didn't worked). I had some "no catch checkpoint" errors, but it eventually worked the 3d time (still with the same error, but it rebooted the system sucessfully). Then I updated the Chinese ROM --> V12.5.2.0 with the system updater. After that I've been able to reflash the EU ROM V12.5.2.0 (first install).

Now I've lost my user data :'(

How can I make sure to avoid such a pain in the future?
Will we be able to use the system update feature to update to the lastest EU ROM version?

My take is to keep the stable rom zip that I flashed until twrp is available and I can do a android backup, THEN I might play with updating the system.
Is there an equivalent of android that can be ran and restored with fastboot?

anyone flashed from global rom to EU rom? whats your reason from doing so? and have anyone of you seen an increase in battery life?

my reason is to record calls, more features and MIUI 12.5 with xiaomi apps instead of google apps

The battery is not my problem.

I am sorry for my bad English

Reactions: Poney70
I have Poco f3 on global stable. Can I flash directly over global or I should flash China rom first?

Hello, is recovery going to be added? I saw a post on xda of a twrp alpha, I would leave the link but I don't know if it is against the rules. Good Morning.

Last edited:
Hola, ¿se va a agregar la recuperación? Vi una publicación en xda de un twrp alpha, dejaría el enlace pero no sé si va en contra de las reglas. Buenos días.
What is against the rules is to not write in english. Easy