[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

Hopefully this works with my mi 11, I have the mi 11 EU build but it's the Vodafone ROM, I downloaded the stock EU fastboot, extracted and used commands, I think I maybe ran the lock all one stupidly and bricked my phone, basically I enabled ARB, sent it away to Vodafone and got a replacement, my new one is still a VF ROM build so I'm going to try the x.eu build and run the command and hopefully it works out fine. I won't lock s**t this time though. Been flashing for years but this was defo a noob moment.

Little question: can anyone use ultra battery saver on latest weekly? As soon as I activate it, it starts, the wallpaper becomes black etc... And few secs later it disables itself, and my superwallpaper reappears

So tomorrow i will be allowed to unlock my bootloader and i want to ask you guys few questions .
1. Considering i got CN 12.5.4 rom , will there be any issue while trying to install Xiaomi.eu rom ?
2. Are the instructions from page 1 of this thread what i have to follow or i should know some extra things ?
3. Will the network reception( 4G+ , 5G ) be somehow affected by changing rom from CN 12.5.4 rom to Xiaomi EU 12.5.4 ?
Been some time since i flashed roms and want to make sure i wont do something wrong and brick the phone.
Thanks in advance .

So tomorrow i will be allowed to unlock my bootloader and i want to ask you guys few questions .
1. Considering i got CN 12.5.4 rom , will there be any issue while trying to install Xiaomi.eu rom ?
2. Are the instructions from page 1 of this thread what i have to follow or i should know some extra things ?
3. Will the network reception( 4G+ , 5G ) be somehow affected by changing rom from CN 12.5.4 rom to Xiaomi EU 12.5.4 ?
Been some time since i flashed roms and want to make sure i wont do something wrong and brick the phone.
Thanks in advance .
1/ It's okay, as soon as you format data you're good to go, weekly or stable as you want :)
2/ I followed those instructions to go from 12.5.2CN to 12.5.4EU, no problem. If you want to be safe, some are saying that running "fastboot set_active a" before running the scripts are helping to avoid bootloops if you're in slot b (fastboot getvar current-slot)
3/ it's the same, I saw no difference between the 2

Prior to running the script, make sure fastboot is working on your computer, just run "fastboot devices" to check if your device is detected and that your drivers are OK. If you're on linux you may have to modify udev rules or run fastboot and the script as sudo (so maybe you'll have to run as admin on windows too)

Reactions: HardCodedCoder
1/ It's okay, as soon as you format data you're good to go, weekly or stable as you want :)
2/ I followed those instructions to go from 12.5.2CN to 12.5.4EU, no problem. If you want to be safe, some are saying that running "fastboot set_active a" before running the scripts are helping to avoid bootloops if you're in slot b (fastboot getvar current-slot)
3/ it's the same, I saw no difference between the 2

Prior to running the script, make sure fastboot is working on your computer, just run "fastboot devices" to check if your device is detected and that your drivers are OK. If you're on linux you may have to modify udev rules or run fastboot and the script as sudo (so maybe you'll have to run as admin on windows too)
Hi :) I would like to know what this slot a and b is about? Should I swap to a when I'm on b? :)

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk

If my understanding is correct, it has to do with the project Treble. It's a specific partition scheme, that allows rom developers to perform updates on another partition sitting alongside the current one. So if you're in slot A, when doing an OTA it'll install the update on slot B (and vice versa) so that you'll only have to reboot to that specific slot. It has a big advantage: the update is done in the background while the system is up and running, thus minimizing the downtime caused by the update.
I'm not sure at all if it is verified that switching to slot A prior to a fastboot rom install is what prevented bootloops, but it shouldn't hurt anyway, so you can try :)

I have also another question: Do I understand it right that currently for the Stable Version the latest MIUI Version is 12.5 and for the weekly the latest Version is 12.6? :)

Unlocked the 8gb China version today. Updated to 12.5.4 first by manually download before flashing 12.5.4 eu version. Followed the video on page one. No issues. First time doing this, need to be patient during the unlock when it stays on the miui logo for a few min.
Really glad I got this version for 930 usd.

mi11 ultra stuck in fastboot after flash EU rom all passed but reboot back to fastboot always. Already unlock and tried miflash CN stock all passed but reboot to fastboot always. Please suggest

Reactions: deepblue2000
Looks like you need an EDL flash. I did and used the guy from this link,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
charged 2000R, £23. You will need the latest global fastboot ROM, so try http://mifirm.net. once he has recovered your phone, you can fastboot the EU ROM without issue.

Last edited:
mi11 ultra stuck in fastboot after flash EU rom all passed but reboot back to fastboot always. Already unlock and tried miflash CN stock all passed but reboot to fastboot always. Please suggest
Can you tell us from what CN version to what EU version you tried to install? Thanks! :)

Reactions: 4fun20
now i recover the phone by your suggestion with EDL guys. Thanks alot mate. Now i am global rom on my cn phone, if i still want to go for EU , what should i avoid to rebrick it again? Still scared me last past 48 hours!!!

now i recover the phone by your suggestion with EDL guys. Thanks alot mate. Now i am global rom on my cn phone, if i still want to go for EU , what should i avoid to rebrick it again? Still scared me last past 48 hours!!!

I have flashed from. Global ROM 12.0.1 on my China model to. EU ROM with zero issues five times.

Check the slot. You'll be fine.