MIUI 12.6 21.5.12/13

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you fixed annoying bug of system apps permissions?
I can't access them and I CANT USE browser for anything (I can't access camera, microphone, and file to upload something)

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

I've owned my first xiaomi device now for about 2 months, before this i had a galaxy s9+ running on stock rom rooted using magisk. I used no-verity-opt-encrypt so it could actually boot. Rooting on stock rom caused loads of issues, such as random reboots aswell as performance related issues. Is it safe to root on xiaomi.eu without having to worry about such issues? I have the mi11 so I also don't have access twrp.
Because these weekly ROMs are BETA, you need to make sure that if there are any special instructions, these are followed. I am currently using Canary v23001 successfully. The only slight differences that I have is that at least one of the security apps that I use seems to be able to detect rooting, even though it might be renamed / hidden. So, I have to uninstall the Magisk app each time I reboot. Each time I install a ROM, I have to also install the Magisk .zip file (which is the .apk renamed) - but that is fairly standard.

Same question here.. After the update twrp downgraded to 3.4.1. I reverted back to 3.5.1 manually but I am not sure if it is right to do so..
Yeah, it's fine. Probably safer too.

I can confirm the Issue, older TWRP is included in the FW.
TWRP will not be included for umi/cmi/lmi starting from next release.

Hi,
I have Poco F3 with installed 21.4.28 (xiaomi.eu fastboot rom). If I want to install the latest update do I have to install it as a fastboot rom as well?
Or I have to install twrp first (from the zip file) and then rom (zip file)?
I'm little confused, because I don't have twrp installed yet.

Thanks for your help!

Flashing on my mi 10 Ultra went wrong, oddly, think it's wiped my OS / internal storage

What do I do? Flashiing in TWRP says:

e1001: failed to flash system partition

Failed to mount \system_root no such device

To the staff. It is Only my opinion.

I think that recovery should be delete from the rom.
I have a F2 pro i dont use the default recovery in the rom, but as i heard, the default recovery on this model it is not Compatible with the New system. Or at least with should be Last version, but I know that gives extra work.

Just my opinion.
However, congratulations on the good work in giving our equipment better skills

EDIT
Had not yet seen the solution given not to include recovery
Greetings

== About invisible/unswipable "Media" notification issue (Spotify, Youtube Music, Bandcamp, etc.) ==

It's a known Official bug added by Xiaomi in 21.4.28 and sadly not fixed in the latest beta version... :(

Current workaround (requires Magisk/root) is:

1) Download and open "Termux" app (available on Google Play Store), type:
su

2) Grant root permissions then type:
settings put secure qs_media_resumption 0

3) Type exit two times to quit Termux.

4) Done! :)

;)
I don't have this bug on minote10

To the staff. It is Only my opinion.

I think that recovery should be delete from the rom.
I have a F2 pro i dont use the default recovery in the rom, but as i heard, the default recovery on this model it is not Compatible with the New system. Or at least with should be Last version, but I know that gives extra work.

Just my opinion.
However, congratulations on the good work in giving our equipment better skills

EDIT
Had not yet seen the solution given not to include recovery
Greetings
Does that mean that what is currently in the recovery partition will remain?
Yes. Just use the latest recovery available for your device, it won't be replaced by ROM flashing anymore. It was essential half a year ago, but not anymore.

Reactions: Iain_B
hello, i installed version 21.4.28 recently and i want to upgrade to the new update without losing my data. what should I do ? thanks a lot for your help !

So is it just me or is there a bug with Vanced YouTube Music app, having a disappearing and reappearing notification, or a notification space used by an invisible notification? Because when you're done listening you can't swipe the notification away, only to the side but the space is still being used until you force close the app itself. Even turning off the notifications in the MIUI system settings doesn't get rid of the notification.
known bug in Xiaomi firmware itself

hello, i installed version 21.4.28 recently and i want to upgrade to the new update without losing my data. what should I do ? thanks a lot for your help !
Welcome :)
Typically you would install over the top ('dirty install'), and therefore keep all of your data. You will need to take note of any posts here relevant to your particular phone, especially where there have been issues with TWRP recovery. You do not mention what phone you have.
Ideally you should tidy up your memory before installing, and clear Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder.

Reactions: Jarodx27
Don't donwload it if u have mi10 ultra it's gonna to broke ur phone and u gonna to need to install a new rom
i update earlier & nothing happen with my mi 10 ultra.u not reading the forum & suddenly spread fear here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.