Updating to 21.5.12

Don Konfetti

Members
Apr 6, 2018
Hey,

I tried to update from 21.4.28 to 21.5.12 and something went badly wrong.

As xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.5.12_v12-11.zip didn't look like its supposed to be flashed with Fastboot, I installed Nebrassys TWRP port, copied xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.5.12_v12-11.zip to the phone and flashed it with TWRP. That got me into a bootloop. Flashing it again didn't solve the problem. Also tried to remove Magisk with Magisk uninstaller, but no success. Flashing 21.4.28 with windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat didn't solve the problem either.

Looks like I'll have done something silly and now have to wipe. Any idea what's the problem?

-Don

Hey,

As xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.5.12_v12-11.zip didn't look like its supposed to be flashed with Fastboot, I installed Nebrassys TWRP port, copied xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.5.12_v12-11.zip to the phone and flashed it with TWRP. That got me into a bootloop. Flashing it again didn't solve the problem. Also tried to remove Magisk with Magisk uninstaller, but no success. Flashing 21.4.28 with windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat didn't solve the problem either.

Looks like I'll have done something silly and now have to wipe. Any idea what's the problem?

-Don
try to use below...
windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat

I can't install twrp 3.5, "No such partition" error, can you help me? Thank
check here, might helps

Installation:
1. fastboot boot twrp.img
2. copy that same twrp image to the device
3. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
4. select the image you copied
5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now
7. reboot to recovery, you should now be able to boot TWRP normally using Power+volume up

Hey,

-Don

Has this been resolved on your end? Same situation

I can't install twrp 3.5, "No such partition" error, can you help me? Thank

This time procedule is not same usual. This can't be installed directly from the flash of Fastboot command. This was necessary to start TWRP once by boot command. I also got same problem.

Reactions: Poney70
check here, might helps

Installation:
1. fastboot boot twrp.img
2. copy that same twrp image to the device
3. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
4. select the image you copied
5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now
7. reboot to recovery, you should now be able to boot TWRP normally using Power+volume up
Thank bro

I had an issue with installing the EU rom with TWRP similar to the original poster. In the end I had to reinstall the stock global ROM then install the last weekly update that could be done with fastboot (21.4.28).

If I now go to the installer app it says I can download the latest weekly and install it from recovery (see image below). But it won't let me click "yes" to install. Must I install TWRP first for this to work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-20-17-00-04-238_com.android.updater~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-20-17-00-04-238_com.android.updater~2.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 157
If I now go to the installer app it says I can download the latest weekly and install it from recovery (see image below). But it won't let me click "yes" to install. Must I install TWRP first for this to work?
You need to flash a custom recovery (TWRP) on your device if you want to install a ROM update via the Updater app. ;)

I don't known if it will fix your issue ("won't let me click "yes" to install").... Maybe you also need to change the File System (FS) of the "cache" partition to "EXT4" (instead of "F2FS"), you should be able to do that in TWRP. :)

Reactions: miuiphil
You need to flash a custom recovery (TWRP) on your device if you want to install a ROM update via the Updater app. ;)

I don't known if it will fix your issue ("won't let me click "yes" to install").... Maybe you also need to change the File System (FS) of the "cache" partition to "EXT4" (instead of "F2FS"), you should be able to do that in TWRP. :)

Thanks, so to confirm, right now I have the Weekly rom installed on my phone but it's a few weeks old (the last one that could be installed via fastboot, as I had issues with TWRP).

In terms of next steps so that I could do all future updates via the Updater app, would this work?
- Download TWRP 3.5.1_10-0 (alioth-Nebrassy).img
- Fastboot TWRP then install to the recovery
- Transfer the latest Weekly rom zip to my phone
- Install the zip to update to the latest Weekly
- Now I can run all future updates via the Updater app?

You mentioned changing the file system of the cache to EXT4 (and that it's probably currently on F2FS) - is this something I should only try if the above steps fail? Also I assume as I have a Weekly rom already installed, I do not need to wipe anything prior to following the above steps? That would be preferable rather than having to reinstall all my apps!

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions, I'm not so familiar with custom roms and I kind of messed up earlier when trying to do the first install via TWRP, which resulted in me spending hours getting the stock rom back on my device.

Is this something I should only try if the above steps fail? Also I assume as I have a Weekly rom already installed, I do not need to wipe anything prior to following the above steps?
Yes, install the latest Weekly ROM manually and if you still can't click "Yes" in Updater app (for the next Weekly ROM update) then try to change the file system for "cache" partition. ;)

No need to wipe anything, do steps you said and it should be ok. :)

Reactions: Meltigemini