How-to install global "Themes" app

Really wonder why anyone would want to miss all the other wonderful features...
Well not everyone understand Chinese, that include myself ;). Some people may like to have themes in at least English.

For not Chinese users 99% of the themes are uselsess with the default theme app.

Well not everyone understand Chinese, that include myself ;). Some people may like to have themes in at least English.

For not Chinese users 99% of the themes are uselsess with the default theme app.
Eh we all get it, but the Global Themes app is missing a lot of stuff, including stuff added especially for MIUI 12.5...

Reactions: osnix
Eh we all get it, but the Global Themes app is missing a lot of stuff, including stuff added especially for MIUI 12.5...

Sure, I know. I'm not saying the Global Theme app should be on the ROM, one can still use some AOD's, fonts,
icons & wallpapers from the CH theme app. I don't have any problem with it personally :)

Hi, I landed here while trying to install global themes app on to EU ROM for my MI 11 phone which has 12.5.8 after unlocking bootloader. I am trying to install the latest apk version on to my EU ROM, unable to do it. It has downloaded fine, but says a message " can't install system applications from unofficial channels".

Any help is appreciated. Do we need to install this below global theme apk through TWRP ? I have gone through the above comments but could not understand. Sorry I am new to this. Please advise how can I get global theme on my EU ROM. Are there any settings on the phone to allow 3rd party apk install ? I could not find it. Please advise. Thanks.

You searched for global theme - APKMirror
I installed it by accident. You need to download the system apps updater and it lets you install the global themes app from there. Note that the Wallpaper & Personalisation Menu will vanish. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/system-app-updater/system-app-updater-21-4-23-546-release/

Reactions: manu555
Hi Martin, are you sure we need to install system apps updater in EU ROM ? someone was saying in the forum that never update system aps updates in EU ROM . I am confused. I just want to double check with you before installing. Currently I have 12.5.8 EU ROM after unlocking bootloader. Please update how can I get the global apk installed. I have downloaded it, but its not allowing. if u confirm to update system apps and then try global theme apk. I will try that. thanks again.
What are you confused about exactly? You're not supposed to install it on our ROMs, nor are you supposed to jam the Global Themes app.

Hi Igor,

My problem was - i m missing my themes app which was there on my earlier global rom, the current themes app on the EU ROM is different, i am unable to find - for example my favorite spiderman theme in the current themes app in the EU ROM. ...I got my global themes app on my current EU ROM after installing the below system apps updater apk from the below link. It has updated the themes app/downloader app and the feedback app after downloading the below apk. Is it fine or any policies/rules where we should not install the below apk on EU ROM. Please advise. Thanks.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/system-app-updater/system-app-updater-21-4-23-546-release/

you can use any apk as you want at your own RISK...
  • but please dont ask how to install it
  • if you have issues in your apps after installing, dont ask the forum members for help to resolve the issue
there is a reason why you cannot update system apps by default

Hi Igor,

My problem was - i m missing my themes app which was there on my earlier global rom, the current themes app on the EU ROM is different, i am unable to find - for example my favorite spiderman theme in the current themes app in the EU ROM. ...I got my global themes app on my current EU ROM after installing the below system apps updater apk from the below link. It has updated the themes app/downloader app and the feedback app after downloading the below apk. Is it fine or any policies/rules where we should not install the below apk on EU ROM. Please advise. Thanks.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/system-app-updater/system-app-updater-21-4-23-546-release/

Download the desired Theme mtz. from the web and install in the Theme application.

Download the desired Theme mtz. from the web and install in the Theme application.

You are great! You solved a pathetic issue.
Thanks for ever

Hi Igor,

You can always get the MTZ for any Global theme and import it manually... that way you even have a backup of the theme...
There's a great website especially for that: https://www.mtzfile.pw/

HI, i'v tried ton install this app on my xiaomi mi pad 4 with crdroid that's from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/eol-rom-10-crdroid-6-12.4088677/ but it not launches as expected, since i'v did'nt make a backup before this i managed to remove the package from magisk (v.23 installed) but not from the system, how can i uninstall it now? thanks in advance.

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_20210803-120104.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-120104.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 249
Hi! I know this is the opposite of this thread, but i love the "themes" app on xiaomi.eu because of its feature called "Themes lab" that has wallpaper slideshow that is not present in Global "Themes" app.

So is there a way to install Xiaomi.eu "themes" app to a Global rom through magisk or recovery?

Ps. I love eu roms, however the reason i switched to global eea stable is because of gaming performance.

Hi! I know this is the opposite of this thread, but i love the "themes" app on xiaomi.eu because of its feature called "Themes lab" that has wallpaper slideshow that is not present in Global "Themes" app.

So is there a way to install Xiaomi.eu "themes" app to a Global rom through magisk or recovery?

Ps. I love eu roms, however the reason i switched to global eea stable is because of gaming performance.

if you dont know it you should not try it...

if you dont know it you should not try it...
I'm sorry, but I'm asking for file to flash or a source. I'm not asking because i don't know what I'm doing. I don't know where you get the conclusion that i have no idea what I'm doing, but if you're not here to answer my question then leave your opinions to urself. peace

I'm sorry, but I'm asking for file to flash or a source. I'm not asking because i don't know what I'm doing. I don't know where you get the conclusion that i have no idea what I'm doing, but if you're not here to answer my question then leave your opinions to urself. peace

its a special mod question. so I think you will not get a flashable file. but you can do it by your own

I did it for the mimoji camera and described it here. Perhaps it will help you how to do it

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-install-mimoji-camera-into-xiaomi-eu-rom.54976/

Reactions: Poney70
Hi
I have installed the global version of MI getapps (mipicks) and theme store app on the Chinese ROM. But when I run it, it does not show anything or it shows an internet connection error.
It worked in ROM version 12. But it does not work now. ( k20 pro china rom miui 12.5.5 )
I have also changed the following. but I did not succeed

cust.prop in /cust/cust/cn/cust.prop
cust.prop in /system/cust/cn/cust.prop
build.prop in /system/build.prop

persist.sys.timezone=Asia/Kolkata
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.miui.region=IN
ro.miui.mcc=9404
ro.miui.mnc=9999
ro.miui.cust_variant=in
ro.vendor.miui.region=IN
ro.vendor.miui.mcc=9404
ro.vendor.miui.mnc=9999
ro.vendor.miui.cust_variant=in

I flash the global theme app but it doesnt have the import option so i tried get the chinese app back but i cant, i already tried flash the xiamo.eu rom and didnt work, any help?