Integrate Tuya (Smart Life) in Mi Home app

Fratila Nicolae

Members
Nov 12, 2017
hello,
Do you know if it is possible to integrate Tuya (Smart Life) devices in the Mi Home app?
I have the option available, I am adding my user name and password but it's denied.
In Tuya/Smart Life app, I don't have the option to allow other services to access it, though, Tuya and Smart Life are working fine with Google and Alexa.
Did anyone tried it?

Profile > Other platform devices > Tap to add

Select Tuya from list, then Add account.

Should work, which language are you selecting at the login binding page?

Ok, i tried but it's not working. When going back to English, I managed to connect the tuya ap.
I saw only some of the smart sockets, not all. I can't switch the on/off, I can't do anything

Ok, i tried but it's not working. When going back to English, I managed to connect the tuya ap.
I saw only some of the smart sockets, not all. I can't switch the on/off, I can't do anything
You can try speaking to Tuya, perhaps their integration is not perfect yet.

Has anyone had any luck using the Xiaomi app with Tuya? The Tuya devices display but it's not possible to interact with them.

Better read for yourself the feedback from tuya

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-20-12-49-18-249_com.tuya.smartlife.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-20-12-49-18-249_com.tuya.smartlife.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 19,367
Reactions: bra4eda
Better read for yourself the feedback from tuya
OK, so please ask them WHY there is an option to BIND with the account services within Mi Home APP. My guess is the customer support is not familiar with the process. Also try emailing to service.us@xiaomi.com

Hello guys....
Has anyone found a solution for this?

I bought a tuya smart plug, but it's not showing on Mi Home :(

Hello guys....
Has anyone found a solution for this?

I bought a tuya smart plug, but it's not showing on Mi Home :(

Integration of smart home devices into different "ecosystems" is the biggest problem in home automation - and the Xiaomi hub is the worst of all, unfortunately. The hardware is really nice. It works excellently, but only with its own devices/sensors, and only when they are from the same geographical region. EU hubs don't see Chinese sensors, and setting an EU hub to "China mainland" doesn't allow EU-sold devices to be used. Neither work properly with Alexa, either. It's a major pain. Integration of Tuya devices also doesn't work - but I wouldn't even have expected that.
The different "ecosystems" of Xiaomi, Tuya, SamsungSsmartthings, Amazon Alexa, Google home, Home Assistant etc. are all pretty good in themselves, but they just don't properly work together. After a lot of research, I got some of my Xiaomi sensors (Zigbee) to work with Samsung Smartthings, but only after I programmed my own device handlers for Smartthings. There are some device handlers available from the great Smartthings community, but they mostly aren't working properly without some coding by ourselves. The Xiaomi hub is - in contrast to Smartthings - a closed ecosystem, where you cannot do anything that isn't built-in by Xiaomi. So now I integrate most things via Smartthings and Alexa, even most of the Xiaomi sensors I have, and use the Xiaomi hub only for devices that have to use the hub's built-in siren and alarm light.

Reactions: Javis and TSORFANO
Integration of smart home devices into different "ecosystems" is the biggest problem in home automation - and the Xiaomi hub is the worst of all, unfortunately. The hardware is really nice. It works excellently, but only with its own devices/sensors, and only when they are from the same geographical region. EU hubs don't see Chinese sensors, and setting an EU hub to "China mainland" doesn't allow EU-sold devices to be used. Neither work properly with Alexa, either. It's a major pain. Integration of Tuya devices also doesn't work - but I wouldn't even have expected that.
The different "ecosystems" of Xiaomi, Tuya, SamsungSsmartthings, Amazon Alexa, Google home, Home Assistant etc. are all pretty good in themselves, but they just don't properly work together. After a lot of research, I got some of my Xiaomi sensors (Zigbee) to work with Samsung Smartthings, but only after I programmed my own device handlers for Smartthings. There are some device handlers available from the great Smartthings community, but they mostly aren't working properly without some coding by ourselves. The Xiaomi hub is - in contrast to Smartthings - a closed ecosystem, where you cannot do anything that isn't built-in by Xiaomi. So now I integrate most things via Smartthings and Alexa, even most of the Xiaomi sensors I have, and use the Xiaomi hub only for devices that have to use the hub's built-in siren and alarm light.

Thanks for the answer,
which handlers did you use?
and which sensors did you connect?

Why is it that, I need to connect to the Chinese servers in order to get a third party, like Tuya (Smartlife), to work with my hub?
As soon as I connect to the EU servers I don't get this option: " Profile > Other platform devices > Tap to add". I think this is a little suspicious.

Also, how come I can't register with my other e-mailadres. It says I'm banned, that's strange... However, did anyone fixed to connect the Tuya lights to the Smart Hub v3? Looking forward to connect mines.

Reactions: kogar
Trying to do this too. Can't see the smartlife icon in the list. Does it have a different icon? I can't read Chinese to know which one says smartlife