Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Error on boot/reboot on my mi 11 pro. Using default theme
35fcac4254cb3f6f153615b1a8ec1cba.jpg
e064d5a463188ebfb18f536115e60268.jpg

Inviato dal mio M2102K1AC utilizzando Tapatalk

It's not needed on most of today's phones that have between 6GB and 12GB ram and some even more! Just a gimmick that will eat up space on your sd card. Back in the day, these swap files were used by the rooting community because phones only had one, two or even 3GB ram. You will not notice any performance difference, because it will never be used. Today's phones have more than enough ram to handle anything thrown at it. For most smartphone owners, 4GB is plenty.
That's the main reason why I have switched mine off. I would prefer (and need) the space for files! ;)

Reactions: Jimnasium
Anyone here has problems accessing phone app functions while being in a call? I can't go into the settings to turn on my speaker phone or dial pad

Poco F3 (Redmi k40) - for anybody who has Poco F3, how to fix screen dimming? When I using Poco in sunlight, after while screen is dimming such is unusable, I can't see even icons. Anybody has fixed it? Thank You for help.

Poco F3 (Redmi k40) - for anybody who has Poco F3, how to fix screen dimming? When I using Poco in sunlight, after while screen is dimming such is unusable, I can't see even icons. Anybody has fixed it? Thank You for help.
This issue appears when I had Global EU rom.
Not appearing with xiaomi.eu beta weekly

From poco f3 via Tapatalk

bom estou usando essa ultima versão e está tudo ok, nada de problemas, tambem foi ativado automaticamente esse sistema de extensão de memoria usando 3GB da rom, achei que a duração da bateria se comparada a anterior melhorou muito, nao vi nada de problema ou algo negativo rom perfeita, tks devs

Yes, BUT! Most often on a PC, swop uses an HDD or SSD. In the first case, the number of write cycles on a magnetic medium is comparable to the life cycle of the disk itself; in the second case, a technology is used to strictly save write cycles to the same cell. I have not found the use of such technology in the phone memory. So be careful!
Your storage is your storage storage regardless if it's an HDD or SSD. a swap file is generated that occupies space on your storage or sd card if you will, that means you are losing some space on your storage for something that will not likely ever actually be used. With today's phones having 6-12GB or more of ram and with the average user using around four, it is a waste of space pure and simple.

Anyone is missing part of animation while booting? I'm using a mi 10T. Sorry if my question is not clear enough

Thanks for the rom.
Btw no one notice that there's a notification bug of WhatsApp on Mi 10?
When someone call me on WhatsApp, my phone rings and vibrate, but no notification appear on my screen. I must open the WhatsApp to be able to see whos calling me.
Previously im using the 21.6.9 version, so far one of the best version i used.

Thanks for the rom.
Btw no one notice that there's a notification bug of WhatsApp on Mi 10?
When someone call me on WhatsApp, my phone rings and vibrate, but no notification appear on my screen. I must open the WhatsApp to be able to see whos calling me.
Previously im using the 21.6.9 version, so far one of the best version i used.
Same issue on poco f3. I gave all kinds of permissions and activated all notifications of whatsapp and even i reinstalled whatsapp and also installed whatsapp beta version but all options are failed to work notification of whatsapp call

Sent from my M2012K11AC using Tapatalk

Is the memory swap feature worthy on a 6GB or more device with the high end SOC's?

Also wondering if i can go from Stable to Weekly without formatting.

Is the memory swap feature worthy on a 6GB or more device with the high end SOC's?

I have turned the memory extension off for my Mi 10 (8 Gb). I value the 3Gb for storage rather than for the, probably little required, swap.
Normally you would need to Format data when going from Stable to Weekly (or vice versa).

Reactions: El Fernas

Probably no to both.
1)Check if it's already turned on (it probably is). Turn it off and see if you have at least ~1gb/500mb free ram available. If you do, ~no need to activate it.
2)If you flash stable on weekly without format not only you may live in fear that you may eventually brick your phone, but also almost all of the bugs you may encountered be caused by this (making it harder to troubleshoot and kinda voiding any bug reports).

Probably no to both.
1)Check if it's already turned on (it probably is). Turn it off and see if you have at least ~1gb/500mb free ram available. If you do, ~no need to activate it.
2)If you flash stable on weekly without format not only you may live in fear that you may eventually brick your phone, but also almost all of the bugs you may encountered be caused by this (making it harder to troubleshoot and kinda voiding any bug reports).
Thanks for replying, im still not on the weekly so i dont have the feature yet, my device is the Poco F3, on the daily i have around 2.5gb to 3.0gb of free RAM and my guess is that i wont notice any benefit, thats why i was wondering why this feature was enabled for the higher end devices with plenty of RAM and processing power.

Regarding the stable to weekly, i totally understand thats not a valid flashing option as it would be a downgrade, i was wondering about going from Stable to Weekly, that will be some form of an update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Hello Mi9lite after dirty flash, persistant notifications for system apps restore, anyone? Solutions? Thanks

Enviado do meu Mi 9 Lite através do Tapatalk

I've noticed two bugs in the last two versions:

- When we click on the small preview image at the bottom right after taking the photo, the action bar doesnt appear under the full screen photo that opens. (Send, Add Favorite, Delete etc.) It appears when we open it for the second time.

- "Whatsapp Cleaner" in the security app dosnt work, throws it from the app.

It has not been fixed in either version. Device: Mi 9T

No, it really only works if your phone has less than 4GB of ram . The way a swap file works is that when there is not enough ram to perform a function, such as open a file, run an app etc..., it accesses an area of your internal storage to create a swap file. This is akin to the Temp file in Windows. However, most phones have so much memory these days it isn't actually necessary, yet alone beneficial, to have one. The average user only uses about 4GB of ram to run all their apps, games, etc...

I am running the weekly and have this issue on that.
That isn't what you said though. You said. "This issue appears when I had Global EU rom. Not appearing with xiaomi.eu beta weekly". To me, I understood it to me that you had an issue with the Global rom, but it didn't appear in the weekly. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Status
Not open for further replies.