due to the fact that it seems Redmi 2 is abandoned (whyever) my question is, if someone
already successfully tried some other ROMs.
looks really promising (lineage/ressurectionRemix)
Pro/cons ? (battery/heat/performance)
what does Redmi 2 5.1 suspended means on ROM download page ?
Is it just delayed / paused temporarely or is it abandoned permanently ?
If abandoned -> is there an alternative to pick another ROM for this device (i really like your ROM files - always working like a charm)
Is there an MIUI 8 + Android 6 ROM availlable for The Redmi 2 (2/16) aside from using
CM13 or any kind of custom OS roms ?
Seen an "omega" entry in the ROM download section HMPro with OS 6.0 -> guess this will not work on the device or ?
No - i just installed the weekly HM2XTD stuff from here until i tried out the same steps with the HM2XTDPRO.
The MI-Logo has been "stuck" (with "... by android" at the bottom in small letters") for quite some time on my side as well but definitely no more than 5 minutes until the "update...
i've been updating my device like i've mentioned in post #3
(copied the HM2XTDPRO file to the device -> booted into recovery mode (twrp) -> installed the file ->
wiped dalvic cache -> reboot and wait for the update to be completed.)
As you can see nothing special at all (did the same...
Just to give a feedback :
1. update (using HM2XTDPRO file with the steps i mentioned above) worked like a charm
2. all apps and settings are still there (OS is 5.1.1 now)
3. my personal impression : anything works way smoother and is faster
4. memory usage is the same like before (using HM2XTD...
thanks for the fast answer :)
Actually i'm doing the following steps to update (using the weekly ones only) :
1. rename the download HM2XTD file to "update.zip" -> store it on my device
2. reboot the device into recovery mode (twrp is installed from previous updates this way)
3. performing the...
i've got a Redmi 2 (2/16) and behind the battery it's stated HM2014813 TDD-LTE....
on the package it's TDD-LTE/FDD-LTE/TD-SCDMA/WCDMA/GSM
Handy model : HM 2LTE-CMCC
I'm actually using MIU8 (HM2XTD) -> Android version 4.4.4 KTU84P
1. What is the difference between those 2 roms (aside...