[Nothing Related to Xiaomi.eu] How to uninstall xiaomi package installer?

hasunemiku2015

Members
Feb 17, 2022
I am going to install miui 13 china rom in my Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro. However, I am concerned about the default package installer blocking certain packages from installing. Is it possible to change the package installer in the rom and remove the xiaomi one (in a rooted phone)?

Well, on China ROM, the system is configured to enable MIUI Package installer and to disable Google Package Installer.
If you remove MIUI Package Installer, the ROM might not even boot due to missing package installer.

Is it possible to comfigure the china rom in reverse to enable google package installer and disable the miui one? I don’t mind doing a bit of coding, but would you mind telling me which package and /or which class does the rom or android configure its package installer?

Or is changing the package name of the whatever package installer to com.miui.packageinstaller (for personal use only) sufficient to fool the system into thinking that the package installer is the one from miui

Last edited:
Is it possible to comfigure the china rom in reverse to enable google package installer and disable the miui one? I don’t mind doing a bit of coding, but would you mind telling me which package and /or which class does the rom or android configure its package installer?

Or is changing the package name of the whatever package installer to com.miui.packageinstaller (for personal use only) sufficient to fool the system into thinking that the package installer is the one from miui
No. It's hardcoded in the framework.

Ok , so did you experience any form of prevention of third party package installation in miui13? It it possible to install vpn or other "ad-free" version of software ?

I would like to avoid adb installing every single time i want to install something

Ok , so did you experience any form of prevention of third party package installation in miui13? It it possible to install vpn or other "ad-free" version of software ?

I would like to avoid adb installing every single time i want to install something
I never had any issues installing third party apps, as long as they are compatible and packed correctly.
Don't ask me about "ad-free" versions, this is not a piracy community.

Reactions: JiaiJ