Invalid [12.0.1 Stable]AdGuard keeps killed by MIUI 12

rodrigo_dev

Members
Mar 11, 2021
AdGuard is killed randomly

The MIUI settings I have applied:
#1 task list > long tap on AdGuard > tap on padlock icon so that it changes to a closed padlock
#2 task list > long tap on AdGuard > tap on "Configure" icon > Battery saver = "No restrictions"
#3 Settings > Modify system settings > Battery optimization > AdGuard > "Don't optimize"

the root cause of the issue seems to be related to #3: this setting is reset to "Optimize" after some time .

Redmi Note 8, MIUI v12.0.1 Stable, Android 11

I have the same problem on a Redmi Note 9S with Xiaomi.EU Rom 12.0.1.0.RJWMIXM with this and several other apps, like AMdroid (an alarm clock app) as soon as I disable MIUI optimization.
Why is this bug report invalid? Do we need to provide logs?

AdGuard is killed randomly

The MIUI settings I have applied:
#1 task list > long tap on AdGuard > tap on padlock icon so that it changes to a closed padlock
#2 task list > long tap on AdGuard > tap on "Configure" icon > Battery saver = "No restrictions"
#3 Settings > Modify system settings > Battery optimization > AdGuard > "Don't optimize"

the root cause of the issue seems to be related to #3: this setting is reset to "Optimize" after some time .

Redmi Note 8, MIUI v12.0.1 Stable, Android 11
On the current weeklies on RN8 apps are getting killed due to running out of memory as far as I can tell, there is nothing you can do about it, it might be the same on stable A11. The recent memory usage viewer is being optimistic and shows more RAM available than other programs.

... as soon as I disable MIUI optimization.
Disabling MIUI optimization is not normally possible on our ROMs without third-party intervention, so it's your responsibility if you did that anyway.

Why is this bug report invalid? Do we need to provide logs?
Because we don't decide how memory management behaves, might wanna talk to Xiaomi directly.