12x pro is the worst phone I have ever owned

Wayneth

Members
Jul 16, 2022
Besides not having the ability to integrate some Google services. The pone is full of issues. Open the camera app, take a video, and then be unable to play it in the gallery. I had to install 3rd party apps to view videos.
Spent days sorting out the multitude of security issues where aps wouldn't work.
The rubbish inbuilt keyboard keeps enabling itself and switching away from swiftkey randomly
Finger print reader is useless working about 60 percent of the time. If it were not for face unlock I'd have chucked the phone away. Its been a nightmare working with banking apps
Deliveroo stopped working today telling me it doesn't know my location. Reinstalled and still didn't know. Booted up my old phone and boom, in without an issue.

I am done with this mistake of a phone and will certainly never buy from China again. Going to buy the pixel 7 pro instead when it comes out. Having a good camera doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of it is crap

hello,

I am very sad to read such a comment.

I wonder about your readings and information taken before the purchase.

it is written on all the sites that these phones have no or very limited google services and that Xiaomi's own applications are made for the Chinese.

it's thanks to xiaomi.eu and its great devs. that we have the opportunity to have access to google services.

also, I don't understand why to be full of a product when it looks like a lack of information.

F

The Google issue is annoying but not a train smash so long as the phone works without constant attention.Even setting up an alarm was a nightmare as it took me days to work out that I had to go change the apps power management settings to allow it to fire.

The only good feature of the phone that has nothing to do with Xiaomi is the chip that doesn't get hot like Samsungs do. But soon they too will be releasing on the new generation chip.

Even if a rom comes out for this phone I'm not interested because it will likely have its own issues and I just want a phone that I can use without constantly changing settings back, or having apps stop working.

Reactions: Hdfxsts
The Google issue is annoying but not a train smash so long as the phone works without constant attention.Even setting up an alarm was a nightmare as it took me days to work out that I had to go change the apps power management settings to allow it to fire.

The only good feature of the phone that has nothing to do with Xiaomi is the chip that doesn't get hot like Samsungs do. But soon they too will be releasing on the new generation chip.

Even if a rom comes out for this phone I'm not interested because it will likely have its own issues and I just want a phone that I can use without constantly changing settings back, or having apps stop working.
I own the MI12 Pro a well and have absolutely no !!! issues, have installed xiaomi.eu_multi_XM12Pro_V13.0.39.0.SLBCNXM_v13-12 version from today and TWRP 3.6.2_12-Xiaomi12Pro_v6.0_A12 from SKK in the recovery.

All banking apps work work absolutely fine (does not matter whether they are from Europe or US).
Videos taken by the camera can be immediately and instantly played with the video tool-box which comes with the EU firmware. Mi-Video App also works fine with the MI12 Pro.

But the best is seeing the MIUI+ beta App working with this phone and Windows 11 like a dream.

And all updates can be done OTA with the Updater via recovery mode.

And setting alarms is also easy.

So, why this bashing? You can get every information from the internet how to solve small problems with the MI12 Pro.

I have no issues with the Xiaomi 12 Pro, it's a great phone, camera is excellent, banking apps are no issue. I'm currently using Global Stable, waiting for the unlock timer. Was using the Samsung S22 Ultra(Snapdragon), the 12 Pro is much better to me. Never had a phone that charges any faster. The default keyboard is Gboard on Xiaomi phones, you just install Swiftkey, make it the default keyboard, then disable Gboard. Videos play flawlessly on Mi Video and VLC. On the 12 Pro, was constantly on 5G, where the S22 Ultra was always staying on 4G.