In Progress 2.9.7 and KIES Desktop

Guru Vishwanath

Members
Sep 11, 2012
Team,

I am liking the ROM and after months of struggling with different ROM, I think I have hit the jackpot. So thanks for that. I have a problem though.

I am unable to connect to my desktop PC via KIES. I have reboot my PC, re-installed KIES, did the troubleshooting steps. Did the same with my phone but no luck. I cant sync up. It just says connecting and keeps it there. The USB debugging is ON on the phone and yet it just does not connect.

I am not a very technical person in this field. So any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy SII phone. I am currently in Asia/Singapore. And I travel quite a bit and I am also hoping I wont have issues with roaming.

Best Regards,
Guru

MIUI is based off stock samsung software, so KIES in theory should work.

Either way. I don't like it. What do you need from KIES?

I have outlook and all my photos on my laptop. I also sync my outlook calender (corporate calendar). And hence I need it. Any other way, to do it, will help.

I don't think KIES communicates with non TouchWiz ROMs.

You'll have to revert to your previous ROM and switch everything off of that bad system that is KIES and use Google and what not, then come back to MIUI.