2 Roms

Klaes

Members
Sep 12, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have installed CWM and just installed the latest version of the Multilang Miui rom. As a result I have 3.9.6 on System 2 at the moment and just installed 3.9.13 on System 1. Is there any way to remove the old rom from system 2? Also when I first booted from the new version I was set back to factory, but 1 more reboot and all my apps appeared again. Hence I guess all you do is flash a new OS and all the app/data is still there when installing a new rom?

Still new to all of this and figuring it out along the way. As I'm used to installing an OS on a computer this is kinda different as not everything is formatted. Also as it seems I have 2 roms installed now which I can switch between by simply going into CWM and selecting the other system to boot from what is the use of True Dual Boot?

Thanks in advance!

If you're new then why are you installing CWM? This is not necessary for Mi2.
MI2 doesn't have dual boot. CWM gives you that feature but you can't delete second system ;-)

Playing with mods like CWM requires user to have minimum knowledge with MIUI and MI 2. If you don't have that then don't do it.

Normal user installs roms from Updater app and that's all. Doesnt need any other mods.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

Reactions: deini
alternatively, read carefully the thread concerning CWM in this forum and particularly the part referring to True Dual Boot (TDB) and try it yourself, so that you become a more experienced user, able to help other noobies ;)
In the above thread you will find a great deal of replies to questions like yours, so many that you will realize that there was no need to create a new thread for something that has already been answered before.
good luck and take care...