New 20.10.22 - MI 9T Pro | Dynamic/Video Wallpapers not working

Filippo94

Members
Jul 15, 2020
All the settings and names are translated from Italian by me, sorry if they don't precisely match the English version.

This issue has been here for a while, and I never got any answer to it:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/weekly-confirmed-issues-faq.46800/post-552770

When I set a video as wallpaper (using Settings -> Wallpaper - > Dynamic Wallpapers), it simply does not work.

- Set for Lockscreen, with a static home wallpaper, results in a static lockscreen wallpaper (not the first frame of the video, but the previous static wallpaper).
Expected is for the video to be set as lockscreen wallpaper.
- Set for Home, with a static Lockscreen wallpaper, results in a black Home wallpaper.
Expected is for the video to be set as home wallpaper.
- Set for both, results in a black wallpaper for both lockscreen and home wallpapers.
Expected is for the video to be set for both lockscreen and home wallpapers.

This is the case for builtin, downloaded, manually added, and file manager placed videos.
It is also the case, both for the MIUI launcher, and custom launchers.

It is worth mentioning that in Settings -> Wallpaper - > Home Effects, I had downloaded a Rhodium theme, that if selected applies succeffuly a pretty evidently over-compressed video as lockscreen, and a static image as home screen.

I waited for quite a bit, a good amount of new versions were released, and this was never addressed. Can you please have a look at it, and see if it is possible to be solved? Or, if it is not an issue, explain me what can I do to properly make use of the feature?

I am currently in the process of downloading, and successively installing the 20.10.22 update, in which I don't see this as an addressed fix. I'll report its status once I'm done.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I did finally manage to update (had problems with my connection) to 20.10.22, the problem is still persistent.