New 20.3.5 com.xiaomi.account crashes after correct password in "Activate this device" page

darkmight07

Members
Jan 17, 2016
Dirty flashed the 20.3.5 ROM to my Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5g (crux) and all was fine until I was prompted to "Activate this device". After putting my password, it displayed "verifying password" and then transitioned to "Updating account..." once it was able to verify my correct password. Sadly, it just gets stuck there even after a long time.

I was gonna try and turn off the wifi to see if it would do anything, but then i saw this pop up saying "com.xiaomi.account.App keeps stopping". With this I think something is crashing when it reaches the "Updating account" step as there is also a vibration (notifying of an app crashing) that appears at the same time as the "Updating account" appears.

Unable to rollback to the previous ROM version as there seems to be an anti rollback in place. Rebooting after flashing the old ROM just throws me back to the TWRP

With this, my phone is basically stuck in the "Activate this device" page until this is resolved. Tried flashing older versions of the Xiaomi Account APK via TWRP but nothing changed.

Dirty flashed the 20.3.5 ROM to my Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5g (crux) and all was fine until I was prompted to "Activate this device". After putting my password, it displayed "verifying password" and then transitioned to "Updating account..." once it was able to verify my correct password. Sadly, it just gets stuck there even after a long time.

I was gonna try and turn off the wifi to see if it would do anything, but then i saw this pop up saying "com.xiaomi.account.App keeps stopping". With this I think something is crashing when it reaches the "Updating account" step as there is also a vibration (notifying of an app crashing) that appears at the same time as the "Updating account" appears.

Unable to rollback to the previous ROM version as there seems to be an anti rollback in place. Rebooting after flashing the old ROM just throws me back to the TWRP

With this, my phone is basically stuck in the "Activate this device" page until this is resolved. Tried flashing older versions of the Xiaomi Account APK via TWRP but nothing changed.
same here on my pyxis (Mi9Lite). Stays forever in "Updating account..."

Attachments

• photo_2020-03-08_09-24-40.jpg
    photo_2020-03-08_09-24-40.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2,564
  • 2-photo_2020-03-08_09-24-27.jpg
    2-photo_2020-03-08_09-24-27.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 814
The following steps helped me out (no need to rollback):

1. log into https://i.mi.com
  2. Select "Find device"
  3. Select the device that is "blocked"
  4. Select "Turning off Find device" in the "..."-menu

use twrp and delete /data/data/ xiaomi findXX also /system/priv.app/findxxxx
Unable to do this as the only available TWRP version for the Mi 9 Pro 5G is restricted to having the files encrypted no matter what you do.

Anyway I gave up and just wiped the phone clean. Works well after installing 20.3.5

I faced same problem on 20.3.12,and i found out the only solution to flash 20.3.5 through usb -otg, i had to buy usb flash memory type c , and download rom on it via laptop,and then stick it to my phone and flash it via twrp,now i turn the stupid option of find my device off!!

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

You could tap the "View summary" and make a screenshot of that... standard procedure.