MIUI 12.6 21.12.8 - Last MIUI 12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other mirrors for the Mi 10t? Sourceforge download keeps stopping half way through and every time I restart the download it says '2 days remaining' it's so slow.

@ingbrzy is there any chance to reupload the Mi 10T file to android file host please? Or somewhere else?
im using idm+ for download & it got resume support.and im download using mobile data

Hi everyone, first of all thank you for your amazing work.
I have a doubt (I’m a total noob in the fastboot topic) : my father phone has the latest xiaomi.eu android 11 ROM with TWRP installed.. if I update his phone via fastboot, can it have some problems because it already has a recovery unsupported by android 12? Or can I go with no problem? Thanks everyone

I have a doubt (I’m a total noob in the fastboot topic) : my father phone has the latest xiaomi.eu android 11 ROM with TWRP installed.. if I update his phone via fastboot, can it have some problems because it already has a recovery unsupported by android 12? Or can I go with no problem? Thanks everyone
no problem at all

Twrp will go when updating via Fastboot. Android 12 update via Fastboot without format data went fine for my mi 11.
If at any time an supported twrp comes out you could change to twrp updates again.
If you install Magisk, then you could at first patch the boot.img on old A11 system and directly change the IMG file before Fastboot upload. That works for me.

Reactions: biscoot
The "FPS counter" doesn't actually show you what the current FPS is when you're navigating around, it just shows you that your screen is set at 120 Hz. I have a K30 Pro and it also stutters on some apps like twitter but It's honestly expected that Xiaomi would release buggy updates when it's a new android version so I suggest either going back to a previous build or just go straight back to Android 11. Not sure if your device has anti rollback so check before doing any of that if you plan on doing so.
@Pilep1p

I am using Mi11 Ultra, updated to the 21.12.8 both first version and reuploaded version. So fur smooth, but I find that the Miui+ beta is not working can not connect to the computer. Also the "Permissions Details" when you pass on it no response.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-22-09-41-22-802_com.xiaomi.mirror.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-22-09-41-22-802_com.xiaomi.mirror.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Birraque
My advice:
It is better to stay android 11 on his phone for some more time. No risk of father's feedback...

Okay, so in the stock ROM (on Android 11) this works. Dark mode can be forced for all apps.
"Dark mode can be forced for all apps" on a stock Android 11 ROM? I think you're imagining things.
Older stock ROMs only showed installed apps (not system apps) that had a launcher icon.
Later they replaced it with a hardcoded list, which is still the case on the latest stock Beta ROMs based on Android 11, while on our ROMs all non-system apps are displayed.
As for Android 12, an external configuration XML file on system partition was used, and nowadays there are 2 external XML files which further configure which components should be affected by the switch...

Is it that this feature has been completely removed in Android 12, and the OS is unable to force dark mode for apps that don't have it??
Like I said, the feature was not removed... On Android 11, there's a hardcoded list of apps that, if installed, are shown in the list.
On Android 12, however, Xiaomi moved the supported app list handling to MIUI's framework, which loads the supported apps and their configurations from 2 external XML files on system partition, and will later be updated with additional apps from Xiaomi's cloud server. We don't decide the contents of these lists. It just so happens that most of the apps Xiaomi approved as supported are Chinese apps.

"Dark mode can be forced for all apps" on a stock Android 11 ROM? I think you're imagining things.
Older stock ROMs only showed installed apps (not system apps) that had a launcher icon.
Later they replaced it with a hardcoded list, which is still the case on the latest stock Beta ROMs based on Android 11, while on our ROMs all non-system apps are displayed.
As for Android 12, an external configuration XML file on system partition was used, and nowadays there are 2 external XML files which further configure which components should be affected by the switch...

Like I said, the feature was not removed... On Android 11, there's a hardcoded list of apps that, if installed, are shown in the list.
On Android 12, however, Xiaomi moved the supported app list handling to MIUI's framework, which loads the supported apps and their configurations from 2 external XML files on system partition, and will later be updated with additional apps from Xiaomi's cloud server. We don't decide the contents of these lists. It just so happens that most of the apps Xiaomi approved as supported are Chinese apps.
I'm not imaging anything. I just installed this ROM today. Prior to that, my Poco F2 Pro was locked and running the stock MIUI build.

On that build, almost all the apps installed on my device were in the list. It seemed more like a blacklist than a whitelist. I used it for a bunch of apps that don't have dark mode such as Microsoft Authenticator, as well as some local banking apps that Xiaomi definitely would not have whitelisted. It was using a blacklist for sure.

Now, no apps currently installed show in the dark mode individual apps list for me. Microsoft Authenticator does not show. My bank app does not show. Both showed on the stock ROM. Both worked well with the forced dark mode

Are you *sure* this is intended and not a bug? It's a huge regression in this feature.

I'm not imaging anything. I just installed this ROM today. Prior to that, my Poco F2 Pro was locked and running the stock MIUI build.

On that build, almost all the apps installed on my device were in the list. It seemed more like a blacklist than a whitelist. I used it for a bunch of apps that don't have dark mode such as Microsoft Authenticator, as well as some local banking apps that Xiaomi definitely would not have whitelisted. It was using a blacklist for sure.

Now, no apps currently installed show in the dark mode individual apps list for me. Microsoft Authenticator does not show. My bank app does not show. Both showed on the stock ROM. Both worked well with the forced dark mode

Are you *sure* this is intended and not a bug? It's a huge regression in this feature.
I gave you a very detailed explanation, and you're still questioning this... I got nothing to add.
Like I said, older stock ROMs were showing all installed (non-system) apps that have a launcher icon, I don't remember a black list being in place, might be wrong. All this is not the case for Android 12 builds. Different implementation. You can call it a downgrade, buy that won't change Xiaomi's design choices.

I gave you a very detailed explanation, and you're still questioning this... I got nothing to add.
Like I said, older stock ROMs were showing all installed (non-system) apps that have a launcher icon, I don't remember a black list being in place, might be wrong. All this is not the case for Android 12 builds. Different implementation. You can call it a downgrade, buy that won't change Xiaomi's design choices.
Ok. Can I make a feature request to change this or something? There are plenty of instances where this ROM changes something from the stock ROM. Is there a reason this can't be such a thing?

Ok. Can I make a feature request to change this or something? There are plenty of instances where this ROM changes something from the stock ROM.
We don't usually take feature requests. We provide what we want for free with the time we have to spare - both to add a feature and maintain it across future updates consistently. Anything else you want added - you should ask Xiaomi directly. You paid for their device, they should provide the customer satisfaction.
Is there a reason this can't be such a thing?
Plenty of reasons. Technical complexity, lack of understanding of the new dark mode engine and lack of time to gain the needed understanding. Not to mention that supported apps need to be listed explicitly and configured on a per-app basis. Hacking around that to simply show all apps is an invitation for more "dark mode switch not working for app X" kind of bug reports. Why would I waste time on that, when it's not even our ROM's issue to begin with? With MIUI 13 coming closer each passing day, we are about to have our hands full to the brim as it is.

Reactions: JiaiJ and biscoot
describe "little lags" .. issit when u scroll fb / twitter/ ig? or while u scroll down while browsing chrome?
present on my mi 10 ultra also noticeable frame drops while scrolling through my apps drawer. If you find nd it annoying just turn off animation on dev options.

Reactions: biscoot
I would like to thank all the developers at Xiaomi.eu once again for the great work they have done this year. I wish you and your families a quiet and peaceful christmas, a happy new year and that you all stay healthy and safe for another great year 2022.
:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.