MIUI 12.6 21.7.21/22

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zandatsu

Members
Apr 15, 2021
Don't get carried away with expanding your RAM. It expands (swop) at the expense of the phone's memory. BUT! Phone memory (flash technology) has a very limited (compared to RAM) number of write cycles to its cells. Using phone memory as RAM leads to its accelerated degradation and failure.
Expand RAM only when it is impossible to run the desired application.
It's actually same as the Windows and Linux using,when you run out of memory the App in the memory goes to SWAP file which is in the Virtual Memory,it's not acting as a actual RAM

Putti

Members
Apr 1, 2019
Do we need latest nebrassy TWRP, in order to flash update for mi11 lite 5G? Or is there another TWRP?

d4delta

Members
Jun 7, 2021
Memory extension feature is turned on by default after the update. Check it and turn it off if you dont need it under additional settings.
Device: mi 10t pro

Reactions: sveto and fmcheetah

iarshadm

Members
Sep 10, 2016
Poco F3 here. Everything is awesome except that Ok Google voice match is not working. If you enable anyway, videos in any app in the phone start to stutter like pause for 2-3 seconds for every 2-3 seconds played

mankokoma

Members
Aug 5, 2019
As always no problems with dirty upgrade. But mmmh, even for the redmi note 8 ginkgo swap ram extension would be great (and necessary!).
But it's only available for 8xx snapdragon and I assume not under your control?

Reactions: LOLO9393

zandatsu

Members
Apr 15, 2021
As always no problems with dirty upgrade. But mmmh, even for the redmi note 8 ginkgo swap ram extension would be great (and necessary!).
I think it will implemented in all miui13 eligible device

gogocar62

Members
Apr 22, 2021

I think it's a useless feature. Physical RAM is never fully utilized.
Miui has aggressive RAM management

Reactions: Poney70

Parser

Members
Feb 22, 2021
This extended ram feature is just swap which is unnecessary for devices w high capacity ram. The weeklys are becoming much more stable, I think we are close to miui 13 lol

Dec 3, 2016
Thanks to developers for the good rom. Pls how can i make miui+ work on this ROM, it is connected but showing a blank screen

MI9

KGVER

Members
Nov 17, 2016
I don't really know where to report this, so if anyone knows, kindly, please do the job!! In messages (SMS and Greek language) it doesn't show the date correctly, it is only show the date as number but not the month and year of the received message. Please see picture below.

Bump if you saw this post! Just to be sure , sorry for double posting . :) ;)

Ahaba

Members
Jan 7, 2012
Updated on Mi 9 Pro this morning, everything smooth until now. Mi Fit doesn't respond on dark mode settings. It remain light anyway. Can I do something about that?

iarshadm

Members
Sep 10, 2016
Poco F3 - I don't have your problems https://streamable.com/0mvmyx
But isn't that Google voice search? I was talking about "Ok Google" which is literally saying "Ok Google" without touching anything on the phone to popup the Google Assistant.

Reactions: Shane990
Status
Not open for further replies.