2GB ram but still can't use two apps simultaneously

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 3' started by Nilz, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Nilz

NilzMembers

Jul 1, 2014
    I have a problem with my device. It constantly closes apps to free up memory. For example, if I am using a running tracker and decide to take a picture, the running app stops and I find out when I return home, so frustrating. I think 2 gb of ram should be capable of running more than one app + launcher and system/kernel stuff. I am using Nova instead of the default launcher, which should be lighter right?

I know I can lock apps in the memory but this also means that I have those apps running when I do not need to anymore. Also, when clearing the last app page, battery trackers like Gsam often stop working. Why should this behavior be so different of other phones I have (1gb but keeps fitness and battery trackers running)?

2. Onoyz

OnoyzMembers

Aug 4, 2014
    Male
    [​IMG][​IMG] check this one, enable auto start ur app which want to keep running, I'm also use Nova as my default launcher...

3. Nilz

NilzMembers

Jul 1, 2014
    The device sometimes reaches a point where it even keeps closing the keyboard while typing. Last time that happened it suddenly refused to boot and I had to wipe everything. Don't know, it's all just so weird. I've never had these issues before on other devices, but I do have them on this one regardless of which weekly version I'm on.

4. deini

deiniMembers

May 11, 2013
    This was one of the main reasons I changed to a HTC One.
    I don't know why, but there is no multitasking in Xiaomi mi3,no matter what you try. I tried everything, permissions, auto start, ram scripts, stable and developer rom... But i think it's software fault. Maybe it will change in V6

5. Having same issue but I think installing cm will solve this issue

6. reneftw

reneftwMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    Cluj-Napoca
    Cm will surely solve this issue. But we need to have a bug free one first.

7. csizmaSKAndur

Nov 4, 2013
    Male
    We need kernel source first...

Share Our Site