3d Touch

Fortis

Members
Jan 23, 2017
Hey, guys. I've just downloaded the latest weekly update 7.2.16/17 on my Mi5S 4/128 GB.
I've seen that the last update included 3D touch so I'm curious why does my 3D touch doesn't work with this update. I've turned it on in setting, but no luck.
I don't get it.. What's wrong?

I often asked about the pratical usage of this feature.
So it seem that for me it's "useful" only to provide some shortcuts for Settings and Contacts.
Any other?

That is. When press more harder on screen, will show you new popup window with shortcuts. The same way, like is on iphone 6 and 7 i think.

I often asked about the pratical usage of this feature.
So it seem that for me it's "useful" only to provide some shortcuts for Settings and Contacts.
Any other?

If the pressure sensitivity would be integrated well you could use it for more lifelike sketching, too. For example the app "Squid: Take Notes, Markup PDFs" allows to detect the pressure and to modify your line's width accordingly.
Unfortunately the Xiaomi's pressure sensor is very inaccurate and depending on the screen position its sensitivity varies (good in the center, bad on the edges).

Ok, you have to press really hard to active this feature. At least, I have to press it hard. :)

3D is not working MIUI 8 7.3.2 Eu Rom.My phone is 4/32 version and how can I do ?

Settings->Additional settings (under SYSTEM & DEVICE)->3D Touch

When you want to use 3D Touch, you have to press harder than usual. Only camera, contacts, settings and few others have 3D Touch enabled. Other apps dont have it.

Hey, guys. I've just downloaded the latest weekly update 7.2.16/17 on my Mi5S 4/128 GB.
I've seen that the last update included 3D touch so I'm curious why does my 3D touch doesn't work with this update. I've turned it on in setting, but no luck.
I don't get it.. What's wrong?

Hello,
It works only with xiaomi applications like ( message, music...)For me it works with mi5s MIUI by xiaomi.eu 8.2 | Stable
8.2.2.0 (MAGCNDL)

4/64 Miui 8.3 7.3.2
What language are you using in your phone? If not English try changing it and see if appears this time.

Edited: in Xiaomi eu rom notes says that 3D Touch was activated to the version 3/64. Since you have 4/64 I'm not sure if it's available in that model. However I think I saw someone with that model saying that 3D Touch os also available

Anyone else can corroborate this?

Best regards

Last edited:
What language are you using in your phone? If not English try changing it and see if appears this time.

Edited: in Xiaomi eu rom notes says that 3D Touch was activated to the version 3/64. Since you have 4/64 I'm not sure if it's available in that model. However I think I saw someone with that model saying that 3D Touch os also available

Anyone else can corroborate this?

Best regards
I tried put English language but there isn't it anyway. I probably think like you about the phone model.

Thanks

2my94et.png