3g and wifi concurrent

wlh03212

Members
Nov 26, 2011
Hi

Are we able to have 3g and wifi concurrently?

I have Seagate wireless plus and itself is a portable wifi hotspot to its own content. I am able to stream pictures music and video from the battery operated hardisk.

However while I am connected to the Seagate wireless plus, I cannot connect to my 3g. That meaning I can't have Internet on the go which is a very big limitation.

That being said I would like to know if our Xiaomi device can have 3g and wifi concurrently?

Any help is much much appreciated.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

It's possible with a rooted phone.

Read here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2197776

Actually it is, I found this thread that describes how to do it on an optimus G phone, and based on that I was able to do in on vanilla android 4.3 as well (my rooted nexus 4).
You need to put a couple of scripts together, since you need a series of shell commands for turning this on and off, I recommend the wonderful SH Script Runner for this.
Here is what I did on my Nexus 4. It works perfectly but note that you don't actually see the wifi icon turning on, but if you run "netcfg | grep UP" you will see that the wlan0 interface is up and running (as well as the rmnet_usb0 mobile data interface, both of them will be up and will have the expected IP addresses) and you can access your local LAN while your mobile data 3g/4g whatever provides your default route to the outside world.

The above is information from Xda. How can I incorporate thus into our Xiaomi m2

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherilee
Does anyone know anything about using 3G and WiFi at the same time? Is it even possible?
It's possible with a rooted phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboursinos
Hello from me. I done the same job with you! And the Service.jar was created and i pushed to my mobile phone. But still the same default use of the connectivity. You managed to do something?
Read here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2197776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonguy75
No it is not possible.
Actually it is, I found this thread that describes how to do it on an optimus G phone, and based on that I was able to do in on vanilla android 4.3 as well (my rooted nexus 4).
You need to put a couple of scripts together, since you need a series of shell commands for turning this on and off, I recommend the wonderful SH Script Runner for this.
Here is what I did on my Nexus 4. It works perfectly but note that you don't actually see the wifi icon turning on, but if you run "netcfg | grep UP" you will see that the wlan0 interface is up and running (as well as the rmnet_usb0 mobile data interface, both of them will be up and will have the expected IP addresses) and you can access your local LAN while your mobile data 3g/4g whatever provides your default route to the outside world.

Code:
# enable dual-networking:
pkill dhcpcd
svc wifi disable
svc data enable
netcfg wlan0 up
cd /data/misc/wifi/.
wpa_supplicant -B -Dnl80211 -iwlan0 -c/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
dhcpcd wlan0
ip route add x.x.x.x via x.x.x.y # add any desired local route

# disable dual-networking:
ip route del x.x.x.x/x via x.x.x.y